General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

Quotation marks doesn't mean that is exactly what was said. It should be, but it's not. And I can actually say that from personal experience. I was interviewed by Nikkan Sports in Sendai for the parade and what I said and what was published was not the same. And actually, I was also interviewed by New York Times at NHK '17 and again, what I said and what was published was not the same. It's sadly common 'journalism' nowadays and not typical of a country or other. But again, I didn't say they were, I just pointed out that there is a possibility they might have been.

Has there been any other media source posting these comments? That's often an argument in favor of the story being accurate. (Though far from a confirmation, because sometimes all newspapers will run with a story that is too good to pass even without verifying accuracy.)

As for the sports newspapers, everyone is free to choose what approach they take. I personally take everything they write with a big dose of salt. It seems safer that way.

As for pushing for many skaters... I doubt he ever meant that politically. He meant by providing training grounds and coaching options and choreographers and finances. And the Japanese skaters were in the top, they just didn't get to the very top. Unless there was some failure on this front last week, I don't really get it...

First of all, if this were the usual tabloid post they would have done this

- Do not post full name and said something like "a source from JSF said".

- Add another controversial line saying "another reliable official from JSF said".

So, while I do agree that there is a possibility the words were not 100% correct, I would say, the possibility of the reporter quoting everything the chairman said is higher. Another note, the words were even put in a dialect, which means the writer did not even bother to "edit" the words or standardize the statement. Please notice that there is a name and a position in there. If the reporter lied outrageously, the chairman could always make a clarification, which he did not.

Second, the translation did not use the word "politics" for the skaters.

And last but not least, as many comments have stated, there is nothing morally wrong in the article to the point it needed to be twisted from the original meaning. The whole thing is not something too controversial to the point the reporter had to "make up lies" to grab attention. It does not worth it.

Does the Federation want to support many skaters all at once? Nothing wrong with that. Do they want to brag that they have done a lot for the sport? Fine. But the way they talked about it and the way they executed their ideas at WC make people angry.

一小時前, ralucutzagy說:

Brian and Yuzu in the same list :knc_brian1:

46分鐘前, Seorose說:

Oh...this girl are so lovely :10636614:

38分鐘前, yuzuru-hanyus-triple-axel說:

XINYU DELIVERED

Finally the photo are here!! yeah, i am waiting it and our boy are so happy! :hihi:

Important News! XINYU said Yuzu gained weight!!!!!

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

The fact that he took part in seven WC and he won six medals is incredible (and with all the injuries:14066882:)......now I want to go and watch his performances again (I'm totally gonna do it:crazyshit2:)

11 minutes ago, sophiang said:

my thoughts exactly:sadPooh:

32 minutes ago, sophiang said:

Oh...this girl are so lovely :10636614:

Finally the photo are here!! yeah, i am waiting it and our boy are so happy! :hihi:

Important News! XINYU said Yuzu gained weight!!!!!

I think when he won Sochi he was like 52kg, and now he's over 60? haha 

edit: source

- 2014 (52kg)  https://www.joc.or.jp/english/sochiolympics/medalists.html 

- 2018 (58kg) https://www.japantimes.co.jp/pyeongchang-olympics/figure-skating/ 

ahhh his profile pictures... time flies (or not lol, the only difference I spotted was more hair :lol:

What a nice article written by the newspaper agency from my country...

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/winter-olympics-japanese-icon-yuzuru-hanyu-goes-for-history-on-a-shaky-ankle 

Really comprehensive, they actually do their homework and respects Yuzu, unlike the stuff we got from CBC / US news / JSF lol  

"And before he closed by saying "thank you" in five languages - Japanese, Korean, English, French and Russian"

1 hour ago, yuzuru-hanyus-triple-axel said:

XINYU DELIVERED

And now the question:

Does Yuzu lurk on SNS or does anyone tell him what are fans talking about currently?

OR does he simply love being lifted so much?

:embSwan:

22 minutes ago, Salior said:

I think when he won Sochi he was like 52kg, and now he's over 60? haha 

edit: source

- 2014 (52kg)  https://www.joc.or.jp/english/sochiolympics/medalists.html 

- 2018 (58kg) https://www.japantimes.co.jp/pyeongchang-olympics/figure-skating/ 

ahhh his profile pictures... time flies (or not lol, the only difference I spotted was more hair :lol:

This reminds me....my dad was passing by while in TV Yuzu was in the K&C after the FS and he said "he is so young, how old is he?" When I answered that he was 24 he was like "WHAT???It looks like he is 16!!!":rofl2: