General Yuzuru Chat

Okay, looks like Yuzu is ready to burn down some ice rinks next season.

According to hanyusan on Tumblr, this is what Yuzu said about the 2019/2020 season:

"I want to become such an existence that even if my competitors deliver perfect performances, they feel that they “can’t triumph over Yuzuru Hanyu.”"

http://hanyusan.tumblr.com/post/183724259895/i-want-to-become-such-an-existence-that-even-if-my

Yuzu's kuyashii-mode is so ON! I'm at the same time excited and terrified about next season. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

According to hanyusan on Tumblr, this is what Yuzu said about the 2019/2020 season:

"I want to become such an existence that even if my competitors deliver perfect performances, they feel that they “can’t triumph over Yuzuru Hanyu.”"

http://hanyusan.tumblr.com/post/183724259895/i-want-to-become-such-an-existence-that-even-if-my

Yuzu's kuyashii-mode is so ON! I'm at the same time excited and terrified about next season. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Spoiler

sometimes when I hear these statements from yuzu, i sorta feel like he's addicted to winning to the point it could be unhealthy and i'm really worried. because he's been the best there was and he's still the best there is. but to him, results are what matter the most. but now he feels like it's back to a starting point, and i know he needs to deliver more than necessary of him. he's been playing in a cheated system for way too long that now it's like reaching breaking point, which is unfair to him to be putting double the effort to get the results he deserved. there are times he'd receive the highest happiness after the highest expectation, but there are times where these expectations cause him the biggest suffering. i'm not doubting his special ability to turn adversity into motivation, but i don't have the heart to see him breaking himself in the process. i sincerely hope that there is a point where he feels like he's done enough, he's satisfied with himself and how his competitive career ended. oh yuzu...i love you so much i wish you the best of health, joy, and triumph! please be careful in everything you do. <3 praying for your health and happiness, always

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

ahhh Yuzu:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

idk, is it normal that one reads that and instead of being :smiley_hairpull::smiley-scared003::help:   is  :tumblr_inline_mm2wb3v3qq1qz4rgp::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw::10742289:....?

I guess I'm just happy that he wishes to go ONE MORE EXTRA SEASON after what he had originally planned (years ago when he thought he's WD right after 2nd OWG) and that he's being fired up instead of going all crepuscular and sad

More seriously: Yuzuru himself said he'll probably make us worry again (ok, take away the "probably", of course he'll make us worry!) and what he wants to achieve means he's going to take even more risks, but...as long as it's his own choice, really, what can us fans do, if not assuring him that we'll keep supporting him?

We can worry and go crepuscular ourselves,* or we can worry and hope that skating gods and evil ISU will finally have the decency of letting him fully enjoy this new chapter.

I hope that Yuzu will be able to choose on his own when to stop and that, when he'll do that, he'll have achieved his happiness in competition, somehow

*I admit I go crepuscular quite a bit myself, I'm sorry about that:tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp:

5 hours ago, shanshani said:

I actually thought Nathan was more likely to win, and I have forum posts somewhere or other to prove it *pokes fingers together sheepishly* At the end of the day, being out for the better part of two seasons and skating while injured is a huge disadvantage no matter how good you are. It’s obvious now that Yuzu was quite the underdog going into Worlds, and he will probably be the underdog going into next season because he has to lose more training time to ankle recovery, unless Nathan himself (god forbid—how depressing would it be if all the top men had injury problems) acquires a similar level of debilitating injury.

true. Especially after Nathan won 2nd GPF and the great condition he showed at Nats also after seeing how he had been scored against Shoma, and after US Nats superinflation tbh...

who knows what would have happened if Yuzu had been healthy, it looked like things were shaping up really well for him, till the injury...:sigh:

He pulled off a miracle at Olys, but it’s a bit much to expect him to pull off miracles all of the time. 

Though his Worlds FS was still pretty miraculous and awe-inspiring, even if he didn’t win. I can’t even force myself to go to bed at the correct time, yet somehow he willed himself into skating almost clean. :bow:

Compared to last season, I felt there has also been less stress on the fact that he'd been injured again, and recovering is hard and painful and lack of competition for months is still a factor too... as if those additional 30 days and the fact that he had made it at OWG meant he would be perfectly fine, physically and mentally. In a way Worlds showed that OWG were really a miracle that can't be replicated, or given for granted. There were many things that could make people (myself included) believe in that narrative of OWG updated edition (and I was trying hard to keep my expectations in check too), and I guess that's part of the reason why that mistake in the SP was so unexpected (other than being on the sal that had been really solid the whole season).

A bit less seriously: it was that sal, that had supported Yuzuru so faithfully at OWG, the main reason why he couldn't get the gold this time. Maybe Sal felt jealous that Yuzu was thinking too much about the Lo...while at OWG 4S was happy to be the main star and behaved well:headdesk:

in the end, Yuzu was right that 4T truly is his reliable friend:10742289:

And 3A was 3A:10742289: Imagine having a 3A that won't betray you even if you've just popped your quad and changed in the blink of an eye your chances for gold. A 3A that will be there in the second half of the FS and carry you till the end, with a difficult combo out of counter as last jumping pass... only Yuzu could:tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

I think that combo might be my absolute fave jumping pass of Origin, I love everything, starting from the transitions after 3F3T to the music slowing down and then the reprise and the counter (with that change of direction it almost creates a pause, a moment to hold the breath) and then the jump combo itself, airy thanks to the 3A and Eu (while 3F3T is all fast-paced and suit the "nervous" music of that section) and followed by the gorgeous and loooooong IB.

I know many mourn the initial layout, but I like this version all the same, maybe even more. Moreover, I think it provides a clearer emotional build-up with the pause after the flip and then building in intensity, the suspence for the WHOLE combo (instead of for a solo jump, the combo is a bigger element with so many much more points at stake) and leading directly into the gorgeous extended IB. I loved the original extended chsq with the 3A thrown in as transition of media day, and I even loved the Origin leap more than the Otonal one, but I felt there wasn't a very strong WOW!!! moment. There were many, many amazing things, but there wasn't one that really, really stood out to make audience GASP, while in this version the final combo + extended IB with arms moving to emphasize the music IMO create more tension and more drama.

Anyway, I’m rambling. My main points are: 1. Yuzu is currently the underdog vis a vis Nathan because of the ankle injury 2. Nothing about the Worlds result makes Yuzu less impressive, in fact quite the opposite. 3. I hope he doesn’t think we expect him to win all the time, because that would be an absurd expectation on our part 4. Please get better Yuzu 5. Please keep competing because you want to compete, not because you feel like you are obligated to by fans (I do think Yuzu genuinely wants to keep competing and he really is fired up by this rivalry with Nathan, given his personality...buuuut he also seems to feel a little too much of an obligation to fans sometimes. Put yourself first, please.)

:tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp::tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp::tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

4 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

And probably 4Lz + 3A seq... 'cause why not... 

4 hours ago, anski said:

I love chaotic Yuzu. Teach the ISU what the sport is about son.

4 hours ago, Veveco said:

4-4 combo? 4-3-3 combo? If we're going for chaotic energy, might as well go all the way :13877886:yeah... why not... we're all going to die of anxiety anyway...

I am so looking forward to next season. If he does new programs, I am sure they will be so action/points-packed, we will be mind-blown.

:muahaha:

4 hours ago, wildstrawberry said:

4lo3a,he already landed that 4 years ago at wtt gala

4 hours ago, anski said:

Pack all his quads in a combo. Normal Tuesday night for Yuzuru Hanyu :xD:

Well then... 4A3A power combo? :peekapooh:

4 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

The sky's the limit, the space's the final frontier! :xD:  :hihi:

Look at us all. 12 hours ago we were all wringing our hands and crying (cue New Jersey accent) "No, Yuzu baby, don't do it! You'll break your legs! Don't 4F, I'm tellin' ya!"

...and now we giving him... Ideas. :ninja:

Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance -- we just blew threw them all like an Indy car at a stoplight, didn't we?