General Yuzuru Chat

hace 4 minutos , rockstaryuzu said:

You know, the quickest way to get JSF's attention would be for fans to stop buying tickets to any events they organize. I'm pretty sure it would only take one boycott of, say, NHK Cup, and they'd change their tune on fans and Pooh's.

In my opinion, let Yuzu fans enjoy every opportunity they get to watch him perform live... It might be a once-in-a-lifetime amazing experience. There's no need to organize such a boycott... Just wait until he retires, the ticket sales will drop naturally and then they'll realize.

Just now, yuzuangel said:

They are not clueless, unfortunately.

You're right, I meant his individual tweet... Rushing to placate the hater so stupidly. It's like poor customer service, legitimate concerns go unaddressed but bad actors get immediate attention (and their nonsense is legitimized). But if that person is a Shoma fan then they're not happy about his response either-- my petty consolation!

4 minutes ago, LadySnowblood said:

So many better ways VP could have replied, especially since it was a bogus complaint from a Yuzu hater. He seems genuinely clueless but Poohs damage "impartiality"...:judgmental:

All gifts would need to be banned at all events worldwide for this to work in any fashion. And poor Shoma, being completely erased... How about showing some care for your own skaters instead of prostrating yourself for every other fed to walk all over??

The Trifecta of Awful (ISU,JSF,USFSA): is this a challenge?

Watch the nefarious pooh rain become the first thing on their plate at the next general ISU congress.it's not like anyone there is eager to address any of the glaring issues they have in their sport rn,so Poohgate might be a very welcomed distraction.  

6 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

In my opinion, let Yuzu fans enjoy every opportunity they get to watch him perform live... It might be a once-in-a-lifetime amazing experience. There's no need to organize such a boycott... Just wait until he retires, the ticket sales will drop naturally and then they'll realize.

But Japan has a big fs market so it really doesnt matter to them, unfortunately. japan just seems like a country that really loves figure skating no matter who performs and they love buying tickets. the impact might be more toward tv viewership or merchandizes but idk in the future jsf will try to raise a new shoma uno. but i do believe with every corrupted system, at one point it will reach its breaking point where it is heading toward its own demise and collapse. justice will prevail in the end but maybe just not during yuzu's time..and i will probably no longer stayed as a fan by then. 

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

But Yuzu likes seeing the Poohs.

It's our ACCOLADE! 

ACCOLADE:

an award or privilege granted as a special honour or as an acknowledgement of merit.

"the hotel has won numerous accolades"

synonyms:honour, recognition, privilege, award, gift, title; More

a touch on a person's shoulders with a sword at the bestowing of a knighthood. 

I WISH WE COULD DO No 2.

Arise Sir Yuzu!!!!  :headdesk:

This is about Kodomo Shinbun (Children's Newspaper which Asahi Newspaper publishes for school aged children) summit had conducted a survey with approx. 10,000 primary school students about their favourite sport person. Yuzu won over-all category. 

1 minute ago, getsurenka said:

Oh wow

Wow what, that’s new. I mean, his 4Lz is beautiful, so I’m happy we might get to see it again. But wow he is serious about matching Nate’s quad arsenal. *continues to pray for ankle* It’s too bad we can’t turn the collective love of fans into healing magic :13877886:When was this interview—was this right after Worlds or did he have time to reflect?

I think us fans are a bit too emotionally high strung these days, which is understandable. But I think we all need to take a few steps back and relax a bit. I myself find myself first reacting aggressively to stuff I see mentioned on twitter, only to then find the original sources and calm down.

While I agree that this JSF thing could have been handled better, especially by offering to improve organization to make sure there will never be issues for any skaters, it wasn't really as bad as a lot of people are making it seem. He didn't say Yuzu fans are evil spawns interfering with other skaters. He gave a somewhat diplomatic answer about how it's something to consider, for the sake of balance and fairness but thankfully, it was definitely not an issue this time. (If that person was actually complaining for Shoma, tough luck, I guess.) I agree that saying they have to consider leaves room for interpretation that indeed the fan behavior could be an issue, but he was fairly diplomatic, so it's not that bad. It's certainly not Raf's statement. However, it is very bad timing. Probably by accident.

Similarly, the things yesterday about the interview with Shuzo. Everyone was crying all over the place and I still don't get why. If it was any surprise to anyone that Yuzu practices his heart out and that he sometimes breaks down and cries afterwards, I'd say that someone probably doesn't know him. He is so emotionally invested in this, of course there would be times like that. For all that we call him an alien, he's still human. It's a normal human reaction and live everyone, he has good days and bad days. It's precious he chooses to be open and share these things with us. It shouldn't be a shock. Overall, though, he was so fired up in the interview. Eager to get back into it and challenge and win decisively over everyone else. It was a great thing to see. I don't see why everyone focused on the sad part, when you had a Yuzu virtually bouncing in his chair with excitement and fire.

And I think it was in the same interview, though I'm not sure if that was translated, where he said something like, going into Worlds, there was a general expectation that because he had won in Pyeongchang under similar circumstances, he would do it again. And that when this huge bubble of expectation burst, there was of course disappointment, but also freedom. He was free of that expectation. Can you even imagine the pressure of that? To be injured, on painkillers and still have everyone expect you to win. In a way, this might actually have been the best possible result for him, because in some ways, he seems reborn.

This also brings me to the subject of fan projects. I admit I'm biased because for personal reasons, I'm not a huge fan of fan projects, but I also wonder if it's really what he needs now. Fans are tremendous support, but they are also pressure. It can be good or it can be bad. It could make him more fired up or stress him. It depends mostly on where he is mentally, I guess. I don't remember hearing anything from him about apologizing to fans for his performance or anything of that sort. He seemed to understand fans support him no matter what and the disappointment was all his own. So I don't think he doubts our support now. Personally, I'd rather he gets some peace and quiet for a while, until he comes out of his cave again. But of course, everyone is free to think and do otherwise.

As for the scoring, I believe going over whether he would have won or not is pointless. The past is in the past and we can't change it. Yuzu doesn't want to squeak past an overscored Nathan by a point or two with his current technical content. He wants to up his technical content so that he will be unbeatable. No matter what Nathan or the judges or anyone else does. He wants to win decisively when EVERYONE is squeaky clean. That's what he's always wanted. He reached that level for a while, now he only has to reach it again. So whether he would have won or not is irrelevant by now. He didn't win. He'll do his best to get the tools to prevent that from happening again. Let's just look forward to this fantastic crazy ride he'll take us on and rejoice imagining the incredible programs he'll show us in the process.

However, I do think that we shouldn't completely give up on pointing out judgement errors. But that should be done as factually as possible. Detailed rescoring with arguments, based on the ISU's own rulebook (I loved those recores on twitter, but I felt for the FS some more arguments would have helped more, for example). Annotated videos. Side-by-side videos. Analysis. Anything less will only make us look like bitter fans. And with these, trying to reach the people who might actually be able to do something. Judges, federation members, even media. Max will be on board, but it takes more than that. Us fighting among ourselves will not help, and arguing with fans of other skaters will help even less, I think.