General Yuzuru Chat

26 minutes ago, Yuzupu said:

The amazing fan photographers have come through for us. I love Yuzu's soft and fluffy hair. And look at that shiny ring around his head. Why is everything about him spells "manga/anime protagonist" :10636614::10636614::10636614:

The pictures remind me so much of his CwW interview with Plushenko. FULL ON FANBOY and it's so adorable. :embSwan:

1 hour ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I don't get why they always gift a watch for these things.  how many watches does anyone need?  I wonder what Yuzuru does with all of his

Kose:  Next season at VC we will gift our beauty products namely "Sekkisei".
Guinot Institut:  No.
Mary Cohr:  No.
Shiseido:  No. Not to our girl Alina. 

5 minutes ago, Sukigirl said:

Has anyone watched TSL’s recap of men’s? What’s the gist of it? I can usually take it and leave it with their nonsense but my emotions are still too raw.

Didn't watch it but what I gathered from twitter reactions is the same old things they've been complaining about him since the beginning of his career (but magnified) - sloppy lines, bad posture, looks down a lot. They even criticised his costumes. His music for his FS in particular are all 'elevator music'.... etc...

4 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Didn't watch it but what I gathered from twitter reactions is the same old things they've been complaining about him since the beginning of his career (but magnified) - sloppy lines, bad posture, looks down a lot. They even criticised his costumes. His music for his FS in particular are all 'elevator music'.... etc...

Thanks. I’m going to stay far far away then.

5 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

This is hilarious because earlier in the season they were praising Yuzu, his programs, and his costumes, and bashing Nathan. They're so transparent, and also clearly salty about Brian unfollowing them. From what I gather, ever since that happened they've been going in on TCC skaters.

1 hour ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I don't get why they always gift a watch for these things.  how many watches does anyone need?  I wonder what Yuzuru does with all of his

I think the watches are a gift from one of the sponsor companies for the championship, I believe typically from Citizen. It's probably a sponsorship/advertisement type of agreement.

56 minutes ago, Vulnavia said:

This is hilarious because earlier in the season they were praising Yuzu, his programs, and his costumes, and bashing Nathan. They're so transparent, and also clearly salty about Brian unfollowing them. From what I gather, ever since that happened they've been going in on TCC skaters.

LOL the saltiness. I remember when that happened. So sad. I hope Brian continues to unfollow/block them.

35 minutes ago, kiches said:

I think the watches are a gift from one of the sponsor companies for the championship, I believe typically from Citizen. It's probably a sponsorship/advertisement type of agreement.

AFAIK Yuzu doesn't wear watches right? I wonder what they do with those. I remember Boyang wore a Rolex (which Yuzu was eyeing) so he ain't got no time for Citizen watches!

11 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Greetings to my fellow Planet Hanyu denizens!  I am finally making my first post - after all these years of following FS and Hanyu-kun - to celebrate my freedom from corporate serfdom (I am taking early retiremen) this week and to share the joy with my fellow fanyus!  I am so grateful for those who worked hard to set up this forum and for the lively and supportive community brought together by our favorite alien boy. Now that I have slipped the bonds of servitude, I rejoice in being able to let loose on this forum and look forward to joining you on the continuation of our journey, our pilgrimmage, of discovery. 

I will introduce myself on the other thread, but let me just briefly note that the first live FS event I attended was the World Championship 1977 in Tokyo - Yoyogi National Stadeum - where Minoru Sano won the first bronze medal for single men's skating (I am dating myself...).  I recall being mesmerized by Rodnina and Zaitsev, and Vladimir Kovolev who skated like a ballet dancer (I mean, for real).  Since then, I got busy with school and work, and only picked up FS when Mao and Daisuke emerged, and with Yuzu I have fallen deeply like the rest of you.  Following Yuzu is an emotional roller coaster, but what is life without feeling the depths and intensity of emotions?  I am sure he will continue to explore the limits of athletic abilities and artistic expression, with equal measure of intelligence and passion, and I would not want to miss a single minute of that ride.  I look forward sharing that experience with all of you on this fabulous forum!  

BTW, I am a dressage rider, so I like making analogies between FS and dressage events (especially the freestyle dressage with music).  With that in mind, I would like to present the golden horse of the Iranian steppes, Akhal Teke - as the appropriate gift to propitiate the gods of ice and wish all the best of health and happiness to our golden boy!  

Welcome:img_21: And it’s nice to have a fellow dressage rider, yay! My son is also competing in eventing. And here I thought I ranted enough about dressage protocols, it was childplay compared to FS :10814716:

1 hour ago, Sukigirl said:

Thanks. I’m going to stay far far away then.

I’m masochistic and watched it partially yesterday to kill some time. The guest is Joe Inman. From all that he said. It seems that he doesn’t even know what the bullet points are and will give points subjectively depending on whether he likes what he sees or not. He doesn’t even seem to both care whether transition is there or not let alone bother if it is diffilcult. In summary, he doesn’t like Yuzu. 

Aside from prasing Yuzu’s 4T+3A+seq and a bit of his 4Lo there’s nothing else to look forward to. Yeah, don’t even bother watching it. 

6 hours ago, ICeleste said:

Can you guys look at mirakyun's rescoring and honestly say you disagree with it? Could you please stop dismissing my opinion as "biased" for saying that Yuzuru deserved gold...

I am totally with you here!!! I hate that narrative saying Yuzu wouldn’t have won even with two clean skates, it’s even more upsetting when fanyus are believing that nonsense. When I saw that 4F ur live and the massive GOEs it got anyway I knew we were about to watch a robbery