General Yuzuru Chat

12 minutes ago, shanshani said:

The fact that he pulled off what he did in spite of the injury is amazing :sadPooh: I wish I had half his grit and determination. (NOT THAT PEOPLE SHOULD BE EMULATING HIM. IT'S OKAY TO LET YOUR INJURIES HEAL, PEOPLE. *cough* Shoma *cough*)

Yeah. Of all of Yuzu's qualities to copy, Shoma just had to pick that one. :2:

54 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Anyway. The only man out there who can even come close to Yuzu's score in TR right now is Kevin Aymoz, and that's including Jason whose FS was emptier than usual and he has longer setups. Anybody who disagrees with me on that can jolly well fight me. It's controversial, apparently, to say self-evident truths about quality of skating, but even complete numpties can count transitions. 

What's lower than a complete numpty? because it seems like there are a lot of people out there who are incapable of counting transitions... because sexy ballet arms while gliding on two feet is considered a transition now.

You're a lot nicer than me when it comes to Jason's program as well.  [Admin edit: not constructive criticism]

4 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

What's lower than a complete numpty? because it seems like there are a lot of people out there who are incapable of counting transitions... because sexy ballet arms while gliding on two feet is considered a transition now.

You're a lot nicer than me when it comes to Jason's program as well.  Thought that program was complete garbage 

I thought that programme was complete garbage the first time I saw it and then it did improve when Jason got confident enough to put some Jason touches on, so it had to become better than complete garbage then. :D Also I love me a man who can do spirals, my brain automatically lights up and the TR score ticks up when I see anybody holding a nice one. So looking at how innovative Kevin has been with spiral-like stuff, is it any wonder I'm absolutely hopping mad about his TR score?! That young man is out there doing Besti-IB-SE entries into jumps and shit and who even does that except Yuzu?! And the judges... they... :gaah: 

17 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

It's so obvious though. Take Jason for example. His failed 4S and his other jump errors dropped him from 3rd in the SP to 14th in the FS. That would never have happened under past scoring systems. 

It's only a big deal if the judges want to crucify someone though...little mistakes seem to mean/do nothing to certain skaters. 

4 minutes ago, LourdesMoon said:

THANK YOU I THOUGHT I WAS ALONE IN THIS THOUGHT!

Not that Yuzu ever missed a choctaw btw. He never did. He hopped his inside edge loop a teeny bit for some of those, and he hopped something else a tiny bit during the Olys. And he got lvl3 for it. I mean fine, letter of the rule, follow it, but goddamn follow it for everybody! 

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

Not that Yuzu ever missed a choctaw btw. He never did. He hopped his inside edge loop a teeny bit for some of those, and he hopped something else a tiny bit during the Olys. And he got lvl3 for it. I mean fine, letter of the rule, follow it, but goddamn follow it for everybody! 

He has a separate scoring system. Yuzuru Hanyu scoring system which nitpicks everything and is arguably fair on occasion until you remember it's only applied to him. 

Just now, LourdesMoon said:

He has a separate scoring system. Yuzuru Hanyu scoring system which nitpicks everything and is arguably fair on occasion until you remember it's only applied to him. 

Yeah, I am absolutely in favour of being strict with scoring, especially for the top flight. I'm on board with being a little more lenient with the lower flights (but uniformly) because they bomb a LOT and they too work very hard and being very strict could bring their scores down to 'just stab me right in the heart why don't you' levels and that just feels mean to me. Sometimes giving the skater the benefit of the doubt on an UR or while doing levels just feels like the humane thing to do lol

But for the top flight, the standards should be strict and extremely high. And uniform, damn it. Now it's like the lower flights and Yuzuru (and Boyang lol) are marked extremely strictly, and a good percentage of the rest get all the benefit of all the doubt. 

27 minutes ago, LourdesMoon said:

It's only a big deal if the judges want to crucify someone though...little mistakes seem to mean/do nothing to certain skaters. 

No. The major errors, like falling or popping a jump, screwing up a spin, or missing an element completely, are spanking everyone equally. It's the things like edge calls and URs, and all the intricacies of PCS scoring, where the unevenness creeps in. 

One of the ISU's stated goals of this scoring system  was to take away the 'why did that guy who fell on a quad win  over a guy who landed a triple' factor, and frankly I think it's the only goal they've achieved at all. But it's not improving matters, because all the guys who are likely to fall on quads are also all the guys who usually have program quality high enough they they should be in the top five or top ten otherwise. So then mediocre performances that have no falls, have to be somehow justified in winning other wise, and personally I think that this might be a factor in lesser programs getting higher PCS than they should. 

I guess what I'm saying is that I think the way the new system is set up, TES and PCS have unintentionally become opposed to each other in ways they shouldn't be. 

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

No. The major errors, like falling or popping a jump, screwing up a spin, or missing an element completely, are spanking everyone equally. It's the things like edge calls and URs, and all the intricacies of PCS scoring, where the unevenness creeps in. 

I agree.

2 minutes ago, Yuzupu said:

The amazing fan photographers have come through for us. I love Yuzu's soft and fluffy hair. And look at that shiny ring around his head. Why is everything about him spells "manga/anime protagonist" :10636614::10636614::10636614:

I don't get why they always gift a watch for these things.  how many watches does anyone need?  I wonder what Yuzuru does with all of his

5 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I don't get why they always gift a watch for these things.  how many watches does anyone need?  I wonder what Yuzuru does with all of his

Yuzu probably gives it away to the people who helped him.

He has a accumulated of 8 watches over the years?

And I barely see him wearing one by the way lol. :idk: