General Yuzuru Chat

We should give him his own version of the Plushy-style "platinum medal" :giggle:

Seriously though, I feel like he's not the type to be into the idea of 'compensation medals', so my opinion is that the best thing would be something that could just symbolically represent the love and respect and gratitude of the fans. 

Silver is a big no the boy is close to allergic to silver :laughing: He just said it’s like “you struck a knife in my heart and twist it”. Ouch.

And I agree with @raebia it shouldn’t involve Olympics 2022 or any other commitments there. It should be our special gift dedicated only to him alone. 

2 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

Thats fine if we dont have the olympic ref. Maybe a medal and a plaque?

Then some messages along the lines of:

"Every medal is beautiful and meaningful to us.

Every medal displays your strength to be above the sport.

Every medal is a step toward your next happiness."

Wouldn't it imply, that if he is to display strength and be meaningful to us,  there has to be a medal? (I am sorry, but with his interviews lately, I am being very very careful...)

3 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

...this makes me wonder if Raf really liked Yuzu's skating, and why...

Raf does like his skating. 2015 GPF when he scored 330 he was on the icenetwork podcast singing his praises and felt honored to be there in person for it. Why wouldn't he like Hanyu's skating? What's not to like if you're a Raf, especially with his tireless work ethic and technical brilliance when at its best? 

As for his other comments, he did say something similar about Ashley Wagner and her transition scores. Pretty much that she gets points for them anyway, so why even bother adding them. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Also, I am noticing a lot of Nathan (and Raf) discussion here.  Unless it directly ties in to Yuzu, please move that discussion to the Team USA thread:

I'm 100% for a cheering project, but a medal could maybe backfire given recent events. It could be interpreted as either "we love you for your wins" or be a reminder of what he did not get at worlds, which is obviously not what we'd want to convey. I don't know how to express it better, but I feel it's a bit of a delicate topic right now.

I don't know what kind of translations are floating around the internet, but I think I watched all the post-Worlds interviews, and really, there was nothing scary in them. He said he's all motivated and excited about having a strong rival he wants to beat and new things to try out. 

We should be more worried for Brian's hair than for Yuzu. :knc_brian3:

As for a project, he already told us what he needs: just to support and believe in him.

11 minutes ago, Vulnavia said:

We should give him his own version of the Plushy-style "platinum medal" :giggle:

Seriously though, I feel like he's not the type to be into the idea of 'compensation medals', so my opinion is that the best thing would be something that could just symbolically represent the love and respect and gratitude of the fans. 

9 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

Silver is a big no the boy is close to allergic to silver :laughing: He just said it’s like “you struck a knife in my heart and twist it”. Ouch.

And I agree with @raebia it shouldn’t involve Olympics 2022 or any other commitments there. It should be our special gift dedicated only to him alone. 

9 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

Wouldn't it imply, that if he is to display strength and be meaningful to us,  there has to be a medal? (I am sorry, but with his interviews lately, I am being very very careful...)

all of this is so hard...yuzu please what do you needdd :cri:

Just now, Veveco said:

I'm 100% for a cheering project, but a medal could maybe backfire given recent events. It could be interpreted as either "we love you for your wins" or be a reminder of what he did not get at worlds, which is obviously not what we'd want to convey. I don't know how to express it better, but I feel it's a bit of a delicate topic right now.

Maybe a colden bee, cat or Pooh?

9 minutes ago, Vulnavia said:

It’s not a compensation medal, it’s a medal all on it’s own that shows how he is the champion of our hearts. It’s true we should select something to represent our love and support, but atm I can only think of a specialized gold medal as the most suited symbol. Would love to hear other ideas :)))

Reading the comments about gold vs silver and medal or no medal, what randomly came to my mind was Japanese pearls. They do come in gold...and Yuzu loves bracelets...and the symbolism...

Pearls symbolize wisdom acquired through experience. They are believed to attract wealth and luck as well as offer protection. Known for their calming effect, pearls can balance one's karma, strengthen relationships, and keep children safe. The pearl is also said to symbolize the purity, generosity, integrity, and loyalty of its wearer.

Yuzu not doing WTT is great news, I'm glad he wasn't forced to do it. Or didn't force himself, I'm sure he absolutely would a few years ago.

Even though we mostly knew it, it's sad to hear him talking about his fragile body and injuries. I know a lot of fans fear for him and wonder if it's worth it. But whatever anyone of us think, it definitely is for him. It's ultimately his story, and taking such risks while fighting against the odds (it being his own body or biased judging) is one of the things that make great champions, and what makes him the athlete and the person he is. Some people will just do anything for love or passion. I believe he needs it to be happy. And it doesn't matter what we think about it, really. He knows a lot of people is affected by anything that happens to him (there really weren't a lot of athletes in history with such a big impact on people, and figure skating being not a very popular sport, that says something...), and that's the added pressure of dissapointing others, either with his results or decisions that could seem wrong for a lot of people, and he shouldn't have it. But it is what it is. But because I understand how important it is to him, I say, go Yuzu, do everything you want and what you think is necessary, I will be there for the ride, greatful for anything really.

(I hope what I wrote here won't be misunderstood as me not caring about what might happen with the risks, that's not that. But I'm definitely not one of people who would tell him to not try to do something hard, if he wants to, because it may break him. Ultimately, the biggest regrets come from things we didn't do.)

Personally, I think he is aware of everything that goes on - I don't think he actually doubts he is a much better skater than Nathan - he knows too much about figure skating, for one. But he also knows (more than ever now), than the judges don't really care about that difference and this is why he wants to "catch up" - btw he actually said he will become a skater that anyone else won't be able catch up to. He shouldn't actually have to do this if the judging was more fair, but he knows how it is and winning over it should be his next victory. And next to winning, Yuzuru loves a challenge. I think he's actually excited about this, even if dissaponted with his result at Saitama. I believe he will achieve his next goal. The only doubt will always be his health. But to some extent that applies to everyone.

That were my additional thoughts, don't mind me.

2 minutes ago, raebia said:

Yes, probabaly..I am sitting here brainstorming 😅😅

...but I:headdesk:am not technically able to open a thread..

Okay, I can open a thread, but I am not technically able to organize the project. :9: