General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Must be some potent stuff :shrug:

Or maybe he binged on some potent edibles (why the heck should I care about this...)

:knc_brian3:

I was trying and apparently failing at the barbie crack meme lol

But Raf has no filters with the press, can you imagine Brian doing this?!

Just now, WinForPooh said:

I was trying and apparently failing at the barbie crack meme lol

But Raf has no filters with the press, can you imagine Brian doing this?!

I mean, wasn't Brian at the beginning of his prominence as a coach (with Yuna Kim) occasionally slipped up? I don't know all the details ofc, I haven't followed FS from that far back, but I guess even Brian's slip up was not this level of low...

...this makes me wonder if Raf really liked Yuzu's skating, and why...

btw, valiant effort for the meme attempt :lol:

22 minutes ago, Bilge said:

Maybe he loves Yuzu’s skating too but skip artistry of his skater to win since judges will give hish marks anyway, why waste energy and increase the risk right?

Its old but this is new

Wait, what? Am I somehow reading this wrong, or is Rafael actually saying that Nathan’s free skate is boring? I mean, I know I think that, but this is his coach we’re talking about. Is he actually basically admitting that they’re choreographing boring programs for Nathan so that he can focus on his jumps, because judges don’t know/care about the rules enough and will still give him high pcs and goe if he’s clean?

Because that’s what it sounds like, but who would confess to something like that, especially when US media is portraying Nathan as an artistic prodigy? I feel as if I’m missing something here. 

23 minutes ago, Bilge said:

Maybe he loves Yuzu’s skating too but skip artistry of his skater to win since judges will give hish marks anyway, why waste energy and increase the risk right?

Its old but this is new

R. Arutyunyan always gave me the vibe of a very rude man ... lol, but this is ugh ... poor his students.

Ouch, I think all this chat is kinda OT ... 

To all those who have wished me a happy birthday I thank you very much.  Despite my physical weakness my mental faculties remain as sharp as ever and I can honestly say that is the one part of me that I most fear of failing.  I want to thank the forum as a whole also for providing me a place where I can exercise both my writing talents and my intellectual skills.  I try to  make my posts here as articulate and thoughtful as possible and the forum gives me an opportunity to come to know, as far as it is possible in a venue like this, a group of people who give me a means to reach out and communicate with others about topics that I share with them.  That is far different from working in isolation on the novel I've been doing or listening to classical music (A nearly lifelong passion.  I ended up with a PhD in English but I started as a music major).  The internet is my link to the world outside my room and the Planet has given me my most valuable link to a body of living, breathing people.

53 minutes ago, Bilge said:

Its old but this is new

That's it! 

"go clean with all quads and wink at judges at the same time?" YES, Raf, THAT is what we want! It's called figure skating, you know? :banginghead:

51 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Oh, Yuzu ... :sadPooh:

his interviews are making me depressed sighs i guess its good he isnt competing until next season but boy this period will be tough for us and tough for him. i secretly hope he will stay out of ice shows. i dont want him to risk anymore injuries just for the sake of it and i dont want him to fake happiness at ice shows. it was so hard to stomach his expressions and how he couldnt channel it fully infront of everyone..as much as we know he's been transparent about his feelings, i know he needs time alone to really grieve over this and think clearly about his direction.

50 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Oh, Yuzu ... :sadPooh:

I keep reading and re—reading what he said about the brittle parts of his body and how he hopes to deal with them and still evolve...it is as if he gets a new grasp on his history with injuries...it is difficult for me to find the right words...at the moment it makes me apprehensive and hopeful at the same time..

Difficult times.

I can only wish him well.

And I trust him all the time, but I was very moved when he asked for the trust of us, the fans, in Saitama.

I wish him well so, so much.

hace 33 minutos , caterpillar said:

Because that’s what it sounds like, but who would confess to something like that, especially when US media is portraying Nathan as an artistic prodigy? I feel as if I’m missing something here. 

It's because Rafael knows that his words won't make any difference, he's just making fun of this circus lol. The media will keep pushing the narrative that Nathan won because he's the "quad king" even though his FS BV was only 4 points higher than Yuzu. And brainwashed viewers will keep believing it, along with the idea that he improved enough to get +90 PCs... I mean, even some Yuzu fans are saying that Chen deserved to win... If even fanyus can't see this farce then what makes you think that patriotic, biased Nathan fans will suddenly change their mind after Raf's interview...

BTW: 

Happy birthday @micaelis from me as well

this Morning as i got ready for work I watched a few figureskating videos and after a little while YouTube played the TSL video, It was only on for about 10 min and I wanted to throw up because of it , if I would not have been underneath the shower I would have stopped it sooner ! 

I will never again set YouTube on autoplay!

1 minute ago, micaelis said:

To all those who have wished me a happy birthday I thank you very much.  Despite my physical weakness my mental faculties remain as sharp as ever and I can honestly say that is the one part of me that I most fear of failing.  I want to thank the forum as a whole also for providing me a place where I can exercise both my writing talents and my intellectual skills.  I try to  make my posts here as articulate and thoughtful as possible and the forum gives me an opportunity to come to know, as far as it is possible in a venue like this, a group of people who give me a means to reach out and communicate with others about topics that I share with them.  That is far different from working on the novel I've been doing or listening to classical music (A nearly lifelong passion.  I ended up with a PhD in English but I started as a music major).  The internet is my link to the world outside my room and the Planet has given me my most valuable link to a body of living, breathing people.

Hello, we don't know each other but I love to read your insights on Yuzuru. I just want to offer my sympathy for your physical condition and my understanding, as I'm dealing with some serious health issues myself. For me Yuzuru is the embodiment of hope and perseverance. I'm glad I can watch him fight and live on the ice. His successes and his struggles granted me the bravery to face my own problems. I'm very happy that a person like him exists, along with a beautiful community that loves and supports him. :10742289:

18 minutes ago, micaelis said:

To all those who have wished me a happy birthday I thank you very much.  Despite my physical weakness my mental faculties remain as sharp as ever and I can honestly say that is the one part of me that I most fear of failing.  I want to thank the forum as a whole also for providing me a place where I can exercise both my writing talents and my intellectual skills.  I try to  make my posts here as articulate and thoughtful as possible and the forum gives me an opportunity to come to know, as far as it is possible in a venue like this, a group of people who give me a means to reach out and communicate with others about topics that I share with them.  That is far different from working in isolation on the novel I've been doing or listening to classical music (A nearly lifelong passion.  I ended up with a PhD in English but I started as a music major).  The internet is my link to the world outside my room and the Planet has given me my most valuable link to a body of living, breathing people.

Happy birthday! A new season is coming and with it, more opportunities to keep on talking about this amazing boy.

It makes me feel very good to see how this place has connected so many people across countries, cultures and generations, all of us united because of Yuzu. 

We are truly blessed to live in the same era as him.

Reading Yuzu's quotes right now, I can't help but feel a deep ache right in the middle of my heart and guts. I've had a very bad day today with a deep feeling of injustice simmering in me, and now I feel that once again, the universe is being really unkind and unfair towards this boy... It's like he's letting us peak at how much suffering and doubts he's been through, and it feels unimaginable. And yet I know he will come out stronger, because he always does and he keeps amazing me by doing so. At the same time, I'm really selfish and don't want him to break his body anymore: I feel that he's given so much already, he's earned the right to rest at last. But he wouldn't be complete and wouldn't have the drive to go forward which makes him who he is if he stopped now. I'm very conflicted right now, and simply hope that somehow he will be protected from further harm. I think his team has a very heavy responsibility and a very hard work ahead of them. I know I will see that 4A: but what will be the price of that? (Sorry for the depressing tone of this post, I don't have much time to actually write on this forum, and needed to vent bit).