General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, Yuazz said:

Now that we know the World Championships was over and we have the medallists, I'm curious what will happen with GP assignment for next season .. I think yuzu will get NHK trophy next season..? Is there a schedule for next season's GP ? 

Current info is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_ISU_Grand_Prix_of_Figure_Skating

I know Yuzu had mentioned this season that he thought it helped him that his first grand prix event was slightly later than normal, so I wonder if that will factor into his preferences for next season. 

And speaking of parents and Yuzu, I finally got my mom to take a break and watch HYK! The notification noise from the forum kept going off, so I paused the video to close the window, and she was like,  "Nooo, how dare you interrupt him!?" :68468287: She said she understands now why it was so important to me to be up at 4 in the morning watching live, too.

And now I'm wondering just how long my dad watched figure skating. I wonder if he was a lifelong fan like I am. (He's probably up in Heaven glad that an American won but begrudgingly admitting that Yuzu was robbed of, if not the gold medal, at least of some more points. He had this peculiar way of rooting for the Americans right up until the very end but then changing his mind at the last minute if someone else really did skate better. Now that I think about it, the last time we ever talked about figure skating, he begrudgingly admitted that Yuzu deserved his Sochi gold. :68468287:)

12 minutes ago, Vulnavia said:

Current info is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_ISU_Grand_Prix_of_Figure_Skating

I know Yuzu had mentioned this season that he thought it helped him that his first grand prix event was slightly later than normal, so I wonder if that will factor into his preferences for next season. 

OoOoOOoOoOOOH THIS SCHEDULE

i'm guessing SC and NHK or SC and CoR o_O 

bc i he own't do CoR and NHK but I think he really wants to go to CoR again. And Shoma's national champ. But Yuzu is seeded. Maybe they both go. 

Hey guys, I added a new section: 

https://planethanyu.com/video/

I've been testing how to save/display videos for a while and I think this is the easiest thing I've tested so far. So maybe I'll keep doing it. Let me know what you think! And if anyone would be free to help me cut videos, I would be super grateful. Because right now i don't have time to cut anyone's except Yuzu's. Thank you all 🙏

1 minute ago, kaeryth said:

Possible OT but pertains to possibility of Yuzu competing at WTT.

Just realised.... I know Japan qualifies but do they even have a pairs team with TES minimum?

Suzaki / Kihara were out f 4CC and Worlds  due to Ryuichi's concussion. Is he well enough for WTT?

Would that disqualify Team Japan?

There's a video where Gabby is heard saying that Yuzu is participating in WTT.

6 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

OoOoOOoOoOOOH THIS SCHEDULE

i'm guessing SC and NHK or SC and CoR o_O 

bc i he own't do CoR and NHK but I think he really wants to go to CoR again. And Shoma's national champ. But Yuzu is seeded. Maybe they both go. 

Yeah... unless Shoma goes to SkAm (would USFS gamble with that? Shoma hasn't won against Nathan yet) then the likelihood of Shoma having the same GP with Yuzu is high.

2 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Yeah... unless Shoma goes to SkAm (would USFS gamble with that? Shoma hasn't won against Nathan yet) then the likelihood of Shoma having the same GP with Yuzu is high.

Honestly, that would be stupid of JSF if they want the highest chance of both men going to GPF. They probably would place Shoma in the same events as Vincent.

6 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

There's a video where Gabby is heard saying that Yuzu is participating in WTT.

What. No. Please. Who even cares about WTT as a competition except for the happiness and fluffy things? How will we have happiness and fluffy things after he admitted he's still on painkillers?!

5 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Yeah... unless Shoma goes to SkAm (would USFS gamble with that? Shoma hasn't won against Nathan yet)

They might not, but on the other hand I wouldn't put it past USFS at all to have Shoma there in hopes of packing the place with Japanese fans, knowing full well that as long as Nathan skates decently they can just inflate his scores enough to make sure that Shoma has no chance of beating him.

34 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Lol, it's a cornerstone of American life. Not surprising at all.

What, the idealization of a very limited interpretation of what it means to be feminine? Yes, I've noticed 😑, and it baffles me. 

Then again, it baffles me wherever I find it. It's just not logical to accord one gender primacy over another when we're all in the same boat together from a survival of the species standpoint. 

Okay, who left this soapbox lying around? I can't seem to step off it. 

24 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Hey guys, I added a new section: 

https://planethanyu.com/video/

I've been testing how to save/display videos for a while and I think this is the easiest thing I've tested so far. So maybe I'll keep doing it. Let me know what you think! And if anyone would be free to help me cut videos, I would be super grateful. Because right now i don't have time to cut anyone's except Yuzu's. Thank you all 🙏

Oh thank you! I probably need another Haru yo, Koi today to get through the Monday blues. Still dead from the EX. So dead. I woke up having that music in my head. What is going on in my dreams?!