General Yuzuru Chat

1. He did simulations just from the time his name was called for 30 seconds before the performance.

2. He was surprised when he could land 4Lo.

3. Forget about 4S.

4. He tried to look cool at the time he landed  4T+ 3A.

What else?

5. When he is sure he won, he points in the air, but he did not this time.

6. He respects Ichiro very much :68556365:

I added No. 5.

Those who are in Japan now, enjoy Sakura starting to bloom :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23gqL41YZdg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pwdk3lYCBI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB3GTHt6jic

14 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

1. He did simulations just from the time his name was called for 30 seconds before the performance.

2. He was surprised when he could land 4Lo.

3. Forget about 4S.

4. He tried to look cool at the time he landed  4T+ 3A.

What else?

5. He respects Ichiro very much :68556365:

Those who are in Japan now, enjoy Sakura starting to bloom :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23gqL41YZdg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pwdk3lYCBI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB3GTHt6jic

I'd add:

1. the result of the simulation was that his preparation took 29.something seconds. So close! :1:

And at the end, he put his fist up, but not his finger, in the #1 pose because he knew winning would be really difficult and unlikely.

Oh and in the beginning he said something like with this competition, a new Spring had come for him, too. I guess, like a new beginning. While still very kuyashii, saying there's a lot he wants to do over, he seemed more positive today. Like he was already moving on or so...(or maybe he's really good at acting)

4 hours ago, raebia said:

If it is true that he had to delete it and not chose to delete it,  it is totally shocking to me. 

And it makes it clear that the people who made him delete it, know that it is the truth. 

Otherwise they would not have bothered. 

Urgh. 

Well Maxim Kovtun didn't delete his God post, and that hard truth still stands. :D

My point of view on this season:

Spoiler

I think, Yuzu really needed to loose in Saitama.

And I didn't think for a second that this silver was a loss. For me, he won. Injured and with invalid components...wow!

What I mean is, he needed to feel he did not win. He needed his kuyashi. And as he said, it felt good to loose this time. I think it is another stepping stone in his career. In the beginning of this season, he thought he would just enjoy skating, free and for fun. What he has been through this year made him realize, he still needs to compete fully and he needs to be winning. I am glad he paid respect to his idols and had programs he loved, but now he can move forward to another phase.

I hope he will continue according to his wishes and that he will be able to skate the layout of his dreams. I wish he could blow are minds once again next season and be happy. I am looking forward to another season with him (possibly drooling over one or two new programs...).

And yes, I know he is injured. Of course I want him to be healthy first.

So, thank you Yuzu for this season! Ganbatte! :7938863:

[Admin edit: moved from translations thread, in response to this]

The judging was a hot mess and I am glad Max called out the blind judge who demonstrated such poor judgement!

there needs to be review/audit of the judging when there are such discrepancies

2 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

My point of view on this season:

Hide contents

I think, Yuzu really needed to loose in Saitama.

And I didn't think for a second that this silver was a loss. For me, he won. Injured and with invalid components...wow!

What I mean is, he needed to feel he did not win. He needed his kuyashi. And as he said, it felt good to loose this time. I think it is another stepping stone in his career. In the beginning of this season, he thought he would just enjoy skating, free and for fun. What he has been through this year made him realize, he still needs to compete fully and he needs to be winning. I am glad he paid respect to his idols and had programs he loved, but now he can move forward to another phase.

I hope he will continue according to his wishes and that he will be able to skate the layout of his dreams. I wish he could blow are minds once again next season and be happy. I am looking forward to another season with him (possibly drooling over one or two new programs...).

And yes, I know he is injured. Of course I want him to be healthy first.

So, thank you Yuzu for this season! Ganbatte! :7938863:

I fundamentally agree with you but I would also add another element that must be taken into account as far as how Yuzu proceeds in the future - the injury.  For the second season in a row he has been forced to sit out much of the season because of an injury.  We know Yuzu is intelligent, very intelligent in fact, and the fact that virtually identical injuries have dealt him two radically shortened seasons means he's undoubtedly looking at whatever significance they might hold for him.  As 4Nessie said, he has to get back into fighting mode.  And I think he has to have programs that reflect that.  Except for LGC his competitive programs in recent seasons have had a meditative quality to them.  He has to get back to dramatic, over-the-top programs like POTO and RJ1.  He has to get back to that fire he had when he was working his way from the ranks of 'promising young skaters' to his breakout season, 2013-14.  True, he had real focus after that season when he was on a mission to capture a second Olympic gold, but that pursuit was one conducted from his position as the number-one-ranked men's skater.  Psychologically I think he needs to get back to the mental set where he was working to do the stuff that enabled him to be ranked number one and to keep that ranking. 

The important element that has to be taken into account as he once again works to earn that number one ranking is the fact that he now knows he is physically fragile.  He's in his mid-twenties now, not his mid-teens and things begin happening physically once one reaches that age in which one can be seen to have a fully mature body.  He's past that point now.  It's downhill from now on out so he has to keep that in mind.  True, the physical fitness he has is hardly that of a man looking at his declining years.  Old age comes on very slowly at first, accelerating after one's first half-century.  He has many years left for him but these injuries tell him that he is not invulnerable and that what he could do easily and with little thought of the consequences a decade ago is not now possible.  I think that message has gotten through to him, witness receiving his gold medal while on crutches in Moscow this season.  It was symbolic of the fact that he now knows not only that certain things CAN happen, but that certain things now DO happen. 

I have been writing the above looking back at my own life.  I turn 72 today and my health is such I can't be confident I'll reach 73.  Until some four years ago I went everywhere on my bike (I've never had a driver's license), cheerfully going ten miles or so without any real worry.  Then my health took a sudden downturn and since that time I've been unable to use my bike.  In fact nowadays I spend most of my time in a wheelchair.  I've become very much aware of how things can go wrong with a body I'd spent decades never particularly worrying about.  Things can go wrong rapidly and I think that is something that is perhaps finally dawning on Yuzu.  Two years in a row his right ankle has sabotaged his season.  He has to be trying to figure out how to minimize the chances of a repeat or ways to minimize something else happening.  How he goes about it I can't say but I'm sure that even more than a 4A trying to get a handle on how to skate to his max without injuring himself has to be Yuzu's top priority right now.  He overcame the primarily mental effects of the earthquake.  I'm sure he'll do the same here, but the solution, when it comes, might be as surprising to him as to everybody else once he implements it.