General Yuzuru Chat

He won silver with a gold-worthy performance, he couldn't do much more. It wasn't like in Boston or Shanghai. That's why this is the most beautiful silver in my eyes, the rest of the world saw it. It's kind of like Yuna Kim's silver in Sochi. It underlines his status as the GOAT even more. Just amazing!

Hope he won't retire and that kuyashii will continue to burn and he tries it again next year  :multibow:

Painkillers - check

Muscle loss - check

Injury is worse than Olympics - check

:13877886::13877886::13877886:

Oh Yuzu-kun, you're so frustrating :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

4A... and 4F and 4Lz? ARE YOU NUTS? :tumblr_inline_mqt4gqDerH1qz4rgp:

Why... don't you take a season off or something to rest that damn ankle of yours?!?!?!

Why did I become your fan?! You're going to be the death of us, young man!

I mean no disrespect to Nathan. He did skate superbly today but i have a feeling in my gut, that judges are overscoring Nathan to help create a big rivalry between Nathan and Yuzuru for the next 4 years.  It has always been said that Yuzuru is unbeatable when he skates clean, but like Yuzu said today, if he had skated clean on both programs, he wouldn't have beat Nathan this year. But yet if you watch both programs for both skaters, Yuzu's are on another level to Nathan.  I hope the judges going forward do their job and judge the skating, instead of creating drama for the ISU to cash in on!! 

On the whole I'm very happy for Yuzu today (despite him not winning and being confirmed he's still on painkillers), but still, this is the happiest world silver medal I've known. His inner fighting spirit never ceases to amaze me, and I still feel that everything coming after Pyeonchang is a bonus. Actually, I am overjoyed he's being a two-time Olympic and World champion who is still posing a major threat to all these new kids who have two healthy ankles. I wish him to be healed enough to get rid of the painkillers and then fulfill his dream of doing a 4A on the big stage. Actually, him winning an ultimate world championship with this kind of jump would be the best possible outcome to end his career. I don't want to see him go as far as Beijing because I don't want him to get injured yet again. But whatever will be his choices, I'll support him 100%. Now go rest Yuzu, you so deserve it! And thank u again :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, faeline said:

Painkillers - check

Muscle loss - check

I'm pretty sure what he meant by muscle loss is just that he lost muscle mass when he was resting and had to build it back up again. That happens to any athlete who stops/reduces training.

3 hours ago, micaelis said:

Just wondering if the judges were harder on Yuzu because they didn't want to be seen favoring the 'home-town hero'.

No it wasn't, judging by the fact US men's barely had any calls,  the better description would be uncle sam had a knife to the TP and judges throat. 

Almost all JPN skaters who have a rep to UR got called- Shoma and Satton for example. Meanwhile US skaters received fewer calls than normal. USfed was super determined, first in the 4CC SP and now at WC. This is just disgusting-yes skating is kind of dying in the US and maybe USFSA wants revival, but honestly, this is not how you do it. Plus all the Eunsoo stuff. What the heck has USFSA become?

I'm going to put my bitterness about the judging shenanigans aside for now because I want to focus on the fact that I'm just SO proud of Yuzu. I'm a dozen years older than him and I've never sent a fan letter to anyone in my life (even as a boy band loving teenager), but I'm seriously considering sending him one at TCC because I really want him to know how inspirational and special he is. I'm also going to make it a fully Yuzu inspired day by working on my Japanese study and ordering Japanese food. I don't want all of the other stuff to stop me from celebrating Yuzuru 'two time OGM and six time world medalist' Hanyu today :8232307:

Yuzu-----------------------------!

I confess I could not watch live today although I was at home.  I had no courage. 

But you are much more man that I thought. I have been his fan since Sochi, and watched him, his statements, his attitudes... But still I underestimated him.

I cannot fully say how his performance has given me a lot.  I still cannot believe.

He is a gift from heaven.

He won the heart of all.

Yuzu, I shall keep supporting!  You are the best.

5 hours ago, faeline said:

Painkillers - check

Muscle loss - check

Oh Yuzu-kun, you're so frustrating :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

4A... and 4F and 4Lz? ARE YOU NUTS? :tumblr_inline_mqt4gqDerH1qz4rgp:

Why... don't you take a season off or something to rest that damn ankle of yours?!?!?!

Why did I become your fan?! You're going to be the death of us, young man!

11 minutes ago, anyanee said:

Guys , do you have a context about what yuzu said at the press conference about the olympic? Somethings is getting out of hand in twitter...

he said that you only become the true champion when you win the Olympics (which was very smug and awesome, but I think he actually was just honest, not shading anyone lolol) and he can't wait to see who will become the champion in Beijing. He has no plan for it right now, yes or no, and frankly I'd really want to stop them asking him this question.