General Yuzuru Chat

Cute anecdote from PJ!

I have been watching Hanyu for a long time and have had the chance to chat with him on many occasions. There is a contrasting sweetness and innocence backstage in conversation to the "killer" who comes out to skate.

From a distance in a hallway Wednesday afternoon, I saw a large group of people walking towards me. A few people back from the front, a lanky figure started waving at me and calling my name, "Pj! Pj! Hi, Pj!" As I got closer, I realized it was Hanyu. He dropped his head onto my shoulder for a hug and said, "It's nice to see you," as the group stopped and waited for our exchange to finish. It was nice to see him too.

I've been distracting myself all day but i still can't help but remember that popped salchow and Yuzu's sad face, and this time when i thought about that, i said to my sister,

"everytime i think about how Yuzu must be feeling last night and that big possibility that he wouldn't get gold, i feel these twinges in my heart".

sister: "that's how it feels when one breaks up" 

me: "i didn't feel that in any break up i had"

sister: "you must have not loved them then" 

me: "...good point" :hihi:

Hi, I haven't had the time to follow everything closely at all, and haven't even watched Yuzu's SP programme yet, as I want to watch everything once the competition is over, but I would say this: the mistake in the SP brings me back to Worlds 2014 and 2017, with pretty much the same scenario. Sure Yuzu has a lot of ground to make up and Nathan seems very solid, but I know how these kinds of situations where Yuzu has his back against the wall can fuel him. So stop being sad, and simply believe in his capability to make miracles happen. Sure he's in been injured and is most probably not completely recovered yet, so I don't expect him to set a record or anything, but I simply enjoy every second I can see Yuzu on the ice while this could have ended after Pyeonchang. Whatever the final result, I simply wish he'll be able to give his all and be satisfied with what he will produce. But all he needs right now is a lot of positive energies coming from all of us :snpeace:

Thank you guys.:softYuzu:

I have been anxious since last night, I have played sad songs at work (hahaha that's how I cope)

I am a new fan so I haven't really experienced Yuzu not #1 for SP. I have seen his previous performances and rankings before, of course but it is waaaay different to experience it as it happens.:headdesk2:

14 hours ago, SuperMin said:

I feel the same way.  He has an AMAZING career.

-He has been in the senior circuit for 9 years!!!!

-He has won multiple gold medals in worlds, GPF, and Olympics!!!!:space:

-He was ranked #1 in the world for 5 years in a row!!:happydance:

-He will forever hold the historical records!!!:knc_yuzu1:

-He competed against and has beaten 3 generations of top skaters:  PChiddy, Javier, and now Chen:hachimaki:

-He is the king of first achievements- first Asian everything gold, first loop, first >100sp, >200fs,>300 total, etc, etc etc :cheer::clap::clapping-smiley::grin_clapping::party2:

-He is the king of MANY MANY OTHER ACHIEVEMENTS that got many of us obsessed with FS!!!! :cheer::clap::clapping-smiley::grin_clapping::party2::cheer::clap::clapping-smiley::grin_clapping::party2::cheer::clap::clapping-smiley::grin_clapping::party2::cheer::clap::clapping-smiley::grin_clapping::party2::cheer::clap::clapping-smiley::grin_clapping::party2::cheer::clap::clapping-smiley::grin_clapping::party2::cheer::clap::clapping-smiley::grin_clapping::party2::cheer::clap::clapping-smiley::grin_clapping::party2::cheer::clap::clapping-smiley::grin_clapping::party2:

BEYOND skating, Yuzu is an ideal son and model citizen and inspires us to overcome adversity because he had to.  He has an unparalleled fan base and following because of this in addition to his skating.

Like many of you, I felt anxious all day today :sad4:, but then i think of the big picture or the 30,000ft view of Yuzu and this competition is only a blip.

I want him to win because he wants to win and I will try to send positive thoughts into the universe.  But in the end, nothing will change his achievements :9::9:  and the admiration of his fans.

In the end, I'm just happy he didn't stop skating after his 1st OGM, or his 2nd OGM.  I'm just happy I can continue to see him skate, however long he chooses. :softYuzu::snpeace:

Thank you Planet Hanyu for creating this forum so we can share our love for Yuzuru Hanyu, GOAT of FS.:hugs::10742289::grouphug:

:dancingpooh::dancingpooh::dancingpooh:

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Oh, that doesn't sound reassuring at all. What's our boy going to do? What crazy risk is he planning to take?

Link won't open. Could you let me know what it's about please.

5 minutes ago, Louitunes said:

Link won't open. Could you let me know what it's about please.

Someone was watching the press  conference on Japanese news with her Japanese mother who was startled by something Yuzuru said and translated it “ He says he has many secret weapons that he now has to use in the free program”

:drink1: