General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

As Ichiro Suzuki announced his retirement, almost all expected news on figure skating has gone on TV :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

Is this good to calm us down?  Or, it has just contained our feeling for a while?

Okay, tomorrow is another day, and the day after tomorrow is another day too!  Don't ask me what I'm talking :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20190321-00000147-dal-spo

Guess this will be the newspaper front page for tomorrow instead of KuyashiiZu or BlankZu. 

15 minutes ago, anyanee said:

Guys help me, I've cried for the third time now and even many told me to send positive energy but I just can't....I'm really depress right now and I have class at uni tomorrow what should I do???

Pray.

And maybe watch everything after the pop. It's glorious. The pop is just a blip in an otherwise stunning performance.

hey, it's not the end of the world. First, it's not over yet, and second - it's still wouldn't be even if he doesn't win here :) This would just be a lot of kyuashii for him, still better be happy that we can watch him skate again. I know we don't like to watch him being dissapointed with himself, but his fire is burning, please don't be too sad.

1 hour ago, anyanee said:

I have to sleep soon but I don't think I can do that...

This is one of my beloved healing garden . @hydroblade posted it earlier in this thread , and I thank her again

Saitama is another step on the way , but... " Never underestimate Mr Hanyu"....  they know what they went through .....I do hope you can find some calm at heart, no matter what ...

what Yuzu achieved today was huge !!!!  He was here and could skate, offering  such a  great performance, even without the4S...I'm so thankful that he could come back to the ice ...

18 minutes ago, airi said:

hey, it's not the end of the world. First, it's not over yet, and second - it's still wouldn't be even if he doesn't win here :) This would just be a lot of kyuashii for him, still better be happy that we can watch him skate again. I know we don't like to watch him being dissapointed with himself, but his fire is burning, please don't be too sad.

Absolutely agree with the sentiments here.  

:68271401:

No more crying, no more sadness, guys!

Today, we've confirmed one thing that should heal us immediately:

We now know for certain, that he is going to be competing next season!!! (he DID say that today, so... I am happy!)

Guys, what more could we want?

We will see him competing next season again!!!

:68556365:

So a couple of days ago I saw a tweet rant about how the US coverage saying that Nathan is so impressive because he's a college student as well as a skater when Yuzu does the same thing and no one mentions it. ( in the US). I never really noticed it before but now that I see it I can't unsee it?

Now some of this I think is that we as fans read a lot of translations of articles, making the effort to seek out fan subs or poor google translations where as maybe the US media does not? But that seems kinda lazy for journalists. I mean Yuzu is Olympic champion. But I guess each country likes to push their own.

Anyway, I just tuned into the NBCSN coverage and wouldn't you know they start off with Yuzu versus "the American college student."  :gla: