General Yuzuru Chat

23 hours ago, Ania said:

I liked your theory a lot, but it turns out he wasn't even there :( 

lad behind the camera was a little girl who trains in tcc, she commented on this post

no, still not desperate, not a bit  

Ooh! But in the comments, someone guesses Yuzu is already on a plane back to Japan, and the original poster says they're right. :003:

2 hours ago, Moria Polonius said:

The blog entry translation said he plays games when he has nothing on.

:hihi:

Edit: To be fair, this is apparently quite the interesting mistranslation. I still stand by my initial reaction. :68468287:

1 hour ago, yude said:

Thank you for your great translation! Apparently, Yuzuru meant this by writing 肉 on Masanori's forehead. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinnikuman

This manga was sooooo popular among the boys, I was also watching its anime when I was a kid :laughing:

Ahh, so a good 肉 hahahaah. thank you for letting me know, somehow it seems like the sort of manga he'd read :xD:

4 minutes ago, Fay said:

The google translate begs to differ! :D 

Google Translate has not been studying Japanese for half its life. :68468287: I checked the thread here, and maybe "nothing on" some kind of non-American phrasing meaning "nothing going on" that I've never heard, but it should definitely be "nothing going on" to avoid confusion. 

Here's an alternate translation if anyone wants to use it:

"Hello, everyone. This is Yuzuru Hanyu.

On Friday, the week is in its second half, too. (T/N: I think this is a pun on the second half of a skating program.)

What do you all plan to do on your days off?

When I have a day off where I don't have to do anything, I often play video games.

For me, video games are an item for restoring my vitality! (T/N: I think this is a pun on items in video games that restore HP and such.)

I hope everyone has a wonderful day off."

2 minutes ago, utsukushii3A said:

Google Translate has not been studying Japanese for half its life. :68468287: I checked the thread here, and maybe "nothing on" some kind of non-American phrasing meaning "nothing going on" that I've never heard, but it should definitely be "nothing going on" to avoid confusion. 

Here's an alternate translation if anyone wants to use it:

"Hello, everyone. This is Yuzuru Hanyu.

On Friday, the week is in its second half, too. (T/N: I think this is a pun on the second half of a skating program.)

What do you all plan to do on your days off?

When I have a day off where I don't have to do anything, I often play video games.

For me, video games are an item for restoring my vitality! (T/N: I think this is a pun on items in video games that restore HP and such.)

I hope everyone has a wonderful day off."

I know and I think everyone knows, but we’ve just been making jokes about such an interesting interpretation of things through google translate! :) 

16 minutes ago, Fay said:

I know and I think everyone knows, but we’ve just been making jokes about such an interesting interpretation of things through google translate! :) 

Hahaha, yes, of course I know what "have nothing on" is supposed to mean, but isn't the literal interpretation a lot more fun?

Okay, sorry if I'm coming across as a jerk, but I'm just feeling really mad that no one is noticing my post about my recent fan mail to Yuzuru Hanyu. I get that you are talking about his group picture with other people, but I'm trying to ask anyone if he might reply to it and have also posted it before (in the links with my last post). Can someone just answer me or not? It's pretty rude to be ignored here in this forum you know. :(

8 hours ago, Fay said:

Oh I LOVE his smile in this photo:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: He looks happy, calm but excited at the same time. I feel his fire being quietly ignited behind the smile. He's been injured, rehab'd, training and now ready to take on the world again in front of the home crowd in the homeland. He may be feeling the pressure building up around him but he is like the eye of the storm - calm, clear and in control. Whatever awaits, one thing I wish for him is to be able to perform the best in his ability at the time and that he'd be happy when he's finished. 

On 3/14/2019 at 9:07 PM, Cynthia said:

Hi everyone, I sent Yuzuru Hanyu a framed drawing of Winnie the Pooh ice skating on Monday morning. Along with it was some pictures of how I made it, some homemade Winnie the Pooh stickers and a letter. I forgot to add "Japan Skating Federation" to the forwarding address though, but I'm just wondering if it will get forwarded to him or not. Listed below are my previous postings on Facebook and Tumblr (please check it out). I'm not completely certain if he'll reply even though there have been a few instances that he did (such as nonchan and yuzu sorbet on Tumblr). Do tell me what you think, I'm open to your thoughts. :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1610393525875114/?multi_permalinks=2283481628566297&notif_id=1552341392934215&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic-My post is listed as March 11th

https://cynthiateoh.tumblr.com/post/183454958465/yuzuru-hanyu-fan-mail-This post was listed as March 14th (only one person noticed it so far)

I'm sorry, I've never tried to mail something like that. I would think it would get to him. As far as a reply, if it was me, I would think he wouldn't. I'm sure it is extremely rare. I do like your drawings and stickers a lot! =D

В 15.03.2019 в 06:07, Cynthia сказал:

Hi everyone, I sent Yuzuru Hanyu a framed drawing of Winnie the Pooh ice skating on Monday morning. Along with it was some pictures of how I made it, some homemade Winnie the Pooh stickers and a letter. I forgot to add "Japan Skating Federation" to the forwarding address though, but I'm just wondering if it will get forwarded to him or not. Listed below are my previous postings on Facebook and Tumblr (please check it out). I'm not completely certain if he'll reply even though there have been a few instances that he did (such as nonchan and yuzu sorbet on Tumblr). Do tell me what you think, I'm open to your thoughts. :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1610393525875114/?multi_permalinks=2283481628566297&notif_id=1552341392934215&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic-My post is listed as March 11th

https://cynthiateoh.tumblr.com/post/183454958465/yuzuru-hanyu-fan-mail-This post was listed as March 14th (only one person noticed it so far)

Hi! 

I sent a letter to Yuzu using the Japanese FS federation address one year ago. I didn't get an answer (I don't really expect to get it). Unfortunately, I don't know exactly how the postal service in Japane work, but I suppose they will be able to figure out the recipient of your letter using the address only. Good luck to you and your letter anyway)