General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Ania said:

I liked your theory a lot, but it turns out he wasn't even there :( 

lad behind the camera was a little girl who trains in tcc, she commented on this post

no, still not desperate, not a bit  

That only means my theory was wrong, doesn't mean he wasn't there.

Also, hasn't Jun gotten awfully tall? It looks like he's grown a foot since the Olympics. No wonder he's having boot issues.

36 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

That only means my theory was wrong, doesn't mean he wasn't there.

Also, hasn't Jun gotten awfully tall? It looks like he's grown a foot since the Olympics. No wonder he's having boot issues.

Sorry, I didn't make it clear. Somebody asked in the comment under that picture: "where is Yuzuru?" and that girl (who took the picture) replied: "didn't make it" 

I'm also worried about Jun. If he keeps growing, it's gonna get harder for him to rotate his jumps

4 hours ago, Ania said:

I liked your theory a lot, but it turns out he wasn't even there :( 

lad behind the camera was a little girl who trains in tcc, she commented on this post

no, still not desperate, not a bit  

Now now, the original theory isn't done with: there is a word in the English language for 'the condition of being a table' - tableity (really and truly!) maybe Japanese is as inasane, and maybe Yuzu has worked out how to hide in plain sight.... :rofl3:

2 hours ago, Ania said:

Sorry, I didn't make it clear. Somebody asked in the comment under that picture: "where is Yuzuru?" and that girl (who took the picture) replied: "didn't make it" 

I'm also worried about Jun. If he keeps growing, it's gonna get harder for him to rotate his jumps

Well, maybe it's for the best. He needs to focus on packing. He really needs all his gloves for this one. :mischief:

Hi. It's been a while since the last time I posted in this thread. I've been busy and a bit away from FS and this forum. Last week, on my way back to this planet I made a brief stop at Sendai and found this in a kiosk in Sendai station called NewDays.

Spoiler

Ysw12Tg.jpg

These are "Kaburimono Panda-san" cosplaying local specialties in various places in Japan, and there was "figure skating panda" among Sendai Pandas which apparently is Otonal Panda. These pandas are packed in a small envelope with a fortune slip, and these fortune slips include quite funny ones such as "Panda luck" and "Cat luck" which says you can make your wishes come true by meowing sweetly. Don't know if Yuzu knows about this panda, or how it was included in this series, but the shape of the collar represents the costume pretty well and it made me miss Otonal soooo much. If you visit Sendai anytime soon, please take a look at this Otonal panda on the package.

I'm really touched, this program interviewed one of Yuzu's ex classmates from 3rd year of middle school (Google translate is saying his name is Masanori Asano but sometimes it can be read differently so if any JPN speakers want to correct me, please do!). Yuzu's mentioned previously that he really loved his classmates from that class. I'm just going to cover the parts of middle school to give a rough gist of what was said.  

Footage of Yuzu in middle school around 2:20

Classmate: I hope he will go to the Olympics and win

Asano: Who are you making your goal as you keep doing your activities?

Yuzuru: Without forgetting this class (Year 3 Class 4) and how everyone cheered for and supported me, I will work hard

Asano: Ah yes, a good comment, thank you very much, thank you

(9yrs later...)

Asano had been in the same primary and middle school as Yuzu for 6 years.

Q: How did he become good friends with Yuzuru?

Asano: The first person I spoke to when I entered middle school was Yuzuru-kun. I was sitting by myself (somewhat isolated) at the end there and then he spoke to me. Fundamentally, he's a good person. He loved baseball so we played catchball in the schoolyard. He jumped too, in the classroom. He often said stuff like, 'I can't rotate so much on land but I can rotate more on the ice', like 'I'm not just this y'know!' (T/N: sort of in the spirit of 'don't underestimate me!')

Yuzu won in the 2010 Junior World Championships in March and returned to Sendai in April. 

Yuzu at the airport: Now that I've returned to my hometown of Sendai, the feeling of reality is hugely hitting me/overflowing.

But in truth he had missed his graduation ceremony to make Junior Worlds. 

Q: Hanyu-senshuu didn't attend his graduation ceremony right?

Asano: No he didn't. On a separate day, he had his own graduation ceremony... perhaps you could say a ceremony just for him. About 10-15 remaining students and classmates (his own age) were there. After the ceremony, we went back to the classroom and spoke about various things and took photos, and he wrote 'niku' (meat) on my forehead. 

Yuzu also gave him an autograph (his junior autograph with the mushroom fhskjfs) - and on the top he wrote 'I'm going to get a gold medal at the Olympics!'

Asano: If I'm not wrong, at the time, it had been decided the Olympics was going to be in Sochi? He said something about getting a gold medal at this Olympics Games with an unfamiliar name I'd never heard of...... and he really frikkin got it huh (t/n: he doesn't strictly say 'frikkin' but I wanted to convey...the amused incredulity LOL)

Q: What hopes does he have for Yuzuru?

Asano: During his schooldays, I thought he always always just did skating. I hope he will treasure the times when he's not skating and take care with injuries. Rather than saying 'gold medal, gold medal', I'd like him to take care of his body. Yeah I want to see him. Like we did back then, I want to joke around together again.

; u ; I hope they'll get the chance to meet ;;;;