General Yuzuru Chat

10 minutes ago, kiches said:

Take a look at his suit in the Kose interview. The shoulders look fine but his sleeves while sitting are extremely baggy. That’s a non-fitted suit. 

I think the reason we don’t see him in a well fitted suit is he doesn’t really have a need for it. Most of these suits are probably prepared by his sponsors in a short time frame so there isn’t a chance to tailor them. Aside from these public appearances the only time he may wear a suit is during a competition banquet and he may find its not worth bringing out his best suit for those. 

Hmm, I see what you mean. It does seem baggy. (I know for one thing as a Vietnamese that suits made in Vietnam <<<< America, so I hope this isn't the case for Japan) You might be right and it's disappointing that his sponsors don't take the time to tailor the suits for him. But it could also be because he doesn't care half as much about his non-athletic image as he does with his athletic self. It's like he would go the nth degree to make sure his costumes are right for the competition and would get upset if he forgot his gloves, but it's whatever about the rest lol 

40 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

I keep hearing about his ill fitted suit problem and stuffs but I can't seem to pinpoint what ill fitted about them. can anyone please enlighten me? also, is it possible that it's how Japanese suits look like? I'm not very familiar with men's wear so if anyone can point it out for me that'd be appreciated. I know Japanese clothes like Uniqlo (the only Japanese brand I can find in US) are tailored to fit asian physique. Could it be a style? I'm just really curious since at least I know Japan is known for their beautiful school uniforms so I'd be surprised if their suits are illy tailored. 

If you look at the personalities on Japanese TV programs, young or old, anchors or guests, you'll find they generally wear much better fitted suits. 

One clear example of an ill-fitted suit on Yuzu was the light-colored one he wore after winning his first Olympic Gold. In that case, the primary reason why it didn't fit was (I think) his special body type. He is just too slender for most suits to fit him unless it's made based on his measurements.

Look at the men’s gymnastics team in their awards/Olympics suits - they look terrible.  Athletes need made to measure - off the peg is tailored to more ordinary physiques.  Kohei Uchimura got a made to measure Paul Smith suit in a trip to London last year and for the first time looked as amazing in a suit as he does on the HB.

1 hour ago, Sombreuil said:

Can’t wait to see my teachers face when I turn up with a Japanese book and tell her I’m dropping Clementi for Hisaishi for a bit.....

I was a piano teacher once, to make a little bit of money. So, you don't know, your teacher is perhaps a fanyu ... (or you're perhaps going to turn her/him into a fanyu ahah)

No cute animals in today's blog! but there is thanks for those who support him :img_20:

...ummm what's a White Day??

Edit: just found the answer to that!

If the companies, etc. altered the suits to fit Yuzu, they'd might as well just give them to him when they're finished because they'll probably never have another ambassador/skater/whatever-he-is-to-them who could wear them. They very well might have offered, only to have him refuse for that very reason.

Aren’t they just- after Team Japans ex at WTT 2015 I bought the Yoshida Brothers CD, I liked Storm so much - let’s just say they aren’t exactly fans of the shamisen :smiley-cool14:

10小時前, KitSileya說:

Remember that Tracy said that he was quadding around, and he wouldn't do that if he couldn't jump quads. So take comfort in that - I don't think it was in any way a misinformation, as she was simply describing what each of the skaters she trains were doing that day.

"Tracy: It’s an Olympic moment. But, I had a moment today, where you know, Jun [Hwan Cha] is fixing his skate and Yuzu’s quadding all over [laughs] and Evgenia is triple something-triple looping, and Jason is doing all this magic, and I said to Jun “I’m just trying to stay out of the way!” [Laughter] Because, you know, and I’m grateful. I’m so grateful. "

yes...yes...Mama Tracy just giving us some warm information to make me relax........

7小時前, Coquelicot說:

Mine’s supposed to arrive today!  :D

i was............misread your message to -> Men supposed to arrive today(Worlds Saitama)............

i think i am sick