General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, utsukushii3A said:

Lol, the bold explains why my estimates of how short a jump is are always multiples of 30°. That had been confusing the living daylights out of me. :laughing:

Thank you for posting the video! It's definitely clearer with the video editor rather than me trying to hit the spacebar fast enough on Youtube. 

...Clearer, still not clearly underrotated...

Yep. One flat camera perspective is just not enough to judge this properly imo. Yuzu's second 3A at the very end looked totally okay to me in my screen recording, but visibly underrotated in the ISU slomo review... so what?... *brain smokes* :tumblr_inline_mqt4gqDerH1qz4rgp:

If the rotation is such an important quality feature of a jump, ISU really has to invest in a precise measurement tool to prevent the sport from another UR madness as 4CC 2019. That was terrible to watch... and it will get worse the more skaters join the game of quads. I doubt that anything will happen, though.

6 hours ago, sophiang said:

you make me nervous with those question...........:LOL:

That are the question we all want to ask.....but.............we can't...........

Remember that Tracy said that he was quadding around, and he wouldn't do that if he couldn't jump quads. So take comfort in that - I don't think it was in any way a misinformation, as she was simply describing what each of the skaters she trains were doing that day.

"Tracy: It’s an Olympic moment. But, I had a moment today, where you know, Jun [Hwan Cha] is fixing his skate and Yuzu’s quadding all over [laughs] and Evgenia is triple something-triple looping, and Jason is doing all this magic, and I said to Jun “I’m just trying to stay out of the way!” [Laughter] Because, you know, and I’m grateful. I’m so grateful. "

14 minutes ago, Shimmering said:

I remember somebody here was collecting all the ways in which Yuzuru's name has been mispronounced. I wonder if this one has been mentioned yet: Skate America 2012, Russian commentator: Yuzuka HanyU :59227c768286a__s:

Yuzuka would be a beautiful name for a little girl named after both Yuzu and Rika Kihira. :xD:

2 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

lol they could have used any defending champion but they used yuzu. if only they promote him through their judging like they did through their social media pshh

Yes, normally they would highlight any of the current WCs... but like the Olympic Channel, they do know where their audience's hearts and clicks are :10814716: And the comments aren't weighted in anyone's favour oh nononono....

On 3/12/2019 at 3:13 AM, TallyT said:

Like never ever wearing a suit that fits???? (don't mind me, I just saw the new CM and interview. How can someone whose on-ice costumes, and hakama for ultra occasions, be so perfect, so elegant and so fitted then have so many problems with a standard suit and tie?????) But you have to admit, it's one of his endearing little foibles...

I have the same question about his often ill-fitting suits. He could afford having his suits tailor-made, and I have no doubt there are plenty of excellent tailors in Japan. Hence another hypothesis: he simply doesn't care. For things he cares about, he is a perfectionist; for all the others, it's just "whatever." I'm surprised, though, that mama Hanyu who has made several cases for his water bottles that went with his costumes, hasn't seemed to paid similar attention to the suits he wear in public. Or, could Yuzu be resistant, like, why do I have to care about it? :usrs:

18 minutes ago, Maya said:

I'm surprised, though, that mama Hanyu who has made several cases for his water bottles that went with his costumes, hasn't seemed to paid similar attention to the suits he wear in public. Or, could Yuzu be resistant, like, why do I have to care about it? :usrs:

She raised a stubborn kid, did Mama Hanyu.

24 minutes ago, Maya said:

I have the same question about his often ill-fitting suits. He could afford having his suits tailor-made, and I have no doubt there are plenty of excellent tailors in Japan. Hence another hypothesis: he simply doesn't care. For things he cares about, he is a perfectionist; for all the others, it's just "whatever." I'm surprised, though, that mama Hanyu who has made several cases for his water bottles that went with his costumes, hasn't seemed to paid similar attention to the suits he wear in public. Or, could Yuzu be resistant, like, why do I have to care about it? :usrs:

I keep hearing about his ill fitted suit problem and stuffs but I can't seem to pinpoint what ill fitted about them. can anyone please enlighten me? also, is it possible that it's how Japanese suits look like? I'm not very familiar with men's wear so if anyone can point it out for me that'd be appreciated. I know Japanese clothes like Uniqlo (the only Japanese brand I can find in US) are tailored to fit asian physique. Could it be a style? I'm just really curious since at least I know Japan is known for their beautiful school uniforms so I'd be surprised if their suits are illy tailored. 

Just now, makebelieveup said:

I keep hearing about his ill fitted suit problem and stuffs but I can't seem to pinpoint what ill fitted about them. can anyone please enlighten me? also, is it possible that it's how Japanese suits look like? I'm not very familiar with men's wear so if anyone can point it out for me that'd be appreciated. I know Japanese clothes like Uniqlo (the only Japanese brand I can find in US) are tailored to fit asian physique. I'm just really curious since at least I know Japan is known for their beautiful school uniforms so I'd be surprised if their suits are illy tailored. 

Take a look at his suit in the Kose interview. The shoulders look fine but his sleeves while sitting are extremely baggy. That’s a non-fitted suit. 

I think the reason we don’t see him in a well fitted suit is he doesn’t really have a need for it. Most of these suits are probably prepared by his sponsors in a short time frame so there isn’t a chance to tailor them. Aside from these public appearances the only time he may wear a suit is during a competition banquet and he may find its not worth bringing out his best suit for those. 

11 hours ago, Louitunes said:

Good luck.  I bought a piano that takes up half the dining room, lessons for five years and then gave up.  Don't think even Yuzu could help!  Ps.  The piano is too heavy to move.  :ohno:

I'm probably going with the digital piano, cheaper, lower maintenance and smaller/lighter.