General Yuzuru Chat

46 minutes ago, Anzi said:

Ok so according to twitter information, he chose to do so because Sekksei arranged a funding program for the forest protection in Tohoku area. That makes a lot sense.

Good gracious, he is such a sweetie. :softYuzu:

46 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Genetics, healthy lifestyle and... just feeling young. I mean, babies have the purest skin in the world, aye?
If you feel like a playful kid on the inside, it turns to your outside as well and makes you look much younger than your passport actually says...
Sure, Yuzu has grown and matured a lot in many ways, but there are still these lovely moments, where I can see a happy little baby dorking around, singing out loud and loving Pooh bears. His smile and grin haven't changed at all over the decades :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I'm looking forward to a happy and energic Yuzu the most next week. I hope that he can enjoy his return to home soil after such a long time :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

This is very true. Stuffiness will age you fast.

Spoiler

As a scientist who also looks young and is young at heart, I couldn't resist doing a little experiment with that age guesser to test your theory: 

Selfie A (fun, flirty expression): 19 years old

Selfie B (taken 2 seconds later in the same lighting and same pose, but with as much of a stuffy, weary, adultish expression as I could muster): 27 years old

Wow. :tumblr_inline_n2pjd1FzUP1qdlkyg:

1 hour ago, utsukushii3A said:

This is very true. Stuffiness will age you fast.

Hide contents

As a scientist who also looks young and is young at heart, I couldn't resist doing a little experiment with that age guesser to test your theory: 

Selfie A (fun, flirty expression): 19 years old

Selfie B (taken 2 seconds later in the same lighting and same pose, but with as much of a stuffy, weary, adultish expression as I could muster): 27 years old

Wow. :tumblr_inline_n2pjd1FzUP1qdlkyg:

Yep, I experienced that, too:

Spoiler
  • sexy grin ---> -5 years
  • cute face ---> -8 years
  • happy smile ---> -10 years
  • big laugh ---> -12 years
  • dorking and playing around ---> -15 years
  • positivity and carefree attitude throughout ---> -20 years

There's one song that changed my view of life a couple of years ago. Today I can hear a bit of Yuzu within these lines, too:
Why did we make it so hard?
This life is so complicated

Until we see it
Through the eyes of a child.

Spoiler

I really recommend listening to the In The Loop episode with Tracy Wilson. In addition to mentioning Yuzu "quadding around" the rink, she also tells this wonderful anecdote of Yuzu and Zhenya helping to mend the holes in the ice after practice and its impact on the younger skaters present. And Tracy Wilson just seems like a darn nice woman (so I can understand why she bonded so with Jason Brown, LOL).

Edited to add a link to the transcript of the episode for those who prefer reading to listening
https://www.inthelopodcast.com/news/2019/03/12/interview-tracy-wilson

I'm fairly sure Brian also mentioned that moment in another interview, where he said that he noticed some judges (?) looking at them doing their "simple stroking exercises" and that he thought it was beautiful because skating isn't just about crazy hard jumps.

Spoiler

I think it was this one but I can't listen to the whole interview now to check... Edit: Nevermind, found it, it starts around 21:10

10 minutes ago, Veveco said:

I'm fairly sure Brian also mentioned that moment in another interview, where he said that he noticed some judges (?) looking at them doing their "simple stroking exercises" and that he thought it was beautiful because skating isn't just about crazy hard jumps.

I'd wager that's just part of it. The other part: Judges looking because Javi and Yuzu are easy on the eyes.... :coolio:

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

The most likely reason for Yuzu's good skin is a combination of genetics and a very healthy lifestyle.

And staying out of the sun. And being in a humid and cool environment. Delay those wrinkles, blotchy spots and sagging!  

43 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

WOW!  How did they figure out Yuzu's endorsement amount?:smiley-shocked032:

I feel like that should move him up in the rankings.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/26113613/espn-world-fame-100-2019#yuzuru-hanyu

I'm so confused about the search score. Tried to look it up but I still can't figure out what a good number is. Their #1 and #5 has a score of 100 but the guys in between are a lot lower. I'm guessing higher number is better but then why would supposedly more famous people have lower numbers than the #5?:scratch2:

ESPN is probably estimating based on what publicists say Yuzu should be making per ad and how many endorsements he has. The Sekkei endorsement history makes me wonder how much money he has given up by only endorsing products he actually believes in.

5 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

The Sekkei endorsement history makes me wonder how much money he has given up by only endorsing products he actually believes in.

I have no doubts whatsoever that he could be worth a lot more if he wanted to be. I think it's pretty clear that he'd rather focus on skating, though. 

3 hours ago, utsukushii3A said:

Yes, she also gave a wonderful account of Yuzu and Javi at the Olympics...

Reveal hidden contents

...getting together and doing, of all things, some simple stroking exercises that they all do at TCC. Made me cry while I was trying to do my eye makeup. :laughing:

What if in the future when Brian, Ghislain  and Tracy retired, we will have yuzu and javi taking over coaching at TCC :LOL: