General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Ashley2162018 said:

I wonder how Yuzu's sister looks like. I mean he is slim with good complexion, maybe his sister is the same too.

Mama Hanyu looks very slender too, they are a very gifted family.

I am curious what deal Kose made with Yuzu that he accepted the endorsement deal.

The free product perks, the pay or something related to his charity?

Or maybe they promised him the CM and interview will all be about his figure skating and not really the product XD Nothing better to bait Yuzu than figure skating....but they must be paying a good sum or gave him something he really wanted (maybe charity) for him to come out of his cave to even make blog posts. I recalled after the Olympics,  there were news that the amount of fee for his commercials are in the top ranks in Japan.

6 hours ago, TallyT said:

Like never ever wearing a suit that fits???? (don't mind me, I just saw the new CM and interview. How can someone whose on-ice costumes, and hakama for ultra occasions, be so perfect, so elegant and so fitted then have so many problems with a standard suit and tie?????) But you have to admit, it's one of his endearing little foibles...

Not sure about hakama, but skating costumes are made of stretch material, and his are custom-made. Most of the suits probably belong to the companies or the Japanese fed, or at the very least are store-bought and not custom-fitted.

At least he's Japanese and thus closer to the average proportions of his country's off-the-rack clothing than if he were American. 

2 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

That's a good point. He probably really doesn't have any skin care routine. I guess the universe actually is that unfair to us mere mortals :yznotimpressed:

I don't think anyone can have skin that nice without it being mostly genetic, unless wiping your edges and face on the same towel is actually the world's most effective skincare routine. (More likely, his skin genes are why he can do that, not that it helps his skin.)

Spoiler

I'd try that myself if not for... did anyone see Roman Sadovsky's video where he talked about people going into the bathroom with their gloves on and then going right back out onto the ice? If only that were the grossest I've seen at my rink. Using your blade towel on your face is probably only safe at international competitions. :laughing:

15 hours ago, Maya said:

My hypothesis: No, he is not human. He just once in a while seemingly casually does something that resembles us to trick us into thinking he is. This is the only explanation that makes sense to me for the things he does and the way he thinks and behaves. Anyhow, we could still aspire to be more Yuzu-like.

A commentator said the same too, that he sometimes put random mistakes here and there to remind us he is a human (or make us believe that he is a human)

"It’s when non-Japanese people speak Japanese to me saying things like: Konnichiwa, Arigatou or Sayonara. Surprisingly, Japan seems to be of interest them. Even if it is very basic Japanese, when anyone speaks to me in Japanese I feel proud that I am Japanese."

This quote. Why do Japanese people find it so surprising that the rest of the world take an interest in them? It's an interesting country. 

1 hour ago, utsukushii3A said:

Not sure about hakama, but skating costumes are made of stretch material, and his are custom-made. Most of the suits probably belong to the companies or the Japanese fed, or at the very least are store-bought and not custom-fitted.

At least he's Japanese and thus closer to the average proportions of his country's off-the-rack clothing than if he were American. 

I don't think anyone can have skin that nice without it being mostly genetic, unless wiping your edges and face on the same towel is actually the world's most effective skincare routine. (More likely, his skin genes are why he can do that, not that it helps his skin.)

Hide contents

I'd try that myself if not for... did anyone see Roman Sadovsky's video where he talked about people going into the bathroom with their gloves on and then going right back out onto the ice? If only that were the grossest I've seen at my rink. Using your blade towel on your face is probably only safe at international competitions. :laughing:

I took a second to think about how most rinks around here are used for hockey, and how hockey players are veritable fountains of spit and sweat, and....well...yeah. icky. 

The most likely reason for Yuzu's good skin is a combination of genetics and a very healthy lifestyle. 

29 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

"It’s when non-Japanese people speak Japanese to me saying things like: Konnichiwa, Arigatou or Sayonara. Surprisingly, Japan seems to be of interest them. Even if it is very basic Japanese, when anyone speaks to me in Japanese I feel proud that I am Japanese."

This quote. Why do Japanese people find it so surprising that the rest of the world take an interest in them? It's an interesting country. 

Probably because of how many people go to Japan (or any country) and refuse to learn any of the language and expect everyone to speak English. Occasionally, some of them even get rude or aggressive to the ones who won't/can't speak English. :yznotimpressed:

16 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I took a second to think about how most rinks around here are used for hockey, and how hockey players are veritable fountains of spit and sweat, and....well...yeah. icky. 

The most likely reason for Yuzu's good skin is a combination of genetics and a very healthy lifestyle. 

Believe me, no hockey players are necessary for rink ice to get gross. I can never unsee the things I've seen...

So when I first saw Yuzu's ads for Sekksei, I was hell lot surprised because I never thought he would choose to advertise for a famous skincare brand. The two barely connect in my logic. Yuzu is the least person i could image to use a skincare product that is predominantly for ladies (like me who suffer from sun, age?, pressure and blablabla). And tbh, I personally felt weird when an athelete becomes an ambassador of skincare product.

Half day later, I accepted this fact and brought two Sekkei products from Kose web.

THANKS TO YUZU HE COLONIZED MY HEAD.

I will give my personal feedback after using them.

1 minute ago, Anzi said:

So when I first saw Yuzu's ads for Sekksei, I was hell lot surprised because I never thought he would choose to advertise for a famous skincare brand. The two barely connect in my logic. Yuzu is the least person i could image to use skincare product that is predominantly for ladies. And tbh, I personally felt weird when an athelete becomes an ambassador of skincare product.

Half day later, I accepted this fact and brought two Sekkei products from Kose web.

:smiley-laughing021: never underestimate mr.hanyu's ability of charming people

22 minutes ago, Anzi said:

So when I first saw Yuzu's ads for Sekksei, I was hell lot surprised because I never thought he would choose to advertise for a famous skincare brand. The two barely connect in my logic. Yuzu is the least person i could image to use a skincare product that is predominantly for ladies (like me who suffer from sun, age?, pressure and blablabla). And tbh, I personally felt weird when an athelete becomes an ambassador of skincare product.

Ok so according to twitter information, he chose to do so because Sekksei arranged a funding program for the forest protection in Tohoku area. That makes a lot sense.

42 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Genetics, healthy lifestyle and... just feeling young. I mean, babies have the purest skin in the world, aye?
If you feel like a playful kid on the inside, it turns to your outside as well and makes you look much younger than your passport actually says...
Sure, Yuzu has grown and matured a lot in many ways, but there are still these lovely moments, where I can see a happy little baby dorking around, singing out loud and loving Pooh bears. His smile and grin haven't changed at all over the decades :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I'm looking forward to a happy and energic Yuzu the most next week. I hope that he can enjoy his return to home soil after such a long time :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

39 分, Anziさんが言いました:

I feel you! My skin is trouble-prone, so I take choosing skincare products very seriously. Then, Yuzu starts advertising a skincare brand I have never considered using, and now I’m wondering what product I can safely buy. So far, I found that they have some face powders and sunscreens I could try. If nothing works, they still have a plant-based supplement. I don't know what I'm doing...:13877886: