General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, anyanee said:

I understand everything you said. I absolutely know it's not his fault but I can't stop myself from thinking bad things. I feel really sorry to him. But I can't stand all the stress anymore. What can I do to stop all of these before it ruins my life?

Yuzu always finds a way to win, by being so much better than everyone else that biased judging just doesn't make a difference for him, so please don't worry about that. 

The only thing there is to stress over, is his injuries...those will give you grey hairs...and we have no control over that anyway, so just pray for him to be healthy and stay injury-free from now on. 

Also, unless your name is Patrick Chan, being Canadian doesn't help with the judges as much you might think. And PChan's retired, so stress not. :snpeace:

7 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Pssst... :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

Golden suitcase 1: 10kg

Hide contents

Costumes, training gears, JFS jackets, sneakers, suit, casual clothing, towels.

Golden suitcase 2: 40kg

Hide contents

Golden mirror, five types of hairbrush, eyebrow tweezer, setting and fixing sprays, thirty different cremes, mascara, lip gloss, shampoos, baby lotions, facial masks, make-up and powder boxes, hair gel, lady shaver, nail files plus polish, golden toothbrush plus paste, dental floss, mouth rinse, foot bath care, 10kg tissues.

You forgot the painting. You know, the one that ages instead of him. 

On 3/3/2019 at 6:30 AM, faeline said:

I visit both Chinese and English websites for my Yuzu needs (yay bilingual) and I found this off a page in zhihu.com about funny things that happened to Yuzu. Can't find the source vid though.

When I saw this gif I was like omg that's exactly what I wanted!! :LOL: He is so adorable!!

Not sure if the link works for you: https://pic1.zhimg.com/v2-926caf139825fba0fb044878e5a9b1c0_b.gif

My hypothesis: No, he is not human. He just once in a while seemingly casually does something that resembles us to trick us into thinking he is. This is the only explanation that makes sense to me for the things he does and the way he thinks and behaves. Anyhow, we could still aspire to be more Yuzu-like.

19 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

:think: Worlds is over a month later than the Olympics, and CoR was earlier in the season than NHK that year........I truly hope Yuzu's had more time to "heal" compared to last year!

I hope this time there won't be "I feel no pain because I'm on painkillers, you know, and actually I still feel pain but I'm pretending I don't and I'm just gonna will the OGM into existence":13877886:

Well, of course I hope he can truly will two clean & gorgeous programs (and the gold medal) into existence at Worlds, but I hope he'll also be truly pain-free and that he has had nice and proper full training. And that there won't be any more scary falls during practice, warm-up, competition, on ice and off ice (I'm trying to cover everything:tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:). Please skating gods:snonegai: 

I'm trying hard to keep my zen but everytime I remember the wait is about to end I feel all the zen slipping away :laughing: or rather running away :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

6 hours ago, Shimmering said:

I think I know why he was born in Japan. Because in no other country would he ever be so loved, cherished, gushed over, adored and generally spoiled as in Japan. Few countries would invest so much into his training and living conditions, would talk about him so much in mass media, call food and other stuff after him. In no other country  this boy who needs love and moral support could get it in such amazing quantities. Japan has enough weight in FS world, though it is not the top federation in the world. Which is why Yuzuru has support, but also challenge to always prove himself best, and he has always liked that. Had he been born in a country with a stronger federation, he may have never reached such  mastery, such heights. He was born in absolutely the right place. He was also born in absolutely the right time. Imagine him competing at the same time with Yagudin and Pluschenko at their prime. He came after them and succeeded them. They passed the torch on to him. He has achieved all the possible titles, he doesn't need to prove anything to anybody now, and his result at the Worlds will not influence anything. The only thing still lacking in his wishlist is 4A, and that does not depend on any judges or scores. So let us just wish him good health.

5 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

I don’t think he would be the champion he is without the difficulties he faced in his formative years - the asthma, the loss of his rink, then the earthquake and tsunami, etc.  Somewhere someone wrote that you wouldn’t wish the experiences that forged Hanyu on anyone.  His family also are an amazing mixture of supportive and empowering, whilst keeping him grounded.  I’m not saying he couldn’t have had that kind of upbringing in a western society but it would have been a lot more susceptible to outside influences, peer pressure etc which might have eroded that iron will, softened that implacable resolve, distracted that impenetrable concentration.  

5 hours ago, Henni147 said:

In Yuzu's case all obstacles that he had gone through, brought him where he is now and made him the person that he is today:

He's not brandmarked as a technical cheater or notoriously overscored skater. He gets what he deserves and deserves what he gets.
He's not an arrogant puppy and doesn't have a family who tries to exploit his fame. He's grounded and knows where he belongs.

He never forgets about his home, his origin and the people who paved his road to success. He always pays his tribute.

That's why he's beloved all over the world.

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Yuzu always finds a way to win, by being so much better than everyone else that biased judging just doesn't make a difference for him, so please don't worry about that. 

The only thing there is to stress over, is his injuries...those will give you grey hairs...and we have no control over that anyway, so just pray for him to be healthy and stay injury-free from now on. 

Also, unless your name is Patrick Chan, being Canadian doesn't help with the judges as much you might think. And PChan's retired, so stress not. :snpeace:

Guys, thank you very much for a warm replied now, together with some sleep, I'm getting better that last night. Thank you very much for all of your advice. I love this place so much.:embSwan:

Oh, wow, that moisturizer is expensive... Oh well. It's not like we have confirmation that Yuzu actually uses it. If we did, I'd probably fork over the money...

It's interesting how he changes his first-person pronoun depending on the context. As contradictory as it might seem to how beautiful and otherworldly he is on the ice, I definitely get the feeling that 俺 is the real Yuzu. :hihi:

21 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I haven't learned that kanji yet. 'Boku'? Or 'Ore' ? I could see him justifiably using either one, but isn't 'ore' usually considered a touch rude? 

Ore. If I'm not mistaken, these days it's more informal than rude. It would be rude with the Prime Minister but not with his buddies.

Usually, he uses "boku" with less formal media like the commercial and "watashi" with formal media. But occasionally he lets a "ore" slip here and there, especially in impromptu interviews like immediately after competing, which is why I've guessed that's probably the one he prefers.