General Yuzuru Chat

Personally, when my thoughts on FS turn gloomy, I remember Yuzuru's happy face. He genuinely loves this sport. It brings him such happiness. Sure, he had a number of trials throughout his life. But Yuzu is a fighter too. He strives in the face of a challenge. And after last year, Yuzu really has nothing to prove to the world, any win from now on is bonus. 

As @utsukushii3A said, maybe watch some "happy" videos of him to focus on the good side. Maybe take a step back from the competition if it is really out of control. Wait until the innocent season of summer shows? Do what you need to find your peace again. 

2 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Personally, when my thoughts on FS turn gloomy, I remember Yuzuru's happy face. He genuinely loves this sport. It brings him such happiness. Sure, he had a number of trials throughout his life. But Yuzu is a fighter too. He strives in the face of a challenge. And after last year, Yuzu really has nothing to prove to the world, any win from now on is bonus. 

As @utsukushii3A said, maybe watch some "happy" videos of him to focus on the good side. Maybe take a step back from the competition if it is really out of control. Wait until the innocent season of summer shows? Do what you need to find your peace again. 

I stop watching comepetion for awhile now. Maybe I'm just coming out from midterm exam period. The stress make me very miserable. I even tought about stop being Fanyu and focus on my study. Now I'm so guilty. Really guilty.....

8 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

I'm already debating whether I can watch this in real time (and bite off all my fingernails) or after it is over.  

I've already resigned myself to getting up at some abominable hour to watch. My only debate is how much tea and coffee money to bring to work afterwards. :coffeebath:

5 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

This new ad makes me wonder though. Yuzu claimed he doesn't do anything to his skin. But, he chooses sponsors based on them making products he actually uses.  Hmm. Is his secret out? It does seem unfair to the world to give him skin like that without him putting any effort into it - even through puberty!

Pssst... :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

Golden suitcase 1: 10kg

Spoiler

Costumes, training gears, JFS jackets, sneakers, suit, casual clothing, towels.

Golden suitcase 2: 40kg

Spoiler

Golden mirror, five types of hairbrush, eyebrow tweezer, setting and fixing sprays, thirty different cremes, mascara, lip gloss, shampoos, baby lotions, facial masks, make-up and powder boxes, hair gel, lady shaver, nail files plus polish, golden toothbrush plus paste, dental floss, mouth rinse, foot bath care, 10kg tissues.

5 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Don't feel guilty. Take care of yourself first. Nobody would ever blame you for that. 

Now i'm really in tears. How can I forget him? The one who give me courage and strength in my uni life? I think it will be a way, some way to solve this. Thank you very much. I'll give my self a time to figure out.

Thank you very much for every good advice. I will take a time to lay down and calm myself and figure things out. Thank you very much for this lovely place (even though I might not post much).

1 minute ago, utsukushii3A said:

Midterms make a lot of people crazy. :laughing: You'll be fine. 

I'm in second year at Uni now, loooooong way to go.:dpooh:

1 minute ago, anyanee said:

Thank you very much for every good advice. I will take a time to lay down and calm myself and figure things out. Thank you very much for this lovely place (even though I might not post much).

I'm in second year at Uni now, loooooong way to go.:dpooh:

I got super-stressed about exams my second year of uni. I eventually grew out of it, at least most of it.

3 hours ago, VyVy99 said:

I absolutely love the tone of his voice in the new CM!

And do you guys know that the bid at the end was almost settled by the number 7121994 yen?? But then the final bidder added another 1000 yen and made it 7122994 :notamused:

Fated or coincidentally made?  Pooh Bear is the winner of the 1000th Gold Medal from the Winter Olympic :dancingpooh:

:cri:

since it's still March 11th in my timezone, I'm gonna pretend I'm not late for spamming some gifs* from one of the less known Requiem performances, from “24 Hour TV” 2015 (big thank you to Kaeryth's compilation otherwise I wouldn't have found the source, and thanks to yuzu_pino for the upload). Yuzuru was skating for the population of the affected areas. The occasion and the setting, with all that fog in the cold rink, make for a particularly eerie and intimate atmosphere:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow: though I wish the cameraman wasn't shy with the close-ups and didn't almost lose Yuzu at a point :gaah:
*I originally meant to also gif White Legend and Notte Stellata, but.. alas! sadly days are not 48-hours long:tumblr_inline_mn41rcGFcT1qz4rgp: (tho with all the the catching up I'd like to do, it's likely not even 72-hours long days would be enough....:13877886:

edited to add source.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

@anyanee I understand your feelings. I believe I was able to enjoy figure skating much more when I took scoring without questions and I had no real fave, and I'm sure I'd be much, much much less stressed if I cared a tiny bit less about Yuzuru achieving what he wants... sometimes it's really mentally draining.         

If it can be of any help, when worrying about Yuzuru, think that at least he has already accomplished what everyone else couldn't even dream of. Even if judges were to make him lose undeservedly in the future, it would be sad, it would make us angry, it would make him disappointed, but it wouldn't be heartbreaking. He's gone thorough Boston and the following months, he's gone through those 3 months before PyeongChang and he overcame all of them.                               

If you feel that the positive emotions you get staying in the figure skating fandom can't make the bad things at least endurable, it's good to step back.

Don't fear of feel guilty about the chance of moving on from figure skating. I'm sure that even if you were to forget Yuzuru, one day you'll rewatch one of his programs again, by chance, and you'll remember why it mattered so much to you, and you'll realized you haven't quite really let him go. You don't need to think about Yuzu everyday or follow the events he takes part in and watch his videos to keep cherishing the good things that he and his skating brought into your life. Those good things are part of you now, storing them away for a while won't make them disappear. Plus, learning to be a better version of ourselves is something we can take from him, too, isn't it?  :11135030:  

please, take care of yourself, but still, feel free to reach out and talk whenever you need to let out you feelings too, without worrying about bringing gloominess. In case you haven't noticed, mood swings are commonplace here on the Planet:laughing: one way or another, something crazy or cute or hilarious will pop up and balance things out:10742289:

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Pssst... :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

Golden suitcase 1: 10kg

Hide contents

Costumes, training gears, JFS jackets, sneakers, suit, casual clothing, towels.

Golden suitcase 2: 40kg

Hide contents

Golden mirror, five types of hairbrush, eyebrow tweezer, setting and fixing sprays, thirty different cremes, mascara, lip gloss, shampoos, body lotions, facial masks, make-up and powder boxes, hair gel, lady shaver, nail files plus polish, golden toothbrush plus paste, dental floss, mouth rinse, foot bath care, 10kg tissues.

:notamused: Hmm..... Suitcase 2.  Probably contains those. 

Oh and Pooh tissue box.  Kept safe by wrapping him in the 10 kg of tissues.

:pouty:  You think I'm joking?