General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, utsukushii3A said:

Mathematically, either faster rotation or greater height could do it. Realistically, you'd need both, and even then, it might be beyond human capability.

But Yuzu also mentioned there might be the change in technology like enhanced skating blades to help jumping easier and make Quints possible. I wonder if he's ever tried graphing out the new design himself, since he's such a big brain nerd :matrix:

One of his dreams is to do a quad axel which is 4.5 rotations. Maybe when he lands it, the overlord might think what is a half more?

But didn't his noodly 12year old self said he would like to do a quad axel and even a quint?

No wonder he also said in an interview that if he could talk to his younger self he would say, its not that simple. lmao.

If he does ever consider a quint it would either be toe or sal, my bet is on toe.

:offtopic2:

For anyone who is a complete Requiem sucker like I, I've found the HD piano music video of it on Youtube. I feel like my soul is pierced and drenched listening to it, I'm so hurt by it and I love it #DoM #Fanyu #NoShame 

I know it's the 3.11 dedicated piece but the result won't come when I type it in English. Finally found it :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: 

It was a tad too slow but the HD was worth it. 

Spoiler

If you put it at 1.25 speed it sounds more accurate, but then the echo sounds kinda annoying

9 hours ago, VyVy99 said:

But Yuzu also mentioned there might be the change in technology like enhanced skating blades to help jumping easier and make Quints possible. I wonder if he's ever tried graphing out the new design himself, since he's such a big brain nerd :matrix:

He should come out with his own brand of skating brand/blade and name it like Fly Hanyu or Wing Hanyu or Yuzu on Air lol something like Air Jordan. I'm sure I'll get a pair for myself even if I don't skate

4 hours ago, shanshani said:

180 degrees prerotation is allowed on the sal, so if you think about it it's not that much more than 4A...

Would Yuzu ever settle for a prerotated quint, though? :xD:

1 hour ago, makebelieveup said:

He should come out with his own brand of skating brand/blade and name it like Fly Hanyu or Wing Hanyu or Yuzu on Air lol something like Air Jordan. I'm sure I'll get a pair for myself even if I don't skate

That would be amazing! I'd probably have to spend a million dollars on customs though, given my strangely shaped feet. Not saying I wouldn't...

Ahhhh allow me a moment to publicly gloat because I've managed to buy those line stickers:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: (thank you, kind fanyu who came up with that vpn method):snonegai:

who cares if I don't know anyone using line, and hey, it could come in handy for a satellites meeting in a future comp :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: 

29 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

It will work for the next 20 hours, and also you can search multiple times from different devices! 

So I went to that page, and I noticed Dan Carter of the All-Blacks has donated an autographed rugby ball for the same auction that Yuzu put his skates in. Nice to see it's not just Japanese celebs who are helping out. 

52 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So I went to that page, and I noticed Dan Carter of the All-Blacks has donated an autographed rugby ball for the same auction that Yuzu put his skates in. Nice to see it's not just Japanese celebs who are helping out. 

:offtopic2:

Dan is from Christchurch which had a large earthquake a couple of weeks before the Tohoku one. A number of Japanese language students were among those who died. Japanese search and rescue helped in the search. Two weeks later NZ reciprocated. Like Miyagi Christchurch is still recovering.