General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

ORIGIN is fire to me. :003: Nothing cold about it.

For me (beware! *very personal impression and opinion*) it's both ice and fire.

Yuzu has a lot of power and temperament in this program (and he looks hot in this black transparent costume of course). :P In some parts his skating feels even a bit aggressive. He's like a pulsing volcano indeed.

However. The program is also cold to me, because there's not a single smile in these four minutes. He has skated a couple of very serious programs in the past, but there's always been a moment, where he found his inner peace and calmness... where he was tender and vulnerable... In Origin he's a bit... yaah... badass to me.

[His performance in Moscow is an exception. I think there was a little glimpse of a smile and kuyashii feeling after the final 1A pop and the final pose. In Helsinki he stayed in that serious/death stare mode until Brian gave him a hug.]

And this contrast of "hot" and "cold" makes Origin interesting to me. It shows a new side of him that we haven't seen before.

I see it that he conceives through inspiration, particularly when editing his music for a program, but then he and his choreographer take that inspiration and turn it into a finished program.  That's how the greatest creative artists work.  They take their inspirations and work them until they're in a shape to present to the public.  If one looks simply at inspiration, what essentially is there is an an entry from a diary.  The true artist then goes and turns what is in that 'diary' and makes of it a novel, a painting, a poem, a symphony or, in Yuzu's case, a finished program.  True artistry always involves taking a body of raw material and putting it into a shape that can be presented to the world at large.

On 3/7/2019 at 11:03 AM, kaeryth said:

The stamps!

I was sad that I couldn't get these lovely Yuzu stamps bc I live outside Japan but someone said you can get someone to gift them so I asked my brother. And he sent them to me:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: I have sent him a big Yuzu THANK YOU. I never thought I come out of the closet over silly little things like line stamps...:hihi:  No I have no regret! Now I can ask him to buy CwW T shirt or photo books!! 

58 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

We don't, but we should!!

Found this thread at least. Hope I can renew the discussion there. :dancingpooh: Yuzu-deprived at the highest level. I wouldn't even mind to talk to people through voice chat... in Japanese... :68468287:

Spoiler

Re line stickers, I was too happy to see the link first and have bought the coins before realising purchase-button is not available outside jp, silly me!  As I dont have friends in jp and somehow failed to buy stickers via the vpn way, is there any way for me to simply donate the coins even without getting the stickers?  Cos i dont want to waste them sitting there as i dont use Line much and wont purchase other items...  Thanks!

This season has tought me one thing:

Some skaters can get their points together.

Few can skate clean.

But only a very small club of skaters really needs music in the background.

I have the feeling that most skaters could mute or rotate their music and I wouldn't notice it. There is barely any connection to it.

When I watched the Universiade and the Juniors' FS today, I asked myself:

What is actually left from the program, when I erease all the jumps? Well. Not very much tbh.

If you decide to skate to a specific music piece, you have to translate the music into your body movements and the music has to "sound" through them.
When I watch Yuzu skating to Otonal, Javi to Malaguena or Jason to Love is a b*tch, I can "hear" the music through their bodies. I can see something else than just a random chain of elements, steps and turns. The choreo is made for that specific piece and only for that. I pray that this connection with the music won't be lost completely in future skating generations... for me that's the REAL heart of figure skating.

3 minutes ago, happy_fish said:

I don't think there's any special pattern for the scarf, looks like it's just stockinette or maybe a 2-1 ribbing with a yarn with some variable thickness.

44789820_289175381724724_827327890542951

would love this scarf too if anyone wants to knit them and sell in an etsy store or something xD while we're at the the sweater looks soooo comfy

1 hour ago, happy_fish said:

I don't think there's any special pattern for the scarf, looks like it's just stockinette or maybe a 2-1 ribbing with a yarn with some variable thickness.

44789820_289175381724724_827327890542951

Hmmm I feel like I want to buy a red scarf now :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: and wear a white sweater. And drink Ghana hot chocolate.

The ad works on me. :xD: