General Yuzuru Chat

Media day has the Origin we all deserve to see :64341262: he skated with so much vitality and passion. the movements were precised

For Worlds I pray we can get the best version of Origin. For example, I hope we get the biellman spin in place of the A Spin, get that 4loop from ACI practice where its right on the gong sound, get that perfect 4 Sal from Helsinki, 4T from COR, and 4Toe3A from every practice. Then back that twizzle and TRs from ACI,  his aura from Helsinki, and his sharpness and final spin and layback from COR!

But most of all, like everyone here, I want to see a happy and healthy Yuzu. 4 years ago at Saitama he carried the weight of his country as an Olympic Champion and this time, I can't imagine how much more pressure he would feel with the depth of the men's field and his condition. So while I really want to see all of the aforementioned elements, I know I will love whatever he produces on the ice. :tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:

2 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

Nooo- don’t hope for that - hope for him to skate to his satisfaction in Saitama and new programmes that are his own rather than tributes next season - lovely idea but one season is enough - and Johnny and Plushy have been more than adequately rewarded for their inspiration.

I understand what you're saying, but Origin is so good! I really think it's gone way beyond being a tribute and is more Yuzu's own thing now.

Since many people are so much into recycling Origin, I want Zazura to recycle a pragram that I'm sure he can do even better, do this as a tribute to very important person in his career, Shizuka Arakawa, and skate it in Torino at the venue, where she won first OGM in figure skating for Japan - Ballade nr 1 by Chopin.

:volcano:

Truly, although Otonal is great, I'd be happy if Yuzu left it and went with a new SP next year. Because I think he's already perfected Otonal.

But in my opinion, Origin is the vehicle Yuzu was intending to use to chase after his ultimate goal of the 'perfect skate' , so I'm very willing to see him skate it for as long as he thinks he needs to in order to perfect it.   

I don't see the Plushy tribute in that program any more either. I see the Kojiki - the ancient creation myth of Japanese legend. I see something really epic. And I want to see it in its full glory. Once it reaches that point, I would have no regrets if Yuzu puts it away and moves on to something new. But if he lets it go while it still has untapped potential, it'll always feel like unfinished business.

My opinion is also that the gong at the start was meant for the 4A. But goodness only knows if we'll get it.

5 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Since many people are so much into recycling Origin, I want Zazura to recycle a pragram that I'm sure he can do even better, do this as a tribute to very important person in his career, Shizuka Arakawa, and skate it in Torino at the venue, where she won first OGM in figure skating for Japan - Ballade nr 1 by Chopin.

You never know - he might! 

49 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

For Worlds I pray we can get the best version of Origin. For example, I hope we get the biellman spin in place of the A Spin, get that 4loop from ACI practice where its right on the gong sound, get that perfect 4 Sal from Helsinki, 4T from COR, and 4Toe3A from every practice. Then back that twizzle and TRs from ACI,  his aura from Helsinki, and his sharpness and final spin and layback from COR!

Sharpness and passion. That's what I'm looking forward to the most in Saitama. I'm still waiting for those goosebumps that I felt at Media Day. I want him to "tear" out my heart - in a positive way.

Origin is a very busy and action packed program that lives from top speed, dynamics and power from start to finish... but I think the biggest challenge is the abstract and badass character of the music. Plushy had the advantage that he could slip into the role of Nijinsky and include some of his iconic moves in the choreography. Yuzu has nobody to portrait really, he has to bring this program to life with his own style, feelings and personality. That's much harder than acting/role play I'd say. So his moves have to be 100% on the note and tell HIS story. That's what I hope for at Worlds.

#Sidenote: You might be right that Origin has grown beyond a mere tribute program. However, for me it builds a duo with Otonal and I can't image one without the other. It's like trying to seperate two sides of a coin. He either recycles both or none of them... My vote goes to something new that no other skater has ever used yet and add a new facet to the landscape of figure skating programs. Especially if he plans to r***** in 2020.

It seems to me it would be easier to land a 4A in an old tried-out program than learn new choreo and get the 4A. But then, what do I know? Inspiration is a great factor too, and new beautiful choreo that has a special meaning for him could be just that.

(I may be in the minority here but I don't really like the badass image on him. He has a more positive energy. Maybe with a bit more sass...)

I'm with the opinion that if Yuzu skated clean with the loop for worlds, I don't want to see Origin recycled. Maybe try 4a at WTT/gala? I personally am not the biggest fan of Origin. At his current level of skating, I believe any program he skates to would produce this level of quality. I just couldn't connect with it as much as I did with his other programs (possibly because this is the intention of his character portrayal as a remote being -- something you might get from that of Princess Kaguya if you're familiar with Anime, who knows) I'm just more into HL/Chopin or PW/LGC programs. Origin gives off Seimei energy but a bit more hostile. It's always giving me a suspenseful and cold feeling that keeps me on edge. It took a while for Seimei to grow on me so I think it is the same with Origin. I am so ready for it to prove me wrong. 

But if we get a kuyashii Origin, thats a diff story. I do think we will get a recycling here since he might want to tribute a perfect skate for Russia and Plushenko. I also agree that a familar program might allow him to focus more on the technical elements.

But Yuzu, you do you. You want to Origin in 2022 for Beijing? I am going down with you

41 minutes ago, Shimmering said:

(I may be in the minority here but I don't really like the badass image on him. He has a more positive energy. Maybe with a bit more sass...)

For me Yuzu is a skater, who is very sensitive, emotional, introverted, mysterious and etherial in most of his programs. But a positive appearance throughout.

Origin is pretty much the only program where I have a really "badass" impression of him. The death stare, the cold atmosphere and tension in the air, the gelled hairstyle, the black and gold costume, the music, the jumps...

It's like: "Okay everyone, playtime is over. Boss has entered the rink and he will kill you, if you dare to mess with him." :laughing:

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I understand what you're saying, but Origin is so good! I really think it's gone way beyond being a tribute and is more Yuzu's own thing now.

I’m totally with you. When I saw Origin during media day I knew, deep inside, it could supplant Seimei  in my heart, and I’m a hardcore Seimei fan. It’s so powerful, if he can skate that program the way he wants it will be mind blowing. 

2 hours ago, Paskud said:

:embSwan: