General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, Whee1000 said:

The new Hanyu ring verse: "One (gold) Ring to rule them all, One (gold) Ring to find them, One (gold) Ring to bring them all, and in the forest for the Pooh bind them"

You can make the meter work if you change the last phrase to - And in Pooh forest bind them.

On 3/2/2019 at 10:15 AM, Lily* said:

Your entry made me curious, so I did some research and found that there were actually a few fans who had measured the Madame Tussauds’ figure.
Their approximate measurements are: Chest 79-80 / Waist 69-70 / Hip 88.5-90 cm

http://yuzuemon1207.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-854.html

https://ameblo.jp/akucelhappy-cat/entry-12034842536.html

This blog entry has some other measurements if you are interested.

http://yuzuemon1207.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-855.html

His waist was broader than l thought. But considering that the custom-made torso at the photo exhibition had the same shoulder width as a standard one, the shoulder-waist ratio might explain the illusion. I’m sure his measurements are a little different now. The funny thing is that some Japanese fans in the comments say that their son or husband is the same size. Maybe his body type is not that unusual. So I did some more research and found that the average chest and waist circumferences of 20-24 year old Japanese men are 86.8 and 72.9 cm.

http://warp.ndl.go.jp/info:ndljp/pid/286890/www.meti.go.jp/press/20071001007/004_bessi.pdf

I don't think it's so much the chest/waist ratio that's odd, though I think his is still more pronounced than average.  In side by sides with Boyang and Nathan, Yuzu seems to be similar in the chest and shoulders, if not even a little broader in the shoulders, and slightly smaller in the waist but not by that much, and your numbers above seem to support that.  What's odd is that most skinny guys tend to be straight up and down from that point on but Yuzu's hips flare out more. The "ideal" hip/waist ratio for men is .9 and for women it's .6-.8 - female celebrities tend to be very close to .7.  Going by the wax figure measurements, Yuzu's is about .77 so the "normal shoulders" and the slightly bigger hips are working together to create the illusion of the extra small waist - though his waist is actually extra small, just not as extra small as it appears.  Of the world class skaters, I can only think of Tomono, juniors, and females that have a smaller waist.

2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Line stamps!

Squeeeeeeeaaal!!!  I have to download line just to get these stamps.  Now I need to figure out someone willing to talk to me :scratch3:   

FYI, there's an Asian fusion chain restaurant called Kona.  They have a jalapeno yellowtail in a Yuzu ponzu sauce, which, of course, I only ordered because of the Yuzu sauce.  DO NOT ORDER IT!  The sauce isn't very good and completely overpowers everything else - I couldn't even taste the jalapeno, much less the yellowtail.  Just figured I'd give you guys fair warning since you guys would probably be most likely to fall into the same trap I did...  won't stop me from trying the yuzu lemon tart the next time I'm there.  Anyone here try the "All Eyes on Yuzu" beer?

Oh how I wish I had Line just to get those stamps.

And I have no idea what you guys are talking about with these elf languages. :laughing: I love languages and have at least heard of most if not almost all real ones. My heart skipped a beat at Quenya and Sindarin. TWO languages I've never heard of mentioned side-by-side!? NOOOOOO. Big sigh of relief when I figured out from context that they're fictional. Sindarin looks like it could be some kind of Asian language, though...

Unfortunately, it seems the LINE stamps aren't available outside of Japan. I really don't get Japan like that... especially on charity stuff, you'd think they'd make it available to as many people as possible >_<

(I'm half tempted to ask if any of our Japanese members have paypal, to transfer them the equivalent sum and ask them to buy it for me ^_^; )

I was feeling mathy, so I made this graph of all Yuzu's scores that are on Wikipedia. :snonegai:

large.1274452979_YuzuGraphsAll-Copy.PNG.029ec18d3e8e55399759e7b7836a14d2.PNG

The blue ones are his total scores. The slope (the number before the x in the equation) on this is the largest, which means his total score has risen the fastest with time. The R2 value is also the highest, which means that it has the least variation from the trendline. But that only means that it fits a linear model best, not that it has the least variation overall.

So, from this, it looks like his total score is his fastest-growing, but his SP score is beautifully consistent. Also, as he gets more and more difficult content, his scores vary more, which makes perfect sense given how hugely one missed element can affect the score at such a high level of skating.

And yes, the colors are on purpose to match his costumes and medals. :67638860:

3 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I don't think it's so much the chest/waist ratio that's odd, though I think his is still more pronounced than average.  In side by sides with Boyang and Nathan, Yuzu seems to be similar in the chest and shoulders, if not even a little broader in the shoulders, and slightly smaller in the waist but not by that much, and your numbers above seem to support that.  What's odd is that most skinny guys tend to be straight up and down from that point on but Yuzu's hips flare out more. The "ideal" hip/waist ratio for men is .9 and for women it's .6-.8 - female celebrities tend to be very close to .7.  Going by the wax figure measurements, Yuzu's is about .77 so the "normal shoulders" and the slightly bigger hips are working together to create the illusion of the extra small waist - though his waist is actually extra small, just not as extra small as it appears.  Of the world class skaters, I can only think of Tomono, juniors, and females that have a smaller waist.

Squeeeeeeeaaal!!!  I have to download line just to get these stamps.  Now I need to figure out someone willing to talk to me :scratch3:   

FYI, there's an Asian fusion chain restaurant called Kona.  They have a jalapeno yellowtail in a Yuzu ponzu sauce, which, of course, I only ordered because of the Yuzu sauce.  DO NOT ORDER IT!  The sauce isn't very good and completely overpowers everything else - I couldn't even taste the jalapeno, much less the yellowtail.  Just figured I'd give you guys fair warning since you guys would probably be most likely to fall into the same trap I did...  won't stop me from trying the yuzu lemon tart the next time I'm there.  Anyone here try the "All Eyes on Yuzu" beer?

I tried , but it was a limited edition from the brewery that makes it, so nearly impossible to get except by luck.

1 hour ago, utsukushii3A said:

Oh how I wish I had Line just to get those stamps.

And I have no idea what you guys are talking about with these elf languages. :laughing: I love languages and have at least heard of most if not almost all real ones. My heart skipped a beat at Quenya and Sindarin. TWO languages I've never heard of mentioned side-by-side!? NOOOOOO. Big sigh of relief when I figured out from context that they're fictional. Sindarin looks like it could be some kind of Asian language, though...

They're from Lord of the Rings. Tolkien invented the languages first as part of his studies at Oxford, then wrote the stories to give the languages some history. pretty darn cool when you think about it. 

12 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

(uhh click thru the link, there's a video that doesn't seem to embed...)

Seems like Twitter ads is affecting how the video is being embedded. I saw this tweet via Tweetdeck and I kinda panicked because everyone else was talking about a new video and just can't seem to see it. Had to visit Twitter site itself to see.

I got the Yuzu LINE stickers! Yaay! :tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw:

This is the first time I have ever purchased a LINE sticker.

1 時間前, KatjaTheraさんが言いました:

Unfortunately, it seems the LINE stamps aren't available outside of Japan. I really don't get Japan like that... especially on charity stuff, you'd think they'd make it available to as many people as possible >_<

(I'm half tempted to ask if any of our Japanese members have paypal, to transfer them the equivalent sum and ask them to buy it for me ^_^; )

Sorry guys, but I read somewhere that you are identified with your phone number and cannot buy any LINE stickers outside of your country due to the license issues. Unfortunately, we can't get any stickers from overseas accounts, either :tumblr_inline_mzx8y3bms41r8msi5: