General Yuzuru Chat

23 minutes ago, xeyra said:

A person goes away for a few days and when they come back, the forum talk has veered into Elven languages. :laughing:

Imagine if it was Dwarvish singing instead, all the songs are like this:

Gold gold gold gold

goldgold goldgold goldgold gold

gold gold gold

go-oh-oh-llllddd Gold!

I somehow feel Yuzu would enjoy that.:devilYuzu:

7 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Speaking of, I did it for you all: 

Now that this is out there, fans are going to be rushing to buy GOLD rings and have this inscribed.

The new Hanyu ring verse: "One (gold) Ring to rule them all, One (gold) Ring to find them, One (gold) Ring to bring them all, and in the forest for the Pooh bind them"

1 hour ago, Whee1000 said:

Now that this is out there, fans are going to be rushing to buy GOLD rings and have this inscribed.

The new Hanyu ring verse: "One (gold) Ring to rule them all, One (gold) Ring to find them, One (gold) Ring to bring them all, and in the forest for the Pooh bind them"

In the case of Zu, it's more like 'One program to rule them all' - that being Seimei of course. 

me reading through the last few pages, seeing the page count had increased quite a lot since my last visit and dreading that some unnecessary twitter drama was going on here too and finding talks about hieroglyphs and elven languages: I love this Planet:10742289:and how crazy we can get  :68468287::10742289:

Also, congrats to Brian (and whole TCC team) :tumblr_inline_n2pjd3guzE1qdlkyg:

I find it amazing that he's got the award despite being non-japanese (and that's he's only the second FS coach to get it!) but it's so well-deserved, for all the years of hard work (hard work that included those amazing days in PyeongChang, when you could really see and feel the trust and bond among the coaches and Yuzu).

There have been some (sometimes big) bumps along the road, and who knows, there might be more in the future, but the Yuzuru we love and admire wouldn't be who he is now if, 7 years ago, he hadn't made the choice to go and train in TCC, if he hadn't leaped into the unknown and met Brian and Tracy and Ghislain and Jeff and Shae-Lynn (and of course a kind-hearted training mate). And his skating wouldn't be the same, either*

*not that I don't love his skating before TCC (it was already so essentially him, despite the young age you could already see that he had a voice of his own, different from that of his role-models, different from anyone else's).

I'm thinking more about how he has been able to soak in all the different influences from different schools, coaches, philosophies to build his own unique skating:tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw: How every single encounter, every single experience has molded him and his skating.

Also, without moving to TCC we likely would have not had some of the greatest and most iconic programs of all times:snpeace:

ETA: OT I love my current rank:67638860: