General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Whee1000 said:

Maybe someone can converse fluently about Yuzuru in....Klingon. 

:snpeace:

My Trekkie husband says that you could maybe describe Yuzu as "the warrior who has defeated all of his opponents in two battles on the ice, while wearing blades on his feet." According to him, you could probably describe the competition and athleticism (and unfortunately the injuries) of skating just fine, but you'd be quite lost for words describing the artistry or grace.

Apparently in Klingon culture you don't want to defeat all of your enemies, because then you have no one left to fight. To which Yuzu would probably say that he always has himself to compete against... which is apparently a very Vulcan thing to say. So the space kitty is from planet Vulcan...?

1 hour ago, river said:

My Trekkie husband says that you could maybe describe Yuzu as "the warrior who has defeated all of his opponents in two battles on the ice, while wearing blades on his feet." According to him, you could probably describe the competition and athleticism (and unfortunately the injuries) of skating just fine, but you'd be quite lost for words describing the artistry or grace.

Apparently in Klingon culture you don't want to defeat all of your enemies, because then you have no one left to fight. To which Yuzu would probably say that he always has himself to compete against... which is apparently a very Vulcan thing to say. So the space kitty is from planet Vulcan...?

I could see the Klingons revering Yuzu as one of the ultimate warriors...while steadily and determinedly learning to 'battle on the ice, while wearing blades on their feet' just so they could do glorious battle with him. He'd raise their fighting spirit in no time. :)

Aaaannnnddd....

we're getting silly. Really silly. Hurry up Worlds. 

I'm not knowledgeble about Star Trek but I am pretty sure Yuzuru would be a kickass Jedi who knows damn well how to use The Force. :winky:

By the way, do we know where will that piano scores book be found on the 10th? I am in Japan so I might try to buy it...

Speaking of Japan travel, if you don’t mind me asking in this thread:  I am going to Tokyo in April (so excited!). Does anyone know if I can find the Sendai famous confectionery called “Hagi no Tsuki” (萩の月) in Tokyo?  I know that Yuzu likes them and so I really wanna try.  I also wanna try zunda.  Unfortunately I won’t have time to travel to Sendai this time.

Would they sell it at the Haneda Airport?  Or this place?

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g1066460-d6280370-Reviews-Miyagi_Furusato_Plaza_Coco_Miyami-Toshima_Tokyo_Tokyo_Prefecture_Kanto.html

49 minutes ago, holina said:

Speaking of Japan travel, if you don’t mind me asking in this thread:  I am going to Tokyo in April (so excited!). Does anyone know if I can find the Sendai famous confectionery called “Hagi no Tsuki” (萩の月) in Tokyo?  I know that Yuzu likes them and so I really wanna try.  I also wanna try zunda.  Unfortunately I won’t have time to travel to Sendai this time.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g1066460-d6280370-Reviews-Miyagi_Furusato_Plaza_Coco_Miyami-Toshima_Tokyo_Tokyo_Prefecture_Kanto.html

I cant speak on Hagi no Tsuki but I did see a Zunda Saryo in Tokyo. You can probably google the locations but I believe there were a few shops on the area. 

2 時間前, holinaさんが言いました:

Miyagi Furusato Plaza website says they will temporarily sell “Hagi no Tsuki” from March 16 to 24, which suspiciously coincides with the Worlds :68468287: Good luck!

http://cocomiyagi.jp/information/2019/01/post-47.html

I'd just woke up and come back to egyptians, Harry Potter and Klingon. We are such nerds just like Yuzu. Or is he channeling his nerdiness to us through his antenna?

53528512_425152371555106_114176381093203

Source: Twitter

17 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

I'd just woke up and come back to egyptians, Harry Potter and Klingon. We are such nerds just like Yuzu. Or is he channeling his nerdiness to us through his antenna?

Yep. And really, no one remembered the one and only perfect language, that certain GELFs have? How would they describe Yuzu?

"Ack-ack-ach-ach-ack-ack-ack---ackack-ack--ach-ach-achach-ack-ack?"

20 hours ago, IceWings said:

It's this:

I want to get it. I actually have Ballade No. 1 in one of my Chopin books. I tried playing the slow parts.... like really slow. Lol. It's hard. Maybe I'll have better luck with this book although it says the level is Intermediate/Middle Advanced... and I'm probably more like Beginner/Intermediate. :13877886:

I ordered it on Amazon.jp. They got hope and legacy and Requiem! I couldn't pass on it. 

I was a beginner player a long time ago, guess I'll just have to try to pick it up again.:hachimaki:

9 часов назад, SparkleSalad сказал:

Guys guys guys!!! Do it!!!

ETA What's the one that comes after "fashionably late"? :facepalm: I will just leave the Insta link here in case anyone wants to double up on spamming Javi. 

Показать контент

Love the idea. But poor Javi was so sad during his EC ex. I'm not sure such a visit would do him good

3 hours ago, VyVy99 said:

Speaking of, I did it for you all: