General Yuzuru Chat

23 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

We have many fresh organ farms new users to help. :devil3:

Well, if there is any scientist here, I gladly volunteer to be guinea pig to experiment with kidney self-regeneration. Kidney can never be enough for a fanyu .... 

39 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Oh, really? Why would they put that up? :scratch3: Cute mushrooms, anyway.

We have many fresh organ farms new users to help. :devil3:

Because “mushrooms” actually mean hallucinogenic mushrooms the judges eat when they score certain skaters. It’s a series of banners criticising judging panels. Ever since then, they started checking banners, I guess. 

The writing in Russian says “Say no to mushrooms”. Or rather, “judge without any mushrooms” 

Mushrooms are a thing commonly mentioned when discussing judging and favourites. On the other hand, the kind of haircut Yuzu had would never ever be called a mushroom haircut. We have a different word for it. 

14 minutes ago, Fay said:

Because “mushrooms” actually mean hallucinogenic mushrooms the judges eat when they score certain skaters. It’s a series of banners criticising judging panels. Ever since then, they started checking banners, I guess. 

The writing in Russian says “Say no to mushrooms”. Or rather, “judge without any mushrooms” 

Mushrooms are a thing commonly mentioned when discussing judging and favourites. On the other hand, the kind of haircut Yuzu had would never ever be called a mushroom haircut. We have a different word for it. 

:rofl:Oh my god! Really? That's hysterical! I'm glad the poster misunderstood or I'd never have found out! 

I think he said that he thought they were cheering for him....so he was wondering why at the end of a near perfect skate...there was so little applause!

After, Plushy withdrew.....the Polish or was it Czech commentator said that the Russians clapped for Yuzuru in the Mens SP single event but noted they were only clapping for their own countrymen/countrywomen.  So Yuzu impressed them with his WR SP!!

31 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Wait, what did he say about the team event? :think:

This was on Kenji no Heya (Episode 1 if I recall correctly). He said during the Team event he didn't expect the Russians to be cheering so loudly when his name was called so he thought they were cheering for him (instead they were actually chanting chanting “Rossiya" as @Fay said) . But after his near perfect SP the cheering was gone and he was like "Where's the applause? Weren't they just cheering for me just now?"