General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, rockstaryuzu said:

Yup. IMO it was crazy overscoring, and I think the changes that have been made to scoring since then are going to make this year's Worlds an entirely different affair

hopefully in a good way (not holding my breath there)...the scoring last WC made me quite angry...esp.coming off the olympics..Order of medals was okay but their scores...

26 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Yup. IMO it was crazy overscoring, and I think the changes that have been made to scoring since then are going to make this year's Worlds an entirely different affair

Well he did do like a 6 quads thing, right? so I see why he got that much points because we all know how judging works. Actually the idea of the new scoring system does help bc bad landings and falls are more costly and good landings supposedly get rewarded more points. BUT the danger lies on how the judge scores these skaters. So even if the skaters get wonky landings as long as its not a visible fall, some might still get positive GOEs at the mercy of the judges and tech panel. So potential scores for bad landings in the new system could still get more points if the judges decide to give postive GOEs. scary 

35 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

Well he did do like a 6 quads thing, right? so I see why he got that much points because we all know how judging works. Actually the idea of the new scoring system does help bc bad landings and falls are more costly and good landings supposedly get rewarded more points. BUT the danger lies on how the judge scores these skaters. So even if the skaters get wonky landings as long as its not a visible fall, some might still get positive GOEs at the mercy of the judges and tech panel. So potential scores for bad landings in the new system could still get more points if the judges decide to give postive GOEs. scary 

But that's not really what we've seen so far...a lot of bad landings are getting negative GOE or even UR calls...

14 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

Im starting to think ppl wont take this twitter acct seriously LOL

Olympic Channel is officially the greatest Fanyu, Yuzuvier-shipper, TCC supporter and skating nerd in our Milky Way.

That's some achievement :laughing:
If Yuzu wins Worlds, they'll propose to him.