General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, Henni147 said:

In most cases the audience claps and screams after a quad or huge combo. Yuzu makes everyone freak out, before his step sequence has even started in Otonal... In that sense his performance is everything.

This, and the rest of your two posts about art in Yuzu's programmes : thank you :10742289: Hearing your feelings put in the right words is always so satisfying !!

On 2/20/2019 at 3:33 PM, Freyuru said:

Someone help me, I'm a new fan of Yuzuru and I am completely hooked!! I can't sleep.. i can't work .. all because i am consumed by watching this man!! He is unbelievable, I cannot get enough.

I think if my internet connection hadn't stopped during a week I'd be still in this phase...

2 hours ago, Paskud said:

4a3a in bonus part :animated-smileys-halloween-012:

Perhaps it could made ISU reconsider the 80% rule about sequence ... or even make a special rule for combo like 2S-Eu-4S :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Tuesday, March 19. Yuzu's first official practice:

Reveal hidden contents

1S
Long spiral session
1T

1A

Origin RT with no jumps
1Lo

1A

Longer spiral session
Bow.

Wednesday, March 20. Planned program contents for the men's event are announced:

Reveal hidden contents

G1T1nao.png

But of course. For the King of skating is also the King of trolling. :snpeace:

But seriously, guys, I'm so nervous about the layout. 4A is out of question but Yuzu really really needs to do a 4 quad program with a 4Lo. If Nathan goes clean with 4 or 5 quads - it's a real possibility than Nathan will upgrade his layout - the small difference in GOE and PCS won't put *Yuzu* in the first place if Yuzu only goes with a 4S annd a 4T.

Edited because I made a major mistake.

3 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

But seriously, guys, I'm so nervous about the layout. 4A is out of question but Yuzu really really needs to do a 4 quad program with a 4Lo. If Nathan goes clean with 4 or 5 quads - it's a real possibility than Nathan will upgrade his layout - the small difference in GOE and PCS won't put him in the first place if Yuzu only goes with a 4S annd a 4T.

Yuzuru wants to win, and follows every competition (so he has seen the absurd US Nationals scores, but apart from the scores, he has seen Nathan in top form). He will plan his layout accordingly. We can just have faith in his mind and hope that everything will go according to plan <3 

2 hours ago, Moria Polonius said:

But seriously, guys, I'm so nervous about the layout. 4A is out of question but Yuzu really really needs to do a 4 quad program with a 4Lo. If Nathan goes clean with 4 or 5 quads - it's a real possibility than Nathan will upgrade his layout - the small difference in GOE and PCS won't put him in the first place if Yuzu only goes with a 4S annd a 4T.

Yeah I'm worried too. In a perfect world, any other skater's 4-6 quad layout should not win over Yuzu's perfect 4 quad and 2 3a layout because the quality of a program Yuzu puts out as a whole deserves to win over anything. Because honestly a 5-6 quad layout is basically a jumping session where transitions, choreo, interpretation, and perf would all get sacrificed and the jumps would always look telegraphed. Even a 3 or 4 quad layout for many other skaters had gotten this effect. So unless you're Yuzuru Hanyu, who does crazy transitions, makes his jumps (including 4 quads and 2 3as) as part of the choreography, moves along with every beat of the music, makes everything look effortless in 4 minutes, your PCS and TES SHOULD NOT be increasing at the same time. But we all know, including Yuzu, that the real figure skating world is far from perfect where PCS and TES are correlated, undeserving skaters getting 9s and 10s in PCs like nothing, and imperfect quads rewarded with +5 GOEs. This is why I always laugh when people downgrade Yuzu's programs bc they aren't a 5 or 6 quad programs. I'm like sure Yuzu could easily do a 5-6 quad program and thats how his training sessions basically look like. You might be seeing some crazy sequences too. But he doesnt want to sacrifice the quality of his program for just the jumps. So unless he is ready to balance both the tech and perf altogether, he would not want a 5 or 6 quad program. So many younger skaters today have sacrificed their performances for higher TES because that's the only thing they could do and the only way to win. If Yuzu does a 5 or 6 program in that manner, he would be unbeatable but I guess he doesn't want to and doesn't need to. But I really dont think other quadsters could do a 2 or 3 quad program with the quality of POTO or Seimei. 

Anyhow, my point is Yuzu will do anything to win in his fashion but it is honestly up to the judges in whether to score it right or not, and I doubt they would. So at this point when Nathan and Shoma are already getting higher PCS (for not improving) and Yuzu not getting much of that a PCS or GOES cushion, one could only hope Nate and Shoma wont be clean. 

6 hours ago, Maya said:

You nailed it. Taking full ownership of his programs is one major thing that sets him apart. He is so obsessed on this to the point an aura can’t help but hovering over his head. His purity is like 24K gold. Nothing could touch it. It just shines. I’m always in awe when I watch him even if it’s “just” some practice.

What we've discovered over the years is that over the past several seasons Yuzu has owned his programs in a way that I doubt most or even any other skaters do.  He edits his music while laying out his program as he proceeds.  He then goes to a choreographer and they fill in whatever details are needed to make the program complete.  Yuzu is in the driver's seat every step of the way.  He has the intelligence and ingenuity to make the base value of his programs as high as possible without putting him into dangerous territory of overextending his formidable technique.  He knows how good his overall skating skills are and he factors in his knowledge of those skills to fill out the PCS elements.  I have a feeling that he puts a base value on his PCS numbers just like he does with his TES.  We have to realize, as we've seen over the years, Yuzu's preeminence today depends on the fact that not only is he technically a superlative skater but he is also a superlative strategist.  That's why he keeps winning.  

6 hours ago, airi said:

That's not likely, could happen only if Shoma and Nathan do very poorly. But does that really matter?

Secretly, it matters to me just because I would love to see his greatness gets reflected and just because it looks cool with the streak. But of course I understand his greatness isn't based solely on this. now that I think about it, maybe the reason Shoma wanted to win so badly at 4CC was to secure his world standing? regardless, it'd be interesting to see the results this season. It's such a shame these last two seasons have been once again plagued with injuries for Yuzu that he couldn't compete enough to garner points for this season year end world standing. :( hopefully he could at least get season's best. 

1 hour ago, PoohandYuzu said:

Thanks @airi  Just out of curiosity only, truly it doesnt matter!  @VyVy99 Sorry and thanks!

http://www.isuresults.com/ws/ws/wsmen.htm

Here is the current world standing.

Points for top three standings for worlds. Basically assuming Yuzu, Shoma, and Nathan will podium at Worlds this year, you can just add these points to their current points. 

1) 1200

2) 1080

3) 972

Say if the results are 1) Yuzu 2) Nathan 3) Shoma 

final standing will be:

1) Shoma = 5996

2) Nathan = 5882

3) Yuzu = 5740

Say if the results are 1) Nathan 2) Shoma 3) Yuzu

final standing will be:

1) Shoma = 6104

2) Nathan = 6002

3) Yuzu = 5512

Say if the results are 1) Shoma 2) Yuzu 3) Nathan 

final standing will be:

1) Shoma = 6224

2) Nathan = 5774

3) Yuzu = 5620

Say if the results are 1) Shoma 2) Nathan 3) Yuzu

final standing will be:

1) Shoma = 6224

2) Nathan = 5882

3) Yuzu = 5512

Say if the results are 1) Yuzu 2) Shoma 3) Nathan

final standing will be:

1) Shoma = 6104

2) Nathan = 5774

3) Yuzu = 5740

Say if the results are 1) Nathan 2) Yuzu 3) Shoma

final standing will be:

1) Nathan = 6002

2) Shoma = 5996 

3) Yuzu = 5620

You see, Yuzu has no chance of being 1st or 2nd if all three of them podium. So for Yuzu to be 1st, he has to place 1st at Worlds, Shoma has to place 6th, and Nathan has to place 4th. All of this is pretty unlikely. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

24 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Will probably do transcripts of the Yuzu parts later when I have the time :8430721:

Thank you! :) 

If anyone would like to listen to it, the part about Yuzu starts from around min. 23.00

I listened to it and Dice said some very nice things, for example, that Yuzu is the greatest skater of all time because of his mental strength, (overall) his skating results and the fact that he continuously makes great results. <3 

On 2/21/2019 at 1:33 AM, Freyuru said:

Someone help me, I'm a new fan of Yuzuru and I am completely hooked!! I can't sleep.. i can't work .. all because i am consumed by watching this man!! He is unbelievable, I cannot get enough. Why did it take me so long to discover him, and of course what was the program that caught my attention!!!  Would anyone like to hazard a guess  as to what program that caught my attention?  

Oooh, it could be.... well, to be honest any of them :knc_yuzu2: There osn't a single program in his senior career that doesn't have performances that make folk drop everything just to watch and let their minds soar...

Welcome!!!

5 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Thank you! :) 

If anyone would like to listen to it, the part about Yuzu starts from around min. 23.00

I listened to it and Dice said some very nice things, for example, that Yuzu is the greatest skater of all time because of his mental strength, (overall) his skating results and the fact that he continuously makes great results. <3 

I suspect that Dice - like Javi though probably not to the same extent - gets asked about Yuzu quite a bit, as he says, they're friends and he is one of the elect few who beat Yuzu...