General Yuzuru Chat

All these Hanyu tuxedo fan arts have me knocked dead. :13877886::13877886::13877886:

It's said that a tux is perfectly designed to show a man's physique off to best advantage...with Yuzu that would go double....:10742290:

Technically speaking some of those outfits are morning suits, but who cares? They look great!!

4 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

we know he was training on ice earlier than January

Do you think saying this could be a way to be diplomatic about the fact that he missed nationals? To avoid trouble with a certain category of people? Or maybe he doesn't consider it "training" if it doesn't reach a certain level of difficulty? :tumblr_inline_n2pje39gH11qdlkyg:

Anyway, sending all positive thoughts to him for a good recovery :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, Veveco said:

Do you think saying this could be a way to be diplomatic about the fact that he missed nationals? To avoid trouble with a certain category of people? Or maybe he doesn't consider it "training" if it doesn't reach a certain level of difficulty? :tumblr_inline_n2pje39gH11qdlkyg:

Anyway, sending all positive thoughts to him for a good recovery :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

I think even if he was back on ice around December that wouldnt be considered training. He could be doing rehab at the time to get a sense of skating back. Also, I don't think that would have given him enough time to train for a competition. 

Someone help me, I'm a new fan of Yuzuru and I am completely hooked!! I can't sleep.. i can't work .. all because i am consumed by watching this man!! He is unbelievable, I cannot get enough. Why did it take me so long to discover him, and of course what was the program that caught my attention!!!  Would anyone like to hazard a guess  as to what program that caught my attention?  

2 minutes ago, Freyuru said:

Someone help me, I'm a new fan of Yuzuru and I am completely hooked!! I can't sleep.. i can't work .. all because i am consumed by watching this man!! He is unbelievable, I cannot get enough. Why did it take me so long to discover him, and of course what was the program that caught my attention!!!  Would anyone like to hazard a guess  as to what program that caught my attention?  

Hello, welcome! We've all been there haha.

My guess is Olympic Chopin? :D 

5 minutes ago, Freyuru said:

Given how much he seems to have bowled you over, it has to be Let's Go Crazy. :snmouchotto:

2 hours ago, Veveco said:

"training" is different to "rehab on ice" and by him stating "training", it clarifies that he's had all clear from the medical team. Back in Dec, he was not "training" though he may have been on ice for "rehab". Anyway, those who would like to say things about Yuzu's absent from nationals are not going to love him for whatever he does or doesn't. So it's not worth worrying about them.

12 minutes ago, Freyuru said:

Sounds familiar with the symptoms... don't worry, we all understand what you're going through :10742288: You've come to the right place!

Instead of going crazy alone, we can go crazy together here!! Welcome to the Planet Hanyu, population One, only him... but thousands of satellites are watching his every move!!

My guess is...Ballade no1 at Olympics?

6 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

"training" is different to "rehab on ice" and by him stating "training", it clarifies that he's had all clear from the medical team. Back in Dec, he was not "training" though he may have been on ice for "rehab". Anyway, those who would like to say things about Yuzu's absent from nationals are not going to love him for whatever he does or doesn't. So it's not worth worrying about them. 

Oh, I'm not worried about them. I just thought it was a bit strange of JSF to say that when footage of him on ice has already leaked.

Yes, "rehab" vs "training" is what I meant to say but you and @makebelieveup said it better than me :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

I know there are inevitably people who will complain about Yuzu going to Worlds without having competed at Japan's nationals.  They should look at it from the other side, the Japan Skating Federation's side.  The JSF wants to do as well as possible at Worlds since the results there have impact on how many athletes Japan can send to various competitions next season.  For Japan not to send a consecutive two-time Olympic gold medalist, a two-time World Champion (with another two silvers and a bronze added for good measure), a four-time GPF winner and the dominant skater over the last several seasons, well, that would be insane for them.  If they didn't send Yuzu the complaints you would hear then would be incredible (perhaps riots in the streets LOL).  The JSF knows that Yuzu is still the number one skater today, even if statistically it goes elsewhere.  Other male skaters are not training to top Nathan or Shoma or whomever.  They see Yuzu as the guy to beat.  So Yuzu goes to Worlds, the best chance Japan has to nab the gold.  Shoma and the other top Japanese skaters go mainly to fill out the podium for a golden Yuzu.  Make no mistake about it, except for the American media, the media are going to be following Yuzu every step of the way at that competition.  He will almost certainly get as much media attention as there is (except for Nathan's USA groupies) for all the other men combined.  That's a fact of life.  If there are those who complain that Yuzu going is denying some other Japanese man presence on Japan's delegation, they should recognize the reality.  Yuzu goes because his presence there means the men's events will be sold-out and the media there will give the entire competition more exposure than there would be if Yuzu wasn't there.   'Can Yuzu make it three World golds?' will be the dominant meme of the whole competition, dominant over the ladies, the pairs and the dancers.  Yuzu will be topic number one there and the JSF knows that.  It's that simple.  Yuzu goes and those who don't like that can lump it.

1 hour ago, Freyuru said:

Ahhh~ You're not alone my friend, that early fever is way too familiar to us. The feeling when he finally caught your eye and appears in your life, and you instantly Know you wanted to meet him all this time. My guess would be Olympics Seimei.

edit: Or maybe more recently, COR Otonal?

Welcome to the Planet! Have fun here :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

My guess is Olympic Seimei? 

15 minutes ago, micaelis said:

I know there are inevitably people who will complain about Yuzu going to Worlds without having competed at Japan's nationals.  They should look at it from the other side, the Japan Skating Federation's side.  

They should simply look at the selection criterias, what the rule says. And he was selected for Worlds according to the rules. It's as easy as that. 

LOL sorry we cant even help ourselves so I guess let's just go down together :sadPooh: welcome, by the way! hmmm honestly all of his clean skate would have given the same effect but for me it was Sochi Parisienne Walkways so I'd go with that?

"Why did it take me so long to discover him?" <---- this question is my lifelong question as well. I wasted my entire youth on watching kpop when I could have stanned this GOAT