General Yuzuru Chat

Re: Laureus

https://twitter.com/axelsandwich/status/1097579367004139520

Ngl I'm lolling so hard reading twitter reactions rn because #relatable :smiley-laughing021:

Well, not unexpected, and still great that Yuzu was nominated:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

(tho... honestly I would have been happier if anyone but the actual winner had got the award...):waffle:

And Japan still got its first Laureus winner, and I consider Naomi a honorary satellite so I' m twice happy for her :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Yuzuru, let the kuyashii burn and conquer in Saitama next month!  :hachimaki:

:laughing:

26 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

Ngl I'm lolling so hard reading twitter reactions rn because #relatable :smiley-laughing021:

Well, not unexpected, and still great that Yuzu was nominated:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

(tho... honestly I would have been happier if anyone but the actual winner had got the award...):waffle:

And Japan still got its first Laureus winner, and I consider Naomi a honorary satellite so I' m twice happy for her :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

So, who actually won? McMorris? 

8 minutes ago, SydneyH said:

Tiger Woods of all people lol sckjscbjkc like I would have been happy with anyone winning it . . . but not him -_-

Gotta agree. Golf isn't exactly the world's most demanding sport....even if a golfer comes back from an injury, so what? Big deal. :dry:

I thought for sure it would have been McMorris. Objectively speaking, he's the one who had the greatest distance to cover, in the shortest time, in his comeback.  But there are a LOT of golfers on the board of the Laureus. 

Well it was fun while it lasted...

45 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

Me too, I was ready for another winner besides him, but forgot to prepare for Tiger :ummm:

I wonder how Naomi is feeling right now lol XD She must be happy for this great honor, but then discover that our Overlord didn’t get to win :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Just now, VyVy99 said:

Me too, I was ready for another winner besides him, but forgot to prepare for Tiger :ummm:

I wonder was Naomi is feeling right now lol XD She must be happy for this great honor, but then discover that our Overlord didn’t get to win :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

That's right, she's a fanyu, eh? 

Well, look at it this way: now she can be our agent on the inside.:LOL:

Lol FS stans vs Golf dudes would be a battle I'd like to see:laughing: (I feel golf dudes wouldn't survive tho:P)

But really, one wonders why so many sports are widely accepted as sports while fs, that pushes the limit of what's physically and mentally possible for a human body, is disregarded on regular basis just because looks prettier :sipping:(and sadly it's a sport that takes a huge toll on the body, I don't think a 40 years old skater would be able to be competitive....even if he wanted to, and even if he was relatively injury-free...:/)

ETA: I wanted to add this because it's too funny 

https://twitter.com/tikudzi/status/1097597381288300545

More seriously

Spoiler

I thought I would have felt compelled to say "I hope us fans won't chase Laureus too strongly for the results" but from what I've seen most replies to their tweets are polite or positive, there is some criticism (mainly about who the winner was, it looks like I wasn't the only not impressed LOL and I believe there would have been a different response if one of the other more 'extreme' stories had won) but...overall I think it was still within what's acceptable

(I believe there was a change of tweets from Laureus but I weren't there to see so idk if something else happened before). Sadly I know that even the mild disappoiment expressed by fans will be overblown into a Big story by those who like to point fingers at 'evil fanyus' and I'm more sad about that than about everything else...