General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Moria Polonius said:

Eh, for some reason I thought that the announcement of the Laureus award would be via SN and the ceremony sometime later. Lol. 

As it is, it doesn't look like Yuzu will be there. If he were planning to attend, I think he would have said so in his message. Which means that Yuzu probably won't win because what's the point of giving an award to someone who won't show up, from the point of view of a commercial event?

The ceremony is today! :)

I opened a thread for it, anyone who'd like to watch the event, join us here:

5 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Doesn't look like it's realistic.  3a, 4lz, 4a/4t in the bonus, level 4 everything and all 5 GOE's, all 10's for PCS gets you 130.1

eta: btw, if you change it to 4a/4lo the max is 131.2   I don't think there is a more difficult possible layout for the SP

eta 2: 3a, 4a, 4lz/4t in bonus gets exactly 130

Under the current ISU rules 4+4 is an invalid combo. Only 4+3 or 3+4 is allowed.

The 4A doesn't count as an Axel-jump either (because ISU :laughing:).

So the highest possible SP score under the current system would be:

11.50 + 5.75                           4Lz

8.00 + 4.00                              3A

(12.50 + 5.90) × 1.1 + 6.25   X 4A+3Lz (with change of rotation direction between the jumps)

3.20 + 1.60                              FCSp4

3.00 + 1.50                              CSSp4

3.50 + 1.75                              CCoSp4

3.90 + 1.95                              StSq4

------------------

76.14  TES

50.00  PCS

------------------

126.14 TSS

7 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Doesn't look like it's realistic.  3a, 4lz, 4a/4t in the bonus, level 4 everything and all 5 GOE's, all 10's for PCS gets you 130.1

eta: btw, if you change it to 4a/4lo the max is 131.2   I don't think there is a more difficult possible layout for the SP

eta 2: 3a, 4a, 4lz/4t in bonus gets exactly 130

Why r u putting this here, what if his antena acts up :tumblr_inline_n2pje39gH11qdlkyg:

Also, can we have an antena emoji mods and admins?? :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

3 hours ago, Ashley2162018 said:

I honestly don' t know if the video message Laureus prepared is an indication of:

1. Yuzu won't win but to appreciate him and his fans its kind of a consulation that he is recoignized.

2. He won but since he can't come, they filmed him and made an extra message to stir more good PR.

Either way all the nominee's are equally deserving and the truth will remain that: Yuzu is the 2x OGM who won everything even with a busted ankle.

And numerous injuries beforehand (cup of China collision, Surgery and ankle injury)

I was thinking the exact same thing, and as my nervousness increase to the end of the day, I going from the positive end to the negative end of the possibilities :10636614:

6 hours ago, Fay said:

Change it into 4Lz4Lo to add further dramatism :D Dream big! 

I know you mean this as a fantasy, a dream, an imagination, not really a reality to happen. I understand that you are talking about a hypothetical scenario just for fun.

So I add my thoughts about this discussion. No offence even If I have to disagree with this scenario. Sorry to disagree.

I love Yuzuru, but I love also he keeps his ankle, his health as a priority, not planning to have a SP with maximum score 130 points. In fact, I hope he never again get injuries while practicing to land 4Lutz, 4A, 4Lo. Those are only jumps, impossible jumps without sustaining injuries. I prefer to see him skating beautifully, without falling or injured, with joy in his skating. No need to win every competition. No need to have maximum score. By the way, I hope no skater will try to do this, even Nathan Chen, Boyang, Shoma, anyone. Even if I am not a fan of those skaters,I don't want them to get injured. I want them to skate as long as they want.So we can enjoy their skating without worrying for them being injured all the time.

8 minutes ago, Veveco said:

It'd be pretty similar to this shot basically

(sorry, found it on Google and couldn't track the original source)

Hide contents

2q02783.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen: the complete 200-club of men's free skating :coolio:

It's actually the complete 300-club, too. Plus Pat-chan.

(His highest combined total was 295.27 at Bompard '13.)

1 hour ago, VyVy99 said:

Hand it over ya lil criptid!!:bash:

1 hour ago, makebelieveup said:

what a moment to have the top athletes in the same frame. and lol at Yuzu suavely making his way over to Shoma 

LOL, I wouldn't call that "suavely", he pretty much runs right into him.  It's a good think Yuzu has such long arms so he can fit everyone in.