General Yuzuru Chat

12 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

This is so OT and just because its almost 1 month left until Worlds, but what do you guys think about if Yuzu would put the 3A in the second half of the short to up his BV. Like last season chopin's layout. I mean its just .80 points higher and increase with GOE but thats still a way to maximize his points for worlds. Looking at the current state of his competitors, Nathan and Boyang (who is peaking), they might encourage him to do something to ensure that sp cushion. I'm thinking 110 for an imperfect SP from COR can mean a 112 for a perfect SP +1 home inflation (I have a feeling it won't get that much inflation) so around 113 for a perfect SP with his current layout. If he puts the 3a in the second half it would be around 114. This will hopefully take some of that pressure off to leave out the 4loop in the free. Yeah its kinda pointless guessing his game plan but I'm so darn curious about how kuyashii he is at the moment 

According to new rules, only the last jump in the SP receives the 10% bonus if it's in the second half. Yuzu already put the combo there because it gives him the biggest bonus.

Fun fact: it appears that only Nathan and Yuzu go for the quad combo as the last, bonus-eligible jumping pass. Most guys do the 3A as their last, a few a triple-triple combo.

6 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

This is so OT and just because its almost 1 month left until Worlds, but what do you guys think about if Yuzu would put the 3A in the second half of the short to up his BV. Like last season chopin's layout. I mean its just .80 points higher and increase with GOE but if he is trying to maximize his points for worlds. Looking at the current state of his competitors, Nathan and Boyang (who is peaking) might encourage him to do for sp cushion purposes. I'm thinking 110 for an imperfect SP from COR can be a 112 for a perfect SP +1 home inflation (I have a feeling it won't get that much inflation) so around 113 for a perfect SP with his current layout. If he puts the 3a in the second half it would be around 114. This will hopefully takes some of that pressure off to do a 4loop in the free. Yeah its kinda pointless guessing his game plan but I'm so darn curious about how kuyashii he is at the moment 

I think the only way he could get the 3A in the second half would be if he completely redid the SP from scratch. Music cut and everything, because there's just no way to squeeze it in as it is. And even if he somehow managed, he'd have to rush it all even more than in CoR. He was able to get the combo in the second half because it was close to the limit, but the 3A is too far. And also, what @Moria Polonius said. (I wasn't sure about that anymore ^_^; )

Also, I doubt he'll get any real inflation. Yuzu doesn't usually. But ignoring the US nationals, the closest anyone got to his highest score this season was still farther than they were behind him in Pyeongchang, IIRC. I doubt he'll be worrying that much about the SP, to be honest. He knows he can do better than CoR and none of the others have proven to be a truly realistic threat so far. However, this season has proven that SP advantage can vanish very easily, so FS will be the trickier one, IMO.

25 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I think the only way he could get the 3A in the second half would be if he completely redid the SP from scratch. Music cut and everything, because there's just no way to squeeze it in as it is. And even if he somehow managed, he'd have to rush it all even more than in CoR. He was able to get the combo in the second half because it was close to the limit, but the 3A is too far. And also, what @Moria Polonius said. (I wasn't sure about that anymore ^_^; )

Also, I doubt he'll get any real inflation. Yuzu doesn't usually. But ignoring the US nationals, the closest anyone got to his highest score this season was still farther than they were behind him in Pyeongchang, IIRC. I doubt he'll be worrying that much about the SP, to be honest. He knows he can do better than CoR and none of the others have proven to be a truly realistic threat so far. However, this season has proven that SP advantage can vanish very easily, so FS will be the trickier one, IMO.

Yeah that is true. I was actually trying to think of the music edits too before knowing about the new rules. Maybe its good bc the current layout is perfect for what it's trying to achieve. its been 3 months so we never know what other "classified information" Yuzu has backstage with Otonal and Origin. But starting from scratch might not be a great idea with Yuzu since he is know for building up his programs and not rebuilding them. It means he's already got a good draft to start with. 

Spoiler

sometimes I try to think US nats is a fake competition and then I watch something like euro and 4cc and I see what judges can do internationally. I'm one of those ppl who sorta try to lower my expectation at the moment with the current state of figure skating lol 

22 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

The anti-Zagitova rule. :68468287:

lol funny how it actually works against Alina seeing her meltdown in the free this season now that theres this rule. jk its deeper than this 

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

I fully agree here.   The energetic mood of the second half requires many quick movements and its flow would be sabotaged by a jump at that point.  Right now the program works dramatically, moving from the strong, imperative moves going right along with the music and then, after that big spin taking off rapidly into a frenetic, passionate sequence with it all climaxing with the final spin, but the ending is really a touch of genius, coming to a conclusion with a soft gesture accompanied by a soft chord in the music.  Every time I watch this program I become more impressed by it.  It's in the vein of Chopin but I think its progression and coherence are immeasurably better than Chopin.  As far as I'm concerned it's the best short program Yuzu has skated and the reason is its dramatic coherence from beginning to end.  Any jump in the last half would, quite simply, destroy the whole edifice.  Considering the scores he's racked up with this program my advice is 'if it's not broken it doesn't need fixing'.  

When do we get the 2019 Worlds schedule?  i want to make sure my schedule is clear for the men's SP and free skate.  I'm assuming it'll be overnight for me since I'm in the US but I want to make sure I won't collapse during work or school the next day either.

Also, any idea how much men's SP/FS Autumn classic and all event tickets for 2020 worlds will be?  I just found out that I can just take unpaid time off if I don't have enough vacation time so I'm already budgeting for these events.  I was so worried that this would be Yuzu's last year so I'm so grateful that he already announced another season so I have time to save when I'm finally done with school.

I know it's early, but if anyone is interested in sharing a room or something, let's make plans in this thread or pm me.  Even if we just get the same hotel room we could share ubers or something to help cut costs.

9 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

When do we get the 2019 Worlds schedule?  i want to make sure my schedule is clear for the men's SP and free skate.  I'm assuming it'll be overnight for me since I'm in the US but I want to make sure I won't collapse during work or school the next day either.

Also, any idea how much men's SP/FS Autumn classic and all event tickets for 2020 worlds will be?  I just found out that I can just take unpaid time off if I don't have enough vacation time so I'm already budgeting for these events.  I was so worried that this would be Yuzu's last year so I'm so grateful that he already announced another season so I have time to save when I'm finally done with school.

I know it's early, but if anyone is interested in sharing a room or something, let's make plans in this thread or pm me.  Even if we just get the same hotel room we could share ubers or something to help cut costs.

Is this what you mean? http://wfc2019.jp/eng/schedule.html 

It doesn't say what time the events finish, but generally Free Skates are about 4 hours (1 hour per group).

1 hour ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Perfect!  Thanks

I looked up a torrent site and the Match Arena broadcast for Helsinki Men's SP was 4 hours as well. They usually broadcast the whole competition. There were 36 guys. The broadcast for Ladies SP was 4h45 min (:dbana:) for 37 ladies. In 2018 it was 4h50 min for 37 guys (I actuallynsat through yhem all in the arena, I have no idea how, though.) We don't know how many skaters there are going to be (There are currently 36 prognosed)  but the SPs are probably going to take 4-5 hours.

43 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Also, any idea how much men's SP/FS Autumn classic and all event tickets for 2020 worlds will be? 

Autumn Classic was pretty cheap. I think I paid $60 or $65 CDN for two days, all access. The price is probably dependent on where they hold it though - so far it's been at smaller suburban rinks. If it came to one of the big arenas, I'd predict the price to double. 

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I know, I really should ignore comments like this one, but the reasoning of some people just fascinates me :1:

Reveal hidden contents

"Another fannyu video... OMG, When will you fall off? Why are you talking about Nathan again in this video only as a jumper? Is this some kind of mantra for believers to be complacent? Nathan Chen has an outstanding choreography! He is Comprehensively Developed skater! He is in no way inferior to Hanyu in the presentation, and in technology he is far superior to him. And yes, you fear Nathan for good reason.

[...]

o no, fanyu never act so directly. They want to leave the impression of themselves as neutral fans. But the false is perfectly visible. So that everyone without exception (starting with the audience and ending with the judges know that Nathan has only an attack on the quad, but Hanyu has an experience). And I do not see any choreographic beauty in Hanyu and Brown programs, I don’t like them at all. Do not need anyone to impose your opinion.Why do you rivet all these biased videos and dump them on the Internet? Leave such videos in your closed fan forums."

#Footnote: I won't delete my channel. :animated-smileys-animals-047:

What makes me laugh the most about that is that is the quality of the language used...must be a Google Translate special. 

In reality, we can predict all we want but no one knows what'll happen at Worlds. Ice is slippery. I know Yuzu's going to do everything in his power to win, and that's a force to be reckoned with, and that's all I need to know. 

49 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I already added the events. As always, they are in your local time:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Spoiler