General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, Moria Polonius said:

Re: Brian's spinning

They also implied that Yuzu was fine when he was wasn't.. :cry: How can trust any word concerning Yuzu's condition coming out Brian's mouth? I'm afraid of getting my hopes up too much, no matter whether Brian's trying to spin Yuzu's condition as better or worse than he really is.

But there wasn't any information. Everything is top secret. And he could do all steps and spins month ago. Everything is okay.

I guess the drought has me so desperate for anything new about Yuzu that my brain is really grasping at straws.

See... one of my cats likes to get my attention by coming up to the side of my chair, putting one paw on the seat, and then grabbing my waist with the other paw (with her claws out for good measure). She's a tiny, tiny cat, and it would be so much easier for her to go for my leg or something, but noooo, always the waist.

She's been doing it for years, but this time, I thought, "She's like a clumsy, female, feline Javi who must never be allowed near Yuzu." :8:

9 hours ago, Paskud said:

Now I want to know Zuzu's 4a and Boyang's 4lz stats :tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5:

maybe Ghislain can hand us Nessie's stats  actually we have some stats from Performlive, tho of course they are not recent: Boyang's 4Lz and 4 Lz by Yuzuru and Nathan (notice how Nathan had improved the height and time of flight last season, I'd be curious to know if he has further improved this season too). Oh no, it makes me miss Yuzu's 4Lz :tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg: it was so amazing even with that landing tbh (that poor ankle tho)

I've found this very interesting too, it made me realize the way Plushenko places his arms during the jump is more similar to Boyang's and Nathan's while Yuzuru uses them in a very different way. I think Yagudin's arms placement is slightly more similar, but not quite equal.

Some interesting points about jumps here too, it's about Satoko but there are some general considerations too... this part: "Since I collected and measured data about figure skating, I noticed that the best jump is the jump who is executed with a good balance between height and length, without effort." I think it could apply well to Yuzuru:tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

3 hours ago, ruruzest said:

:img_21:

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

that was so beautiful and so touching and so true:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

I hope Yuzuru can see it. Ok, maybe he would be :embSwan: at being portrayed as an angel (tho that Swan costume is quite angel-like) but it's absolutely true that his skating makes the world happy:10742289:

On 2/10/2019 at 10:01 AM, makebelieveup said:

Reveal hidden contents

spoiler because i dont want to advertise too much about our site here LOL and I feel so excluded :sorrow:It's actually me and Yuzuangel who created together LOL but Ladylou helped with sharing the entire 4CC videos, @Salior who created us bilibili accounts and other accounts, and other video owners (tinylorando, dasani, blueflame...etc.) who gave me permission to upload and embed several of their videos. Also, want to say thanks to those who tweeted about Yuzu needing videos for image training since its my main motivation (not like it will reach him) lol I just want to give them all credits! Also, we would love to have you guys post in our topic discussions too!! Hope this site survive :headdesk2:

I can see my future time slipping away... But I'm so glad there's a place we can go to for videos, and especially one that loves Yuzuru. What an awesome job. Congrats to everyone who made this happen

14 hours ago, shanshani said:

A weird number of people seem convinced that Yuzu won’t add back his 4Lo and I’m scratching my head as to why. Yeah, sure, he got injured on it, but skaters don’t just stop jumping something because they got injured doing it. The circumstances around 4Lz were very different.

I think for a lot of them that's wishful thinking.  

14 hours ago, shanshani said:

Sure, he definitely has a lower success rate on it/it puts more strain on his body, so strategically if Nathan/Shoma mess up their shorts he might decide not to put it in. But I would be very, very surprised if he wasn't at least planning on jumping it in his FS.

I would be surprised if he didn't go for it even if they do mess up unless he's still seriously injured.  He's never been known for playing it safe and when he finally listened to Brian at 2017 Autumn Classic his FS was disastrous.

10 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

....but these are two different instances? I mean, for what it's worth, both measurement could actually be accurate enough, and the second measurement doesn't necessarily invalidate the first one (it can really be that Yuzu happened to jump bigger on the second instance compared to the first instance).

I'd really like to know the measurement setup for ice scope... :think:

I'm pretty sure you're right.  I used Dataman's method for measurement  on the salchow and the length was approximately double Yuzu's height, making it just under 3.5 meters long.

... er... of course I didn't put a ruler up to my computer screen :mischief:

15 hours ago, yuzupon said:

A comparison, since I do not think that's accurate:

This is so clever.  Now I want to collect any still photo of a jump I ever see so I can measure.

Additional examples for comparison.

Nathan's height = 166 cm.  

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/02/16/sports/olympics/nathan-chen-mens-figure-skating.html

Shoma' height = 158 cm.  Did they overlap some of the frames on the second pic?  I know his jumps are smaller but he wouldn't be able to do the jump if they were that small.  Maybe it's the angle.  I need to find that twitter vid of Shoma's axel.

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2019/02/c573391f7ac7-figure-skating-uno-asserts-practice-makes-perfect-ahead-of-worlds.html

oops, just realized that Performlive had all the stats listed.  Oh well, still interesting to see the stills side by side.

eta: just realized that Performlive has Yuzu listed at 170 cm instead of 172.  

10 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

....but these are two different instances? I mean, for what it's worth, both measurement could actually be accurate enough, and the second measurement doesn't necessarily invalidate the first one (it can really be that Yuzu happened to jump bigger on the second instance compared to the first instance).

I'd really like to know the measurement setup for ice scope... :think:

8 hours ago, kaeryth said:

That's the 3A though? The program used 4S (mainly because of Rika saying she's studying Yuzu's 4S).

and @Old Cat Lady

That's why it's a comparison... I find it hard to believe that his 4S will be of less length (and height-the twitter thread counted the height of the jump at 77+cm) than his 3A. I don't really know how Ice Scope works as well (is this the work of Ice Scope even?), but from the picture, it looks like the camera angle is slightly slanted. 

1 hour ago, yuzupon said:

That's why it's a comparison... I find it hard to believe that his 4S will be of less length (and height-the twitter thread counted the height of the jump at 77+cm) than his 3A. I don't really know how Ice Scope works as well (is this the work of Ice Scope even?), but from the picture, it looks like the camera angle is slightly slanted. 

Well, the 4S stats looks to be from Olympic Chopin which had the SE sandwich transition while the 3A photo was taken during practice sessions where he's more relaxed and doesn't do as much crazy transitions. Honestly, until we have actual ice scope or maybe another Data Man documentary where they measured his 4T we can only speculate. But it sure is interesting seeing those figures.

17 hours ago, shanshani said:

A weird number of people seem convinced that Yuzu won’t add back his 4Lo and I’m scratching my head as to why. Yeah, sure, he got injured on it, but skaters don’t just stop jumping something because they got injured doing it. The circumstances around 4Lz were very different.

Yeah. At Helsinki practices, 4Lo was one of the jumps he was practicing the most, being apparently frustrated that landing the jump was difficult on that ice (many skaters had problems with the ice at this competition). He clearly wants to include the jump this season (and he LOVES the jump). So, yeah, I'm pretty sure 4Lo will be back at worlds.