General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Yuzu's 4S Stat

I need more of this. What’s the height and distance on his 4T? 3A? What about Boyang’s 4Lz? Nate’s jumps? (I know they’ve used the ice scope thing on Shoma’s 3A, have they used it on his other jumps?) Why isn’t there a big set of data on all of the jumps this season ahhh

1 minute ago, shanshani said:

A weird number of people seem convinced that Yuzu won’t add back his 4Lo and I’m scratching my head as to why. Yeah, sure, he got injured on it, but skaters don’t just stop jumping something because they got injured doing it. The circumstances around 4Lz were very different.

I'm suprised people think there is 0% probability we will ever see Yuzu's 4lz. I know this jump has very little priority and totally not worth it and in this season absolutely out of question. But overall it's not imposible.

17 minutes ago, shanshani said:

A weird number of people seem convinced that Yuzu won’t add back his 4Lo and I’m scratching my head as to why. Yeah, sure, he got injured on it, but skaters don’t just stop jumping something because they got injured doing it. The circumstances around 4Lz were very different.

Agreed. He landed multiple 4lo and the success rate is very good. I'm quite confidence that he will get it back soon. He had an almost career ending injury back in 2016 because of 4T but slowly he found a right way and it become his most consistent quad in 2016-17 season. 

For 4Lo - like for 4Lz, though obviously to a lesser extent - I think it depends on the state of his ankle. While not as stressful to the ankle as 4Lz, 4Lo is more stressful than 4S and 4T. Depending on how healed his ankle is, we may or may not see 4Lo. I suspect Yuzu's strategy going into Worlds will be much like Olys last year. Aim for 4Lo and then only use it if necessary. (However, he had more time to prepare, so I believe 4Lo should be more ready now than it was for Olys.)

15 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

For 4Lo - like for 4Lz, though obviously to a lesser extent - I think it depends on the state of his ankle. While not as stressful to the ankle as 4Lz, 4Lo is more stressful than 4S and 4T. Depending on how healed his ankle is, we may or may not see 4Lo. I suspect Yuzu's strategy going into Worlds will be much like Olys last year. Aim for 4Lo and then only use it if necessary. (However, he had more time to prepare, so I believe 4Lo should be more ready now than it was for Olys.)

Sure, he definitely has a lower success rate on it/it puts more strain on his body, so strategically if Nathan/Shoma mess up their shorts he might decide not to put it in. But I would be very, very surprised if he wasn't at least planning on jumping it in his FS.

33 minutes ago, shanshani said:

Sure, he definitely has a lower success rate on it/it puts more strain on his body, so strategically if Nathan/Shoma mess up their shorts he might decide not to put it in. But I would be very, very surprised if he wasn't at least planning on jumping it in his FS.

I don't know about Shoma , but I don't expect Nathan to ever again bomb SP THAT much. At least not because pressure. And remember, with fall and no combo, if judges like you, you're still able to score 90+ :banginghead:

So 4lo will be rather needed.