General Yuzuru Chat

“Boyang... Boyang” We now know how Yuzu calls Boyang Jin

I wonder in which language they communicate. Doubt that Chinese or Japanese work? So English maybe?

If TCC is overcrowded, they may consider to join forces and build the "YuBo"-quality-skating-learning-and-doing-alliance :laughing:

Would be fun to watch.

I know it's off-topic for this thread but for those who haven't been keeping track at 4CC Jun is in second,  Jason's in sixth and Nam's in eighth.  This is continuing to be Jun's breakout year and I think it almost certain he'll be seen as a medal contender in Worlds.  One additional note - Nathan isn't there even though the competition is in his neighborhood.  I would have thought he would be wanting to show off for the home-town folks.

3 minutes ago, micaelis said:

I know it's off-topic for this thread but for those who haven't been keeping track at 4CC Jun is in second,  Jason's in sixth and Nam's in eighth.  This is continuing to be Jun's breakout year and I think it almost certain he'll be seen as a medal contender in Worlds.  One additional note - Nathan isn't there even though the competition is in his neighborhood.  I would have thought he would be wanting to show off for the home-town folks.

We have a thread for 4CC men's event if you'd like to post about it, please do it there:

1 hour ago, Whee1000 said:

i think it can mean a couple different things. Can we chalk it up to cultural differences? lol

For the record, I always thought the gesture meant exactly what Yuzu was using it to mean. I only saw an online article with the headline saying it meant that other thing and assumed you younger and social media savvy people would know better than I did, lol.  I don't remember if it was as British paper or an American one... but it's funny, just the same, lol!!

Edit: I remember... I saw it in both the Daily Mail and the New York Post... so both sides of the little pond are making fun of that emoji.

15 minutes ago, liv said:

For the record, I always thought the gesture meant exactly what Yuzu was using it to mean. I only saw an online article with the headline saying it meant that other thing and assumed you younger and social media savvy people would know better than I did, lol.  I don't remember if it was as British paper or an American one... but it's funny, just the same, lol!!

Edit: I remember... I saw it in both the Daily Mail and the New York Post... so both sides of the little pond are making fun of that emoji.

But in all honesty, using it to describe a man's size, as it were, is not really a different usage of the emoji, which really just means 'small' and can refer to anything you wish

11 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

But in all honesty, using it to describe a man's size, as it were, is not really a different usage of the emoji, which really just means 'small' and can refer to a anything

Just be careful in the context you use it... there seem to be many articles online saying it means specifically that...

LOL. we are so dry we are talking about emojis... we really need water...

30 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

I don’t know what Yuzu is saying but he is super playful in this video, especially in the beginning.

But Shoma looks so sad, maybe just cultural?  

I don't think he looks sad so much as phlegmatically solemn, which is just totally Shoma...

And hey, at least this time they got a chair he could get onto without a fight!:10814716:

12 時間前, SuperMinさんが言いました:

I don’t know what Yuzu is saying but he is super playful in this video, especially in the beginning.

But Shoma looks so sad, maybe just cultural?  

Shoma was very sleepy. When Yuzu was talking, Nobu was trying to wake him up with gesture, and he noticed at 5:16 . Nobu said, " Shoma, wake up! " at 7:26~.