General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

But.... But... He didn't answer the question ...:sad4:. I want details!

Pfft!:dozey: was this on that "other" forum? I bet I can guess within 2 tries as to who it was. That's what I can't stand about them - there's such a huge double standard about the way they moderate over there.

This reminds me. Do you guys think it would be feasible to create a Fanyu network to help each other with costs of travel? We could host each other or if you're not comfortable having people in your home share the costs of an Airbnb or something like that. Unfortunately not much goes on in MN but I'd be happy to share my guest room or split the cost of a room somewhere else.

Spoiler

Nah, this wasn't on GS and I don't think she moderates anything. Although I do see her being judgmental about "bad fans" pretty regularly.

It would be awesome if we could coordinate on travel somehow. It's so expensive :13877886: anything to defray the costs. I imagine sharing AirBnBs will probably be most realistic.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

This is why, if he ever joins a Stars On Ice tour (seems unlikely though), I'll be paying almost any price for a ticket. It's unlikely I'd ever be able to get to one of the Japanese shows he does so I wait in hopes he'll do one in North America some day. 

Although I'm quite happy to work my way to seeing competitions too. 

Is it hard to get tickets to Japanese Ice shows? Or is it just too far away? I was thinking of maybe trying for one since Japan is fairly close to me.

8 minutes ago, shanshani said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Nah, this wasn't on GS and I don't think she moderates anything. Although I do see her being judgmental about "bad fans" pretty regularly.

It would be awesome if we could coordinate on travel somehow. It's so expensive :13877886: anything to defray the costs. I imagine sharing AirBnBs will probably be most realistic.

Is it hard to get tickets to Japanese Ice shows? Or is it just too far away? I was thinking of maybe trying for one since Japan is fairly close to me.

For me it's both... I'm literally on the other side of the world from Japan and there's no way I could make the cost of any trip there come in under $3000. Also, the Japanese have a unique system for ticket sales that effectively shuts out overseas ticket purchasers, as far as I can tell...

37 minutes ago, shanshani said:
  Hide contents

It's really hard to get tickets to anything in Japan as a foreigner, even if there are tickets to spare. Have a look in the 100+ page Worlds thread for an idea of how soul-crushing the process can be. :13877886: They've recently made it even harder for foreign fans to get tickets by shutting down lottery applications for anyone without a Japanese mobile phone number, as well. 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Seriously. In this particular case, there's probably also Shoma fans who've given up on going since he won't be, after all. It's not just fanyus. 

I'm sorry to post this here, but I flew in today to watch Four Continents and hearing this devastated me as I like Shoma, even though Yuzuru is my favorite <3 When I went to find more info on Shoma pulling out, I couldn't find anything. Can you please let me know where you heard this from?

1 hour ago, Nighticeswan said:

I'm sorry to post this here, but I flew in today to watch Four Continents and hearing this devastated me as I like Shoma, even though Yuzuru is my favorite <3 When I went to find more info on Shoma pulling out, I couldn't find anything. Can you please let me know where you heard this from?

Please refer to what @Vulnavia said, right after you posted this. I thought he'd said he was withdrawing from both but it seems I'm mistaken. 

5 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

The medal ceremony at ACI was really fun, it brings back the memories <3  I think Roman was just really distracted by all the photographers, cameras and maybe by the fact the the two-time Olympic champion was standing next to him so he simply didn't notice what Yuzu wanted :laughing: But I'm laughing how he explained it, he's funny :68468287:

Btw, I came across one of his videos and sorry for being OT but he talked a bit about 4A too and it's really good:

Reveal hidden contents

I sat down and watched that whole video and I agree 100% with what he's saying. 

I started a topic in community meetups for anyone interested in trying to set up a travel community.

How bad is it that I'm trying to push my wedding to January so I can use my vacation time to go to Autumn Classic? Maybe hell will freeze over and Yuzu ends up at Skate America in Vegas so I can see him after the wedding.