General Yuzuru Chat

27 minutes ago, shanshani said:

Aww, some people are just bad at reading social cues like me

mild vent, unrelated

Hide contents

someone called me one of "those" Yuzu fans because I gave away my 4CC tickets since I didn't want to spend $2000+ dollars and 2 days flying over the Pacific both directions without seeing Yuzu. where's the eyeroll emoji? honestly, the sheer ridiculousness of the comment is keeping me awake.

And some people would rather be a little uncomfortable than embarrass someone who can't read their cues, like me, and probably Yuzu on that podium. I hope no one is mad at Roman for that!

Also, somewhat off topic, his vlogs are hilarious.

Hide contents

One of "those" Yuzu fans as in the generous ones who will give away their tickets so that someone else can go who wouldn't have been able to, you mean? :snpeace:

It's not like you threw them away and now those seats will stay empty. I'm assuming you gave them to a human being and not some invisible creature from another dimension.

1 minute ago, KatjaThera said:
  Hide contents

Just out of curiosity, by "gave away", you mean actually gave away for free? Because if so, it's even more ridiculous they complain.

But actually it's ridiculous anyway. They complain when Yuzu fans flock to competitions and buy lots of tickets, because 'they don't leave room for fans of other skaters'. And then they complain again when Yuzu fans give up their tickets when Yuzu doesn't compete, because 'they're not true fans of the sport'. Where are the fans of other skaters, then, though, the true fans of the sport to fill the arenas instead of 'those shallow Yuzu fans'? Because one rarely gets to see them. :idk: 

They're just ridiculous and it's best to ignore them. But the FS world is in for a rude awakening when Yuzu retires, that's for sure. It's only then they'll realize how much money Yuzu fans have brought into the sport.

Spoiler

Yup, I did give away the tickets for free. They were expensive too :13877886:, but I already figured there was a good chance Yuzu wouldn't go so when I bought them I made sure I was okay with eating the loss if he didn't. Fortunately I got the groupon prices instead of the $$$ regular tickets. I saw a bunch of people trying to resell and have little luck with it, so I decided that I would rather give someone the opportunity to see the competition who might otherwise not have than try (and struggle and fail--I hate selling stuff lol) to get my money back.

I see this person being judgmental about fans who only watch their favs all the time, so that contributes to me being extra annoyed with them, since they never seem to realize that people sometimes have priorities in their life other than figure skating, and that's okay.

2 minutes ago, utsukushii3A said:

Hide contents

One of "those" Yuzu fans as in the generous ones who will give away their tickets so that someone else who wouldn't have been able to go, you mean? :snpeace: 

It's not like you threw them away and now those seats will stay empty. I'm assuming you sold them to a human being and not some invisible creature from another dimension. 

Spoiler

Yup, exactly.

19 minutes ago, shanshani said:
  Hide contents

Yup, I did give away the tickets for free. They were expensive too :13877886:, but I already figured there was a good chance Yuzu wouldn't go so when I bought them I made sure I was okay with eating the loss if he didn't. Fortunately I got the groupon prices instead of the $$$ regular tickets. I saw a bunch of people trying to resell and have little luck with it, so I decided that I would rather give someone the opportunity to see the competition who might otherwise not have than try (and struggle and fail--I hate selling stuff lol) to get my money back.

I see this person being judgmental about fans who only watch their favs all the time, so that contributes to me being extra annoyed with them, since they never seem to realize that people sometimes have priorities in their life other than figure skating, and that's okay.

Hide contents

Yup, exactly.

Don’t lose sleep over it.  You did nothing wrong.  Some people just can’t help throwing their opinions around even though it was never asked for. FS should be thankful Yuzu has fans who are willing to travel across the world to see him.  You are not obligated to spend money the ways others want you to. 

Good Lord, are they still going on about those fanyus that take up all the tickets - and on and on and on ... meh - take plenty of no notice as my old mother says on a regular basis.🙄

2 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

Good Lord, are they still going on about those fanyus that take up all the tickets - and on and on and on ... meh - take plenty of no notice as my old mother says on a regular basis.🙄

Especially for these 4CC, there are PLENTY of tickets.  Agree, double 🙄🙄

I'm from South America- I've never been able to travel abroad to attend a figure skating competition and I'd only spend that kind of money if I knew I'd see Yuzuru compete (I know I never will though lol). I don't care if that makes me a "fake fan of the sport". People have no right to tell others how they should spend their own money...

aw @shanshani I'm so sorry, just ignore all those idiotic comments.

Spoiler

It's not like "true fans" are exactly eager to grab the avaliable tickets. Maybe those complaining should use the same energy and time they spend policing others actually supporting figure skating. Like, you know, going to comps all around the world, and not making any fan feel uwanted.

Also, despite how much powerful fanuys are, sadly they did not invent reselling :dancingpooh::P

Roman, can't help but love that reply :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw: 

That awkward moment (plus the one on the podium LOL) was one of the best moments of ACI (form audience perspective) :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

I'll try to watch more of his vlogs when I have time, I like his 'style', witty and very honest. And he has a whole studio in there whoa :bow:

also, he is a Sal lover:img_21: but when he said "make the season a little longer"...:tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380:

ACI always gives us fond memories yeah despite the early season, messed spins and burning kuyashii

we had the case of the right glove last season + this :peekapooh: (and another Yuzu-Javi podium:tumblr_inline_n2pjcy6tMv1qdlkyg:), and the season before we had Yuzu trying 3A with bouquet (trying to up his goe, uh? too bad it dind't work and Misha Ge had to pick him up):xD:

And the many fancams. And pics :tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw:

16 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

:smiley-laughing021:

But.... But... He didn't answer the question ...:sad4:. I want details!

4 hours ago, shanshani said:

Aww, some people are just bad at reading social cues like me

mild vent, unrelated

Hide contents

someone called me one of "those" Yuzu fans because I gave away my 4CC tickets since I didn't want to spend $2000+ dollars and 2 days flying over the Pacific both directions without seeing Yuzu. where's the eyeroll emoji? honestly, the sheer ridiculousness of the comment is keeping me awake.

Pfft!:dozey: was this on that "other" forum? I bet I can guess within 2 tries as to who it was. That's what I can't stand about them - there's such a huge double standard about the way they moderate over there.

This reminds me. Do you guys think it would be feasible to create a Fanyu network to help each other with costs of travel? We could host each other or if you're not comfortable having people in your home share the costs of an Airbnb or something like that. Unfortunately not much goes on in MN but I'd be happy to share my guest room or split the cost of a room somewhere else.

1 hour ago, LadyLou said:

Roman, can't help but love that reply :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw: 

That awkward moment (plus the one on the podium LOL) was one of the best moments of ACI (form audience perspective) :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

I'll try to watch more of his vlogs when I have time, I like his 'style', witty and very honest. And he has a whole studio in there whoa :bow:

also, he is a Sal lover:img_21: but when he said "make the season a little longer"...:tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380:

ACI always gives us fond memories yeah despite the early season, messed spins and burning kuyashii

The medal ceremony at ACI was really fun, it brings back the memories <3  I think Roman was just really distracted by all the photographers, cameras and maybe by the fact the the two-time Olympic champion was standing next to him so he simply didn't notice what Yuzu wanted :laughing: But I'm laughing how he explained it, he's funny :68468287:

Btw, I came across one of his videos and sorry for being OT but he talked a bit about 4A too and it's really good:

Spoiler

29 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

I regret not appreciating 16/17 season as much as I should have... It had the best SP in history and healthy GPF/World Champion Yuzu, it couldn't have been more perfect! Take me back, please! I'm excited for next year though. 

Yuzu has had and continues to have an amazing career and I agree 16/17 season was amazing.  I think 2017 Worlds really shows his drive to perfection when others skate well.

I don’t think anyone can predict his health at this point.  Unlike Shoma and Nathan, Yuzu has been at the top of his game for 8-9 years, that’s so unusual for figure skating so it’s like an unknown. I’ve said this many times...I hope Yuzu can enjoy his skating and is happy with his performances. As long as he is performing as best as he can at any moment, he should be happy.

Maybe I’m in the minority but I love his skating expression more than his jumps.  Sakura fairy with only a delayed single axel is an example. He’s emotive in his skating and no other current skater is able to compete with that. 

He is already a legend so everything else is a bonus for me. 

2 hours ago, SuperMin said:

Maybe I’m in the minority but I love his skating expression more than his jumps.  Sakura fairy with only a delayed single axel is an example. He’s emotive in his skating and no other current skater is able to compete with that. 

This is why, if he ever joins a Stars On Ice tour (seems unlikely though), I'll be paying almost any price for a ticket. It's unlikely I'd ever be able to get to one of the Japanese shows he does so I wait in hopes he'll do one in North America some day. 

Although I'm quite happy to work my way to seeing competitions too. 

7 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

Good Lord, are they still going on about those fanyus that take up all the tickets - and on and on and on .

Seriously. In this particular case, there's probably also Shoma fans who've given up on going since he won't be, after all. It's not just fanyus.