General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, LadyLou said:

Whoa that was fast :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg: 

*preparing for another emo afternoon*

ETA

Re: Yuzu's A spins, my personal taste rates  owg chopin (hand behind his back) > Origin (hand on head) > usual one (bands on legs). Though it depends on the program, the one in LGC would have had the potential for...being not good 😅 but the speed and music make it go in the blink of an eye so I'm fine with that, I don't even really register: ah there's A spin.

Though... sorry Zu but A spin in is the only part of RJ1 that I don't like :68556365:it was just toooooo long. this imo shows that good speed is essential to aestethically save that spin.

But...there are other A spins that look very good, Boyang's is a bit more open so looks better to me and iirc Deniss too? Or was Roman Sadovsky?

But actually I once saw A-spin from some older skater, I think he was northamerican?not sure who tho) and it was awesome. Again, his legs made a very wide angle 

It's occurred to me that maybe A-spin position is one of those things that made Yuzu complain about having short arms?:10814716: 

Roman's A spin is definitely the best one I've seen. His leg position is better than most and he rotates very quickly so it takes away from the, er, butt factor and it just looks elegant.

40 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Love how Jun uses all the distraction over Yuzu's fall to his advantage to win the race...LOL. they raise them competitive at TCC...

I bet, Team Cricket gives 100% even in a casual pillow fight :laughing:

{...waiting for Joseph's TCC pajama party InstaStory...}

I'd like to say THANK YOU to everyone who pleased us with so many great translations, subs and videolinks over the last few days.

I know how much time and sweat it takes to watch, write and rewatch all the raw content. You really sweetened my week.

ARIGATO GOZAIMASHITA!! :grouphug:

6 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I'd like to say THANK YOU to everyone who pleased us with so many great translations, subs and videolinks over the last few days.

I know how much time and sweat it takes to watch, write and rewatch all the raw content. You really sweetened my week.

ARIGATO GOZAIMASHITA!! :grouphug:

Seconded a hundred times, it makes my day every time I have thought "oh I wish..." and then someone kind has done a translation.

I too am extremely grateful to everyone who does translations for us all -not just to English, which is what I need , but to all the many languages of the multilple nations that make up this forum 💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐

1 hour ago, utsukushii3A said:

I've said it before elsewhere, I'll say it again here (and probably be run off with pitchforks): 

I LOVE A-SPINS.

:snpeace:

Seriously, they look really hard to do. Very impressive athletically.

hey I think there is a special badge for A-spin lovers, @Hydroblade?

so you're not alone:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

anyway, I commend Yuzuru for wanting to try different variations. I'm sad some of the combos he tried at ACI weren't working and he dropped them:sigh:  I know his layback wasn't...top quality but it kinda fit the programs IMO yeah getting emo becase I've rewatched ACI programs tho I also love his current variations :img_20: as for the Plushy spin, well, I don't see anything wrong with that position in particular? And it's only fair Yuzuru uses it in Origin, like he uses Johnny's sit spin in Otonal. I also like that he ends his two programs with different upright.

OT

Jeffey Buttle had a A-spin too, tho not my fave. Maybe the guy with the nice A-spin was Emanuel Sandhu, not sure tho, I remember a longer spin:confused: (also, this was one weird spin:tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:)

1 hour ago, utsukushii3A said:

I've said it before elsewhere, I'll say it again here (and probably be run off with pitchforks): 

I LOVE A-SPINS.

:snpeace:

Seriously, they look really hard to do. Very impressive athletically.

6 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

hey I think there is a special badge for A-spin lovers, @Hydroblade?

so you're not alone:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

anyway, I commend Yuzuru for wanting to try different variations. I'm sad some of the combos he tried at ACI weren't working and he dropped them:sigh:  I know his layback wasn't...top quality but it kinda fit the programs IMO yeah getting emo becase I've rewatched ACI programs tho I also love his current variations :img_20: as for the Plushy spin, well, I don't see anything wrong with that position in particular? And it's only fair Yuzuru uses it in Origin, like he uses Johnny's sit spin in Otonal. I also like that he ends his two programs with different upright.

OT

Jeffey Buttle had a A-spin too, tho not my fave. Maybe the guy with the nice A-spin was Emanuel Sandhu, not sure tho, I remember a longer spin:confused: (also, this was one weird spin:tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:)

I like the A-spin too.  I was sold on it at 2012 worlds, when Yuzu did it before the step sequence.