General Yuzuru Chat

11 minutes ago, Mikusha said:

BlueFlame for Yuzu has uploaded an eng subbed version of Javi's part in 'Another Stories'

Whoa that was fast :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg: 

*preparing for another emo afternoon*

ETA

Re: Yuzu's A spins, my personal taste rates  owg chopin (hand behind his back) > Origin (hand on head) > usual one (bands on legs). Though it depends on the program, the one in LGC would have had the potential for...being not good 😅 but the speed and music make it go in the blink of an eye so I'm fine with that, I don't even really register: ah there's A spin.

Though... sorry Zu but A spin in is the only part of RJ1 that I don't like :68556365:it was just toooooo long. this imo shows that good speed is essential to aestethically save that spin.

But...there are other A spins that look very good, Boyang's is a bit more open so looks better to me and iirc Deniss too? Or was Roman Sadovsky?

But actually I once saw A-spin from some older skater, I think he was northamerican?not sure who tho) and it was awesome. Again, his legs made a very wide angle 

It's occurred to me that maybe A-spin position is one of those things that made Yuzu complain about having short arms?:10814716: 

This interview is so worth reading! Brian gives a lot of insight about Javi in it.

I: How's life in Toronto without Javi?
Brian: "We miss him, a lot. It was funny because the first day he came back I had to pick him up. We had to start skating at 8:25 and I would pick him up at 8:00. When I came to his place he was still sleeping. I started screaming: "Javi, wake up!". It was a fun way to start. We went to the ice and before he put his skates on, Tracy came. As soon as she saw him she burst into tears. And Tracy doesn't cry often. Everyone was very happy to see him, especially Yuzuru. He really missed Javi.
There was a summer day when we had a class and everybody was together in a group, except for Yuzu, who was standing alone, looking up. He was looking up at the Spanish flag. I walked towards him and I didn't realize that he was looking at the flag, I just saw him with his head up. And I saw that he had tears. I asked him: "Are you okay?". And he told me: "I really miss Javi". It was great, it was very beautiful, it's just that he missed having Javi there."

I: It seems crazy to have the two best skaters in the world training together...
Brian: It's unusual but it's worked. I have to say it's really worked for them, but I don't recommemd it for other elite athletes. Also, (Javi and Yuzu) have very different personalities, they couldn't be more different one from the other.

(T/N: I'm picturing Yuzu looking at the flag with teary eyes and I'm emotional :sadPooh:)

7 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

This interview is so worth reading! I'll translate only the parts that mention Yuzu but if any of you Javi fans want to know the rest, just let me know! Brian gives a lot of insight about Javi in it.

I: How's life in Toronto without Javi?
Brian: "We miss him, a lot. It was funny because the first day he came back I had to pick him up. We had to start skating at 8:25 and I would pick him up at 8:00. When I came to his place he was still sleeping. I started screaming: "Javi, wake up!". It was a fun way to start. We went to the ice and before he put his skates on, Tracy came. As soon as she saw him she burst into tears. And Tracy doesn't cry often. Everyone was very happy to see him, especially Yuzuru. He really missed Javi.
There was a summer day when we had a class and everybody was together in a group, except for Yuzu, who was standing alone, looking up. He was looking up at the Spanish flag. I walked towards him and I didn't realize that he was looking at the flag, I just saw him with his head up. And I saw that he had tears. I asked him: "Are you okay?". And he told me: "I really miss Javi". It was great, it was very beautiful, it's just that he missed having Javi there."

I: It seems crazy to have the two best skaters in the world training together...
Brian: It's unusual but it's worked. I have to say it's really worked for them, but I don't recommemd it for other elite athletes. Also, (Javi and Yuzu) have very different personalities, they couldn't be more different one from the other.

(T/N: I'm picturing Yuzu looking at the flag with teary eyes and I'm emotional :sadPooh:)

Thank you so much for the translation, if you could translate shortly what the rest is about, it would be great! 

18 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

Can you believe he is a literal ray of sunshine

6 hours ago, kaeryth said:

6 hours ago, Tee said:

I think I'll stop worrying about worlds.  He has been through so much and accomplished so much that just seeing him continuing to skate is a bonus for me.

He's always been so positive and wise for being so young.

I miss him.

hace 48 minutos , Fay said:

Thank you so much for the translation, if you could translate shortly what the rest is about, it would be great! 

Your wish is my command. I've posted the whole translation on Team Spain! It's a great interview and I want every Javi and TCC fan to be able to read it.

hace 8 minutos , ICeleste said:

https://twitter.com/LaLigaSports/status/1091324400446697472?s=19

I: What differences have you noticed between the Javi who first came to Toronto and Javi now, after 8 years?

Brian: Listening to him now at the press conference, maybe it is his English what has improved a lot. From his first conference until now... Before, he would only say: "I'm just so happy".

But I watched him grow and become responsible. There are some things he always used to forget and I told him: "Have you sent a photo or email to this person?" expecting "no" for an answer but he told me "Yes, I sent it yesterday". Wow, ok. "Have you got your skates checked?" "Yes, I've already given them to X". Wow, when it used to be me who had to take care of that. He's taken all of those responsibilities even for his shows and the camps... There were some days when he had to come early to training to teach kids and there he was. He's more punctual when he's a teacher than when he's a student, he does arrive on time for the kids .

What has been your most important competition alongside him?
Brian: I don't know. There's many, for many different reasons. The first European title was very special. I knew what a challenge it was for an athlete to win Euros. Participating in the European Championship and winning it is huge. I remember that when I skated as a kid, I watched Euros to know who would win. We always knew the European Champions were great skaters, so I knew how important it was for him to win that title first. Also, his first medal at Skate Canada, everyone was crying.
And he's always been grateful. With his family, with the team, he's always said good things about us, about Tracy and David. We've had the same team since the beginning, with no changes, organizing everything. We planned the programs, the music, the costumes... I usually brought the ideas for the music and costumes. And I knew I could put a trashbag on him and he'd have worn it. He's always believed in us and we've always believed in him. That's why it has worked. We've been together for 8 years and he's the student I've been teaching for the longest time. With Yuzu it's been 7 years. Javi could have fired me... but not anymore because it's over (T/N: I guess he means "he's finished his career?), so I'm good, we've overcome it.

I: Everybody in Spain knows Javi.
B: Really?
I: I believe so.
Brian: You know what? The first year he won Euros no one knew who he was. And now they do. But to get there, at first, he had to be consistent with the European titles. And then he has his Worlds titles and Olympic medal. I think that's enough for his name to become known. In addition to all the work by the media supporting him. It's a complete effort.

I: What advice do you give him for his next chapter?

B: You're on your own, friend (joking). Keep being yourself. He has all the tools to be successful in everything he does. He already knows what it's like to work hard, organize, lead people... He can live on his own, counting on people. I'll always be there for him, so will Tracy. Sometimes he asks for advice and I'll always give him my opinion, I'm happy for that and I hope it can continue that way. But now he has all the tools to go on with his life.

Do you think he could be a good coach?
Brian: I think he'll be a great coach when the time comes. I don't think he should start coaching now, because he still has the athletic level (T/N: aka he's still fit) to keep skating as an entertainment. I've told him: do that as long as you can and afterwards you could start coaching. And he'll be a great coach.

4 hours ago, ICeleste said:

Your wish is my command. I've posted the whole translation on Team Spain! It's a great interview and I want every Javi and TCC fan to be able to read it.

This is great.  Thanks.  Really does give insight into Tracy and Brain as coaches and TCC environment.

1 hour ago, SuperMin said:

I'll think I'll stop worrying about worlds.  He has been through so much and accomplished so much that just seeing him continuing to skate is a bonus for me.

That's my view as well. Of course I want him to win, but he has nothing to prove and I'll be happy to see him do what he enjoys the most - skating. 

(well, I say that now but I'm sure I'll go back into nervous mode once worlds begin...)