General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Moria Polonius said:

"Fandom drama"?

I think the general chat is ok for this but if it bothers many people a separate thread makes sense. We could just knock ourselves out there, even rehashing old stuff if we felt like it.

I actually second this idea! Not only to clear up the general chat, but to have a venting place in general - regarding skating stuff. It happens pretty often during competitions and also off-competition that there's gonna be burning debates about this and that, and I think it would be a nice idea to separate those from the rest of the discussions, so that the general atmosphere could be more pacific. 

44 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I actually second this idea! Not only to clear up the general chat, but to have a venting place in general - regarding skating stuff. It happens pretty often during competitions and also off-competition that there's gonna be burning debates about this and that, and I think it would be a nice idea to separate those from the rest of the discussions, so that the general atmosphere could be more pacific. 

I agree as well.

Thank you very much for the translation of the NHK documentary. It was very interesting to read. Dick Button seems to be quite a character. I actually agree with him on several points. Actually I get the feeling that these three people who talked about Yuzuru ended up telling a lot about themselves, between the lines :) For instance, Evgeni Plushenko appears to dream of a confrontation between Yuzuru and his son, or at least someone he trains, to further their epic challenge of each other - and so he is pushing the 5 consecutive Olympics idea :laughing: Not undoable, but at this point I agree again with Dick Button - he's already exceptional, there's nothing left for him to prove. Javier's perspective was very warm and fond, he obviously sees Yuzuru as a friend and cares about him beyond the medals and achievements that they've each wrested from each other during their storied rivalry. I also like how the documentary ended, with basically a challenge to Yuzuru - how far will he go? They know him too well, that boy can never resist a challenge :D

I'm hoping at some point it will be available with subs somewhere, so we can watch it, that would be super!

That NHK documentary is beautiful. Thanks to everyone, who made the effort to translate it. :img_21:

Btw, I can't stop laughing at that Boyang's japaneese reading. Kin Hakuyō - it took me some time to realize that they mean Boyang. Awwww... I love that whole multiple kanji reading thing. :rofl:

3 hours ago, Nutmeg said:

I'm hoping at some point it will be available with subs somewhere, so we can watch it, that would be super!

I think tsukihoshi wants to sub at least part of it, and there's this but idk if she means a subbed video, @kaerb ?

I love the fandom so much:tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

and it looks like fanyus are determined to make me miss Yuzuru more than ever with all that retweeting about LGC (gosh that programs was just SO GOOD? Like, even in ACI practice it was so darn good? Like HOW?) and now GPF14 POTO popped up and I just need to rewatch that one too because I love it so much:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: Actually, it's one of those programs where the jumps are so darn good they alone are worth watching the program again and again. So neat and so clean. So effortless. That's how effortless jumps, with good take off and landings, look like:tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

And that was after those hard, hard weeks (and he would soon get surgery too...) and it just blows my mind, how could everything be so good? HOW?

also, I'm :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: at Yuzuru being all whoops I fell but you love me after that 3Lz fall  :space:

ah I miss the times when a fall didn't make me go :tumblr_inline_mzx91uuLRI1r8msi5:and :59227c768286a__s: and :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

:sigh:

ETA: I think I'm gonna request a yuzumoticon of a Yuzu smiling after a fall. like the 4Lo save at gpf16, how is it possible there are no gifs of that?:omg: or the little smiley shrug after he finished Ballade in GPF14

6 hours ago, LadyLou said:

I think tsukihoshi wants to sub at least part of it, and there's this but idk if she means a subbed video, @kaerb ?

I love the fandom so much:tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

and it looks like fanyus are determined to make me miss Yuzuru more than ever with all that retweeting about LGC (gosh that programs was just SO GOOD? Like, even in ACI practice it was so darn good? Like HOW?) and now GPF14 POTO popped up and I just need to rewatch that one too because I love it so much:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: Actually, it's one of those programs where the jumps are so darn good they alone are worth watching the program again and again. So neat and so clean. So effortless. That's how effortless jumps, with good take off and landings, look like:tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

And that was after those hard, hard weeks (and he would soon get surgery too...) and it just blows my mind, how could everything be so good? HOW?

also, I'm :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: at Yuzuru being all whoops I fell but you love me after that 3Lz fall  :space:

ah I miss the times when a fall didn't make me go :tumblr_inline_mzx91uuLRI1r8msi5:and :59227c768286a__s: and :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

:sigh:

ETA: I think I'm gonna request a yuzumoticon of a Yuzu smiling after a fall. like the 4Lo save at gpf16, how is it possible there are no gifs of that?:omg: or the little smiley shrug after he finished Ballade in GPF14

To me Ballade in GPF 14 is one of the programmes I'm most emotionally attached to, because I remember how relieved I felt once he'd finished it (that accident in China had made quite an impression one me). He looked so calm and simply happy at the end, that, no matter he fell, it was just magical. I remember thinking he looked like he was floating on the ice, looking light and evanescent, yet so strong.

As for LGC at GPF 16, it still remains to me one of his most memorable performances: I think even the save of the loop at the beginning is part of the show actually :snmouchotto:

2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

It seems Mr Button and I have the same pet peeve about those spins. I do hope Yuzu reverts to his beautiful, elegant, perfectly aligned head spin to end Origin. It was lovely. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

To be honest, I'm okay with every spin, transition and sequence of his COR performance minus that infamous 'butt'-spin (the official name is A-spin, if I remember correctly).

Beat me, but this position looks so unaesthetic and sinful to me... :embSwan:

52 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

To be honest, I'm okay with every spin, transition and sequence of his COR performance minus that infamous 'butt'-spin (the official name is A-spin, if I remember correctly).

Beat me, but this position looks so unaesthetic and sinful to me... :embSwan:

His arm makes it work for me. His PC Chopin A-spin was quite nice, too, I thought. Plushenko’s sticking-out head, though, I’ve always been irrationally annoyed by it. I suppose I can just use this as exposure therapy. :P 

10 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Isn't he? He's literally looking back at his "competitors" after the first turn to see how far behind they are :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Well, we all know how it ended.... 

Wonder who the others are.  Could be Boyang in red?