General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I... don't see any issue with what she said, at all? Come on, it's just reaching in this case. Give me real shade a la 'needs to work on his crossrolls' or something. 

It's subtle... Of course she won't shout at him. It's your point of view. 

Hace 1 hora, SparkleSalad said:

@ICeleste Thank you so much! I was hoping someone would try to lip read but didn’t think anyone actually would. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

you're welcome. Javi said much more than what I translated, though... I wanted to understand the full interview but I couldn't even catch half of it. It's frustrating lol I hope JPN-speaking fans will translate the whole thing.

9 hours ago, algtd said:

It's subtle... Of course she won't shout at him. It's your point of view. 

She often sees him with his earphones on during breaks so they don't get to talk much, a fact which Yuzu confirmed. It's a normal answer to a question. Where is the shade? I must be missing something. It is a fact that Yuzu loves his earphones so it wouldn't be much of a surprise if he's using them during breaks, right?

Personally, I don't get the hoopla about what she retweeted (Nathan's protocols) either. If that tweet was tweeted by a fanyu, I would not even bat an eyelash, tbh, and most of the time,  I don't go looking into someone's profile or previous tweets before retweeting something that I came across in my timeline. I mean, the score's ridiculously high, so it's not rocket science that people in the figure skating fandom would be curious enough to go "have at it" and the dissect the protocols. Yes, fanyus were singled out in the tweet (that was the only thing that threw me off a little, given that it's a tweet from a Nate fan, but then Miki could have not known that), but it's not so bad, imo. My initial reaction actually was "I'll have a go at it then :59182a91b7414_cool(1):" and I have seen a number of people on twitter who did dissect the protocols and even made their own. Of course, it's possible that I just suck at English, and "have at it" means entirely different from what I understand it to be. Or there is a nuance I'm not getting.

Disclaimer: I am a fairly new fan (became one after watching Yuzu's short program last Olympics), although I was into watching figure skating (primarily ladies' rather than men's) during the early 2000s (stopped watching after Kwan retired) so I'm not so knowledgeable about Miki Ando and her relationship with Yuzu. Oh, and this is my very first post in this forum after lurking for a while and I'd like to thank you all for all the translations, and many other info on Yuzu that a growing cactus needs.

hace 44 minutos , MeowZu said:

Yuzuru will go crazy and spend all his money on these I'm telling y'all

LMAO I think isn't necesary to Yuzu see it, the chinese and japanese fans are about to buy it for him :176: :laughing: 

And Yuzuvier is alive and better than ever :sadPooh::Poohgaveup:

Yeah, my coworkers would say the exact same thing about me that Ando-san said about Yuzu. I see absolutely nothing offensive about it. A little bit later, Yuzu says he's grateful to Akko-chan for talking for him. I think he's just not very social other than about skating. (shrug) Nothing wrong with that, and I didn't see anyone in the video implying otherwise.

6 hours ago, algtd said:

It's not the 1st time I find miki Ando being a bit... Unpleasant.

Check this interview vid from faoi 2018 (source BlueFlame YouTube) at 5:56 : miki Ando is not very nice to yuzuru and it makes him a bit uncomfortable...

She sees him with "ear plugs" wth. Putting him in a position of a loner. She could talk to him x) 

I think it is ok, what she said. I don't see anything unusual and wouldn't say she is an anti. She is his senior and she seems to be distant in general, so I think this has to be some misunderstanding that got a bit out of hands...

IMO the video is fine, nothing abnormal. Not everyone is close and comfortable with each other, Yuzuru sometimes looked abit awkward with Dai or Patrick, doesn't mean they hate each other. 

As for the RT, to me its weird that Miki manage to find a post with a few RT/Likes and the tone is abit mocking. The OP hate Fanyus and often bashing them so I think that's the reason why some people upset when Miki retweet that. Lots of fans don't like Miki when she said Shoma is the reason why Yuzuru won 2nd OGM and some problematic thing about team event. 

53 minutes ago, Katt said:

IMO the video is fine, nothing abnormal. Not everyone is close and comfortable with each other, Yuzuru sometimes looked abit awkward with Dai or Patrick, doesn't mean they hate each other. 

As for the RT, to me its weird that Miki manage to find a post with a few RT/Likes and the tone is abit mocking. The OP hate Fanyus and often bashing them so I think that's the reason why some people upset when Miki retweet that. Lots of fans don't like Miki when she said Shoma is the reason why Yuzuru won 2nd OGM and some problematic thing about team event. 

What? In what context did she say Yuzu won 2nd OGM coz of Shoma? I saw on Twitter she also said Yuzu is successful because of Javi, but I'm taking it with a grain of salt because it's Twitter. 

17 minutes ago, MeowZu said:

What? In what context did she say Yuzu won 2nd OGM coz of Shoma? I saw on Twitter she also said Yuzu is successful because of Javi, but I'm taking it with a grain of salt because it's Twitter. 

Its in a japanese show, around June-July, I read from Japanese fan's reports on twitter. I try to find some original tweets but I couldn't remember the exact date.  

I am not following Miki on SNS but I have never heard of her comment "Yuzuru is successful because of Javi", I wonder where this came from :think: 

I remember Miki apologized to Yuzuru's fans on twitter saying she was sorry for making them confused about what she said in TV show. To me, Miki and Kozuka are not well spoken when they talk on TV, so I tend not to take them very seriously (I know they are really trying, but still). But this is only my opinion and I don't know how other Japanese fans think:runaway: