General Yuzuru Chat

Those magical 6 weeks. 

We know Yuzuru's been skating on the ice without particular discomfort since some weeks ago. But even considering the chance that he didn't start jumping yet, if he starts at the beginning of February, he will have 6 weeks to peak. So I do believe that he can do it, and I hope he will be at his top shape in Saitama. He's used to have glorious comebacks now, and he's used to extreme pressure. It will also be his first time to skate in Japan since... WTT 2017, wow. 2 Years. I am sure that his desire to compete has never been this strong, except pyeonchang, tbh. 

I just watched the vid of Javi clinching his seventh consecutive European title.  Congratulations to Javi and tears (of joy) all around (I cried after watching it and I'm sure Yuzu must have also).  Javi got his record seventh consecutive win and now retires as skating Grand Master of Spain.  Next tear-fest?  Yuzu's turn at Worlds.  

8 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Yuzu, beware:

Nathan Nathan topped your SP score from ACI 2017 a few minutes ago: 113.42 W.T.F. :embSwan:

Take away 5 pts and you'd get an international score with generous panel. Still worth worrying about for Yuzu. I'm just hoping that with Worlds being in Japan Yuzu will get some benefit of home inflation too.

8 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

Take away 5 pts and you'd get an international score with generous panel. Still worth worrying about for Yuzu. I'm just hoping that with Worlds being in Japan Yuzu will get some benefit of home inflation too.

I think so, too. At Worlds Nathan might get sth around 107 or 108 points for today's short. That's my guess at least...

Yuzu's average SP score this season is +105. All nine jump elements received positive GOE, that's so impressive. He seems to feel very comfortable and confident with Otonal. It's a program he can rely on :2thumbsup: