General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, BWOZWaltz said:

People can pretend to be nice and all smiley but what distinguish a diamond from an artificial gem stone is the quality that never changes. A diamond brilliance never fades away and like Yuzu's genuine appreciation for the fans and the people who support him, it always shine through even in the tiniest details.

Yes. We stan a beautiful gentleman.

By the way, I know it's the prevailing Internet slang for 'to be an intense fan of', but I really don't like using the word 'stan', because it comes from that Eminem song about a nutjob who kills his pregnant girlfriend when he doesn't get a quick enough reply from his idol. I don't like associating that image with Yuzu. 

Maybe we can come up with something different to use? Can we make 'fanyu' a verb maybe? As in 'We fanyu Hanyu' ? 

Okay, things getting interesting now: Exclamation mark vs Fanyu power :1:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LaureusSport/status/1087296676728131585

Seriously: Independent from the comeback-award Yuzu is THE winner of Laureus. Already.

I bet my account that every single nominee, committee member, SM maintainer and occasional viewer has already googled, who this mysterious Hanyu guy with tons of fans is. There's no better advertisement for figure skating, Japanese sport and Olympics 2020.

Wouldn't be surprised, if the committee had a serious quarrel at the round table right now... :laughing:

58 minutes ago, Coquelicot said:

It's pretty funny: Yuzu probably has the most Twitter followers, and he's not even on Twitter.   :winky: 

LOL.  It’s pretty brilliant.  His fans follow accounts of multiple other fans.  So instead of a million people following one account.  He has a million fans following a million accounts leading to a magnitude of tweets.  And we know he trolls some of them.

could it be ...:gla:

OK, now I desperately hope Yuzu can gain the Laurerus Sports Award, because he f***** deserves the title for Comeback of the Year. 

And I think the every member of the committee should do extensive researches on how splendid and magnificent he is.

3 minutes ago, Anzi said:

OK, now I desperately hope Yuzu can gain the Laurerus Sports Award, because he f***** deserves the title for Comeback of the Year. Period.

I wonder if Laurerus can be swayed by the display of his popularity :tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid: honestly if it was up to me he'd be nominated for Sportsman of the year but :14066882:

Ms. Katarina Witt pls help all these dudebros see the light

4 minutes ago, Anzi said:

OK, now I desperately hope Yuzu can gain the Laurerus Sports Award, because he f***** deserves the title for Comeback of the Year. Period.

I hope that he wins the Laureus Sports Award ! Right now he is the first Figure Skater that got Nominated and it would be cool if he would be the first one to win this award !

10 minutes ago, Anony said:

I wonder if Laurerus can be swayed by the display of his popularity :tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid: honestly if it was up to me he'd be nominated for Sportsman of the year but :14066882:

Ms. Katarina Witt pls help all these dudebros see the light

Yes! And this is not just about his popularity. 

It also matters in terms of setting a perfect example of being humble and diligent for every young and elder athletes. It's about how a great personality of an athelet can bring so much hope and postive engergy to societies. It's also about the representation of Asian as well as the representation of FS in a U.S/Euro-dominant sport field.

I had never heard of the Laureus awards - looks very tennis golf and western oriented.  Very swish black tie award ceremonies- can’t imagine him doing the red carpet, limo, black tie thing.  If he goes I hope he wears the Sendai hakama and shows them a bit of  true Japanese elegance.

1 hour ago, Anzi said:

Yes! And this is not just about his popularity. 

It also matters in terms of setting a perfect example of being humble and diligent for every young and elder athletes. It's about how a great personality of an athelet can bring so much hope and postive engergy to societies. It's also about the representation of Asian as well as the representation of FS in a U.S/Euro-dominant sport field.

Considering what the voting panel looks like I'm not getting my hopes up on Yuzuru. But international popularity aside, imo Yuzuru should receive the award for everything you mentioned above and more..... and also winning the Olympics with an Olympic record after 3/4 months of hiatus and still damaged ankle is hella bad*ss so.... 

10 hours ago, Anki said:

I have actually seen amongst fan-wars of Korean and Japanese idol group cases of extreme Antis  who later admitted to be mentally ill from hating someone so much that they had to get treatment, and then after treatment regret they ever became like that.

So yes, a lot of extreme antis are probably mentally unstable to start with or on the way to become mentally unstable, hence why they are irrational. Here, I am not talking about the usual fan of another skater who happen to not like Yuzu's style or feel threatened and criticise him, but the antis that actually spend more time than even Yuzu fans in watching his routine or reading his latest interview just for the opportunity to find anything they can twist negatively.  In my opinion, that is already a level of obsession on the verge of mental problem, and you will find in some cases, they have forgotten to even care for the original rival skater they were supporting.   When you win as many competitions as Yuzu, you are bound to hit a couple of nutcases like that, people who took the defeat of their preferred skater way too personally. 

If I don't like a skater, the normal reaction is I don't want to watch said skater's routines more than once let alone follow his every move or interview.  

Oh, Lord. That is a very good point. I don't remember all the details, but a friend or ex-boyfriend or something of a friend had a few of what could be considered antis in high school. They spent inordinate amounts of time following him around trying to make his life a living hell. Like, just insane amounts of time to focus on someone they supposedly couldn't stand. They all had criminal records before he finished college/uni. (No crimes against him, thank God. I think mostly drugs and theft and stuff.)

It's especially ironic that so many of Yuzu's antis are Daisuke Takahashi fans. Takahashi seems like the last person who would want anyone hating other skaters because of him. Well, tied for the last with... pretty much all of them. I can really only imagine maybe one or two enjoying hatred of their rivals. Big maybe.

7 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Yes. We stan a beautiful gentleman.

By the way, I know it's the prevailing Internet slang for 'to be an intense fan of', but I really don't like using the word 'stan', because it comes from that Eminem song about a nutjob who kills his pregnant girlfriend when he doesn't get a quick enough reply from his idol. I don't like associating that image with Yuzu. 

Maybe we can come up with something different to use? Can we make 'fanyu' a verb maybe? As in 'We fanyu Hanyu' ? 

Seconding, and cloning myself to third, fourth, and fifth this!!

On a more positive note, Yuzu is getting lots of social media attention in favor of him winning the Laureus Award. A lot of fans want to see him in a fancy designer tuxedo. :67638860:

...but all I can think is... how will he find one that fits? :tumblr_inline_mzx91uuLRI1r8msi5:

Thank you all for your very thoughtful and detailed awnsers @Anki @TallyT @SuperMin @KatjaThera @rockstaryuzu @utsukushii3A @Fay (hope I didn't forget anyone !)... Yes let's just focus on good energy :68556365: 

Although the rational part of my brain is telling me that normally when you start following a sport you know that one day, your favorite will retire, or he/she will be defited, or just his/her world record will be broken. It's the normal path of sport, and all of that doesn't undermine what your favorite has acheived. But yeah, if you're unhealthy ... ok topic closed !