General Yuzuru Chat

On 1/18/2019 at 9:31 AM, ralucutzagy said:

When reading the description, I actually think he is more correct than just saying it cause he’s a Fanyu. I actually think Yuzu should be both, but Disclaimer-I am a Fanyu. 

https://awards.laureus.com/nominees/

LAUREUS WORLD SPORTSMAN OF THE YEAR 2019 NOMINEES

Awarded to the sportsman who best demonstrates supreme athletic performance and achievement - such as consecutive or multiple world, continental, international or national and major championship titles or the establishment of world records or best performances

2 hours ago, utsukushii3A said:

Thank you for posting this!

Core Workout for Yuzu Fans who Otherwise Lack Motivation/Focus to Exercise:

Step 1: Play video

Step 2: Copy Yuzu's every move for duration of video

Step 3: Congratulations, you just got a four-minute workout and probably didn't even notice because you were too busy reveling in joy of doing the same thing as Yuzu

Step 3a: If you managed to keep pace with him, be proud of yourself that you can warm up like a 2x Olympic gold medalist (at least for a little while)

Am I the only one who copied him? :laughing:

Haven't yet, but was thinking about it!

2 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

It's one of the most prestigious awards in sports, kinda like Oscar in movies.

Indeed, it is quite famous and prestigious. Maybe less to the mainstream audience (?), but I think most athletes would know of it.

And seeing the athletes so well-dressed for the ceremony is always a plus (Ah, Roger :tumblr_inline_mqt4gvxxtJ1qz4rgp:sorry, can't control the inner fangirl) . Sadly I doubt Yuzu would go in person given the timing. A girl can dream though.

6 hours ago, utsukushii3A said:

Step 3: Congratulations, you just got a four-minute workout and probably didn't even notice because you were too busy reveling in joy of doing the same thing as Yuzu

Step 3a: If you managed to keep pace with him, be proud of yourself that you can warm up like a 2x Olympic gold medalist (at least for a little while)

It might work for all of you but I'm almost 72 years old and need a walker to get around.  Just watching it made my back ache (just joking on that part) but I have to say that in watching that workout of Yuzu's I got the feeling that there was more than physical action involved and that this was part of a ritual he uses when readying to compete that not only works out his body but also his mind and prepares him to focus for those upcoming minutes on the ice.

4 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

It's one of the most prestigious awards in sports, kinda like Oscar in movies.

(& @Veveco) You can tell me that, but I'd never heard of it before Yuzu got nominated...by 'well-known', I mean 'something the world-wide general public would have heard of'...methinks it's prominent in Europe,  more than the rest of the world, and given the number of Europeans on the panel, maybe I'm right?

7 hours ago, utsukushii3A said:

Thank you for posting this!

Am I the only one who copied him? :laughing:

I tried to... my dodgy hip didn't much appreciate it but I may keep going anyway, just to see what happens.

36 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

(& @Veveco) You can tell me that, but I'd never heard of it before Yuzu got nominated...by 'well-known', I mean 'something the world-wide general public would have heard of'...methinks it's prominent in Europe,  more than the rest of the world, and given the number of Europeans on the panel, maybe I'm right?

Probably you're right. It was established and supported by major German and Swiss companies and most award ceremonies were held in Europe (most of them in Monaco). The statuette is also made in Europe by the luxurious company Cartier.

I've heard about it maybe because I'm following sports. But last year when Federer won two awards it was big news here, he was everywhere in newspapers and TV.

55 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Nah, I'm from Europe and didn't know about it. I asked my brother, but he neither.

42 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Sorry, I meant "well-known" as far as sport awards go. Which is not very far compared to movies/music awards, clearly. Even in Europe, I would guess that most people would know more the Ballon d'Or than the Laureus... But it is still prestigious, and I'm glad Yuzu is in the list, absolutely deserved :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: Overall, you don't see much winter sport in the Laureus awards, at least this year, with the OWG it seems a bit more balanced?

On 1/18/2019 at 10:49 PM, sallycinnamon said:

I downloaded it to google drive, here's the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fIA-biM0M8gOlKCUGslfEBViZMXQin3E/view?usp=sharing

It looked like he communicated in a secret sign language with Kikuchi-san?

(also, remember how we speculated if Yuzu does yoga? He was doing cat-cow in the end... and a faster version of it that looked.. funny lol)