General Yuzuru Chat

23 minutes ago, SydneyH said:

Being a Laureus nominee is really a big thing , regardless if he will wins or not , it's really a good thing already , Congrats !! :9:

I immediately googled and yes, it carries a lot of prestige just to be nominated.

Our boy is getting more of the appreciation he deserves...

The Laureus is exciting news, and Yuzuru's in with some tough competition there. Especially against McMorris, who basically walked his way back from near death and near paralysis to get on the Olympic podium in only 10 months. I mean, when they stretchered him off the mountain after his accident, no one knew if he'd even walk again, never mind do flips 2 storeys into the air on a snowboard...

32 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

The Laureus is exciting news, and Yuzuru's in with some tough competition there. Especially against McMorris, who basically walked his way back from near death and near paralysis to get on the Olympic podium in only 10 months. I mean, when they stretchered him off the mountain after his accident, no one knew if he'd even walk again, never mind do flips 2 storeys into the air on a snowboard...

Kudos for the Laureus nomination for Yuzuru. That's a big deal.. and so very deserving.

And, yes, McMorris...I watched that documentary...  and my jaw dropped watching it... from basically near death in the snow from internal injuries (ruptured spleen, pelvic fracture, rib fracture, collapsed lung to name a few) ... and back on the Olympic podium less than a year later.... another very deserving individual!

Wonderful news about the nomination! Even if he doesn’t win, I hope a lot more people take notice of him after this! 

Sorry for the OT and I know it’s already been posted but for those of you who haven’t yet, please take a minute to sign. 

You might remember the Dodds brothers from ACI. Here’s a photo of Andrew with Yuzu make this not so OT. :P 

2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Wonderful news about the nomination! Even if he doesn’t win, I hope a lot more people take notice of him after this! 

Sorry for the OT and I know it’s already been posted but for those of you who haven’t yet, please take a minute to sign. 

You might remember the Dodds brothers from ACI. Here’s a photo of Andrew with Yuzu make this not so OT. :P 

More than just the picture or seeing the Dodds brothers at ACI and finding myself cheering for them quite a lot, the reason I signed that petition is that, as a Yuzu fan, I could do nothing to help when Yuzu's rink was closed down, because I didn't know him then and it was Japan and not that big news, but this now is a chance to try to prevent other skaters, both already seniors and probably many possible up and coming ones, from going through the same thing Yuzu did when his rink was first closed. Only it's actually even worse, because even without knowing much, I can't imagine Australia is that FS friendly, or that commuting to another rink - like Yuzu did the second time his rink was closed, after the earthquake - would be as possible. So, while I'm usually not into petitions, I do support this and I think it'd be a big win for the skating world as a whole, if it worked. (I also think this is one thing that, if Yuzu hears about it, he'll wish he had SNS to help promote it, as it's something he can probably relate to a lot.) So, I really hope a lot of Yuzu fans from all over the world will show support, too! :snpeace:

Btw, there was a video shared recently, from after Sochi, documenting the closing of Ice Rink Sendai and the efforts it took to re-open it. I admit, watching this recently played a big part in my wanting to try to help now (under spoilers, as it's unlisted):

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I'm not sure, if this has been shared somewhere already, but Yuzu has now been officially nominated for the international Laureus Sports Award 2019 in the category 'best comeback of the year'!!  :english1:

DxHbDGVWwAMwkQk?format=jpg&name=large

https://mobile.twitter.com/LaureusSp...90049697345536

The five contenders for this award besides Yuzu are:
CAN Mark McMorris (snowboarding)
NED Bibian Mentel-Spee (snowboarding)
IND Vinesh Phogat (wrestling)
USA Lyndsey Vonn (skiing)
USA Tiger Woods (golf)

All my fingers crossed for Yuzu. He could become the first figure skater ever to win a Laureus!!

The award ceremony is scheduled for the 18th February. Since it's a really big thing, I'm sure that Yuzu will be there despite his preparations for Worlds, no?

So we could see him again earlier than expected! :59227c768286a__s:

I don't know if Laureus is a big thing or not and I believe for every of this six athlets their time of recovery and preparation was very hard, so there isn't any way to compare. And with two nominees from USA and one from Canada I doubt he has any chance to win. But I really like when Zuzu is recognized by non-Japan and non-FS-only media.:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: