General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, utsukushii3A said:

Cats can be very handy exercise equipment. It's much easier to hold side planks (and regular planks) longer when petting a cat while doing them. :67638860:

The irony of that is that it probably wouldn't fit across a Hanyu-sized waist in one line of regular t-shirt font size. 

Full confession: I don't get jealous of his figure in pictures of him in tight-fitting clothes/costumes. I get jealous of how the clothes/costumes fit. :tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow: I have a very similar figure, but I rarely get to see it anymore because of how much bigger American clothes have gotten (especially in the waist). You could make a queen-sized quilt out of all the extra waist fabric from my tops and dresses (and several more out of the extra waist fabric from the ladies at my (Russian Orthodox) church's Christmas service the other day). :tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

I hope he has a lot less trouble finding clothes than I do.

A lot of smaller-sized women I know shop girl's sizes for exactly this reason. But the clothes aren't always suitable for an adult woman. 

Anyway, aside from being incredibly athletic, Yuzu has a mom who sews. So I wouldn't be surprised if she tailors his clothes sometimes. 

However, doesn't he usually have a hard time finding suit jackets he's not absolutely swimming in? I seem to recall that being a thing...

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

Yes! Full gold costume, Michael Jackson song (one song, please!) and GPF in Torino! Go go Yuzu!

Well, if he does that, he might as well go for broke and do the most epic Michael Jackson song ever written - Billie Jean.

Although I think Yuzu could totally slay Smooth Criminal. 

4 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

A lot of smaller-sized women I know shop girl's sizes for exactly this reason. But the clothes aren't always suitable for an adult woman. 

Anyway, aside from being incredibly athletic, Yuzu has a mom who sews. So I wouldn't be surprised if she tailors his clothes sometimes. 

However, doesn't he usually have a hard time finding suit jackets he's not absolutely swimming in? I seem to recall that being a thing...

Girls' clothes are even worse for me because I'm skinny and, er, top-heavy. So I just get most of my clothes secondhand (often from Japan or Europe). I mean, I'd do that anyway because it's better for the environment and I can get $250 worth of designer/brand-name clothing for $30, but eventually, the thrift stores will run out of older, smaller clothes...

Awww, that would be nice. Now I have the warm-fuzzies from imagining Mama Hanyu tailoring Yuzu's clothes.

You mean suit jackets like this? 

8c5366da448658091f84100c04a1fa51.jpg

I mean, he's probably just goofing around, but can we really be sure he isn't making that face because a squirrel got in to that jacket somewhere and is scratching him? :laughing:

45 minutes ago, utsukushii3A said:

he's probably just goofing around, but can we really be sure he isn't making that face because a squirrel got in to that jacket somewhere and is scratching him? :laughing:

I now have a completely new perspective on all his scrunchy smile moments. :knc_tracy2: Thanks.

Also, you reminded me of this: 

43 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I now have a completely new perspective on all his scrunchy smile moments. :knc_tracy2: Thanks.

Also, you reminded me of this: 

Thank you for adding more reality to the first idea of the squirrel of @utsukushii3A :68468287:

Now I can barely think of anything esle -> pout face = (his) squirrel in his back

On 1/10/2019 at 3:21 AM, micaelis said:

Perhaps not silly enough.  Not a Pooh headband, but rather Yuzu buried in a pile of Winnie-the-Poohs with only his head and shoulders visible.  Yuzu still giggling, however.  You can make it monumentally silly by gradually backing away and showing Yuzu at the top of a huge mountain of Poohs and him saying, "We're still trying to figure out where to put them all."

The film is in my head now ... I can totally see the scene ;;; :xD:

I'm not sure, if this has been shared somewhere already, but Yuzu has now been officially nominated for the international Laureus Sports Award 2019 in the category 'best comeback of the year'!!  :english1:

DxHbDGVWwAMwkQk?format=jpg&name=large

https://mobile.twitter.com/LaureusSp...90049697345536

The five contenders for this award besides Yuzu are:
CAN Mark McMorris (snowboarding)
NED Bibian Mentel-Spee (snowboarding)
IND Vinesh Phogat (wrestling)
USA Lyndsey Vonn (skiing)
USA Tiger Woods (golf)

All my fingers crossed for Yuzu. He could become the first figure skater ever to win a Laureus!!

The award ceremony is scheduled for the 18th February. Since it's a really big thing, I'm sure that Yuzu will be there despite his preparations for Worlds, no?

So we could see him again earlier than expected! :59227c768286a__s:

2 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Woah, Laureus award nomination!! Amazing! Congrats, Yuzu! Hope he wins! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Being a Laureus nominee is really a big thing , regardless if he will wins or not , it's really a good thing already , Congrats !! :9: