General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Proof...オーストラリアにお届けできます。

FDYeUMR.png

Amazon changed their minds, my sister saw it a week or two ago on the US website. I think the backlash from Australian buyers was way more than they expected...

So now - as I understand it - Australians can buy from overseas Amazon again, and a good thing too.

PS - Damn, I saw the post above that says we can buy but they won't ship? I must look into this :hachimaki:

On 1/14/2019 at 8:32 AM, Tee said:

So cool! 

Looks like he was much freer in the practice and had a lot more ice coverage. Beginning-of-the-season-nerves?

On 1/14/2019 at 11:20 AM, sallycinnamon said:

This footage was around 1h 45 min. before his free skate on the day of the free skate <3 

Yuzu asked Brian if he has a six pack :laughing:

OMG, did he say 「行ぐべ」 around 6:07, or was that wishful thinking because I LOVE DIALECTS? :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:I've only ever heard him speak standard Japanese. Does he actually use a lot of Sendai dialect? :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

49 minutes ago, utsukushii3A said:

So cool! 

Looks like he was much freer in the practice and had a lot more ice coverage. Beginning-of-the-season-nerves?

OMG, did he say 「行ぐべ」 around 6:07, or was that wishful thinking because I LOVE DIALECTS? :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:I've only ever heard him speak standard Japanese. Does he actually use a lot of Sendai dialect? :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

There's a snippet of a video where he's saying something like "this stuff really tastes bad" talking about the thing he drinks at competitions, and his accent was so heavy and adorable :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

Too bad i don't remember where it is:8788161:

but afaik some poeple try to hide their miyagi accent bc it has a "lazy" connotation? I'm sure i read that somewhere... If that's the case, no wonder we don't hear his accent often

1 hour ago, Hydroblade said:

There's a snippet of a video where he's saying something like "this stuff really tastes bad" talking about the thing he drinks at competitions, and his accent was so heavy and adorable :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

Too bad i don't remember where it is:8788161:

but afaik some poeple try to hide their miyagi accent bc it has a "lazy" connotation? I'm sure i read that somewhere... If that's the case, no wonder we don't hear his accent often

If anyone has this, or anything else of Yuzu using Sendai dialect, I will be eternally grateful if you could show me!

Accents and dialects are different. I don't know Japanese well enough to tell if he has a noticeable accent, but dialects can be impossible to understand. Unfortunately, I think regional accents and dialects tend to be frowned upon in all countries, but the main issue with using Japanese dialects in interviews is that people outside the area won't understand them.

That being said, I have a fairly thick but perfectly understandable accent that has a "low-class" or "uneducated" connotation and adamantly refuse to ever change it, so the idea of Yuzu using a dialect with (if I remember correctly) a "country bumpkin" connotation gives me such warm-fuzzies. :67638860:

42 minutes ago, utsukushii3A said:

If anyone has this, or anything else of Yuzu using Sendai dialect, I will be eternally grateful if you could show me!

Accents and dialects are different. I don't know Japanese well enough to tell if he has a noticeable accent, but dialects can be impossible to understand. Unfortunately, I think regional accents and dialects tend to be frowned upon in all countries, but the main issue with using Japanese dialects in interviews is that people outside the area won't understand them.

That being said, I have a fairly thick but perfectly understandable accent that has a "low-class" or "uneducated" connotation and adamantly refuse to ever change it, so the idea of Yuzu using a dialect with (if I remember correctly) a "country bumpkin" connotation gives me such warm-fuzzies. :67638860:

If I remember correctly it's the Northern Tohoku (Aomori, Akita and other prefectures around the Sea of Japan) dialect that is most perceived as boorish. Not too sure about Southern Tohoku (Miyagi, Iwate and other prefectures around), maybe they are considered boorish as well, but less so, since the dialect tends to be closer to the Tokyo dialect (which has now become the standard), especially compared to Northern Tohoku dialect.

Yea I knew accent ≠ dialect, sorry for mixing them, but it seems that the perception of the dialect carries over to the perception of the accent, hence my comment.

On 1/15/2019 at 2:17 AM, liv said:

My thoughts exactly!!  From the first few minutes you could tell he's actually a real brat (which is fine, my nickname is *brat,* said with affection, lol)!! Haha, Brian do you have a six pack... he must like six packs... i remember seeing him with some girls ( actresses for a lotte interview?) and he was talking about 6 packs with them too...

Well he i s a guy, and sure likes to have a strong body. With an athletic body like his you can tell he's pretty proud of it :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: He bragged about it here and there if he had the chance, like that time when he asked for a bath during a cf and showed the staff his waist :peek:

7 hours ago, VyVy99 said:

Well he i s a guy, and sure likes to have a strong body. With an athletic body like his you can tell he's pretty proud of it :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: He bragged about it here and there if he had the chance, like that time when he asked for a bath during a cf and showed the staff his waist :peek:

Wait, what? Is there any video? :loveeyes:

On 1/15/2019 at 12:20 AM, sallycinnamon said:

This footage was around 1h 45 min. before his free skate on the day of the free skate <3 

Yuzu asked Brian if he has a six pack :laughing:

12 hours ago, utsukushii3A said:

I think he said 「い〜くぜ」which is not really dialect phrasing but more of casual/manly/boyish way of saying "I'm going".

When Yuzu was young, he had slight dialect phrasing some times I think. Also his intonation sometimes sounds a kind of dialect twine in it. But as far as his public speech, he doesn't really have an accent of any sort.

43 minutes ago, utsukushii3A said:

Wait, what? Is there any video? :loveeyes:

no video, but it was in an article xDD

This happened after his shower when he was choosing between 2 sets of clothes we had laid out for him.

“Look look~ My waist, it’s insane* you know”. When we turned around, we saw Hanyu with his shirt scrunched up, showing his waist to all of the staff present.

Whaaa– it was so…narrow!! Zero fat. So tight. But it wasn’t just narrow, the muscle bulk was as expected of an athlete! A crazy waist, so envious…There’s no doubt all of the staff there were thinking the same thing (laughs).

source: https://tadakixd.tumblr.com/post/170868143805/kateigaho-snippets-the-natural-side-of-yuzuru

As for the accent discussion: I hope he'll let his accent come out if he does FaOI in Sendai... it'll be his hometown ice show T___T

18 hours ago, TallyT said:

Amazon changed their minds, my sister saw it a week or two ago on the US website. I think the backlash from Australian buyers was way more than they expected...

So now - as I understand it - Australians can buy from overseas Amazon again, and a good thing too.

PS - Damn, I saw the post above that says we can buy but they won't ship? I must look into this :hachimaki:

So it's definitely "No shipping to Australia" from US or JPN Amazon...? Darn...look what I've found...:68468287:

Spoiler

r6eToqJ.png

https://www.amazon.com/Towel-Lightweight-Absorbent-Bath-Swimming/dp/B07B4RWLVZ

18 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

no video, but it was in an article xDD

source: https://tadakixd.tumblr.com/post/170868143805/kateigaho-snippets-the-natural-side-of-yuzuru

As for the accent discussion: I hope he'll let his accent come out if he does FaOI in Sendai... it'll be his hometown ice show T___T

Thank you!!

Ahhhhhhh, he phrased it, 「見てくださいよ~僕、ウエストえぐいんですよ」 in Japanese.

「え ぐ い ん で す よ」 :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

He was telling them all to look at his super-awesome waist with super soft, sweet, polite grammar.

48 minutes ago, utsukushii3A said:

Thank you!!

Ahhhhhhh, he phrased it, 「見てくださいよ~僕、ウエストえぐいんですよ」 in Japanese.

「え ぐ い ん で す よ」 :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

He was telling them all to look at his super-awesome waist with super soft, sweet, polite grammar.

A.k.a.,  even his bragging is polite. :embSwan: