General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, utsukushii3A said:

Yes! If he does land a 4A, they should name it after him, or name the 4T3A a Yuzuru Hanyu sequence or something. Just completely objectively, not even as a fan, he's accomplished way too much not to get something named after him. 

Agreed!  Even my dad, who's only watched a couple of competitions because of me, has said the exact same thing.  He's said on several different occasions that he predicts Yuzuru will have a "cool move" named after him one day.  :knc_brian1:  And my dad doesn't even care for skating much.

2 hours ago, utsukushii3A said:

You're welcome about the correction! 

Yes! If he does land a 4A, they should name it after him, or name the 4T3A a Yuzuru Hanyu sequence or something. Just completely objectively, not even as a fan, he's accomplished way too much not to get something named after him. :9:

Can someone name a planet after him please. 

7 hours ago, Tee said:

So basically everyone here wants to die next season with both LGC and Origin?

PPoS and 4A high kick??

We'd all die happy. What more could a fanyu ask of life? 

On the topic of music, I think Yuzu would be able to do some amazing interpretation of Hendrix...think of how he could punctuate "Kiss the Sky" with quads. Or the step sequence that could fit the guitar solo in "All Along the Watchtower".

But there's actually a current song which I think Yuzu could do a great job of: 

11 hours ago, wpisces said:

I'm not against him doing 4A. I just really really hope his gorgeous 3A doesn't get affected. His 3A did give me trauma this season. It's not easy to see his 3A went from the most reliable jump to the jump which gave me anxiety everytime he jumps it and got less points than Kolyada, Shoma, even Nathan's. He used to be the one who has the best 3A with great success rate on it. This season he hasn't yet jumped any perfect 3A, either (a bit) shaky landing ( lean forward) or pop and fall. 

Whether his 4A would affect to his 3A, its too soon to say. I would like to wait for a few comp or maybe half of next season. His 3A this season so far is ok, its not that bad IMO. If you compare his 3A to the last 3 seasons, from senior B to senior B and 1st GP to 1st GP, its about the same. I think the overeaction mostly come from his 3A in SP,  but he tried the new entry instead of the back counter 3A that he did for the last 6 years, so I would give him abit benefit of doubt. I think I talked about his twizzle 3A after Helsinki, that the entry and the placement of that 3A make him off axis easily. At COR, they switched to back counter and its look better.  Its never easy to try new jump entry, if you look at top men ( and Eteri girls) , they use the same jump entry for years, for both SP and LP. I refuse to look at the score,  because Junhwan & Jason's telegraph 3A got about the same points as his twizzle 3A at ACI or even his perfect 3As got less GOE than Javi and Shoma sometimes :laughing:. I get why some people worried, because we saw how training 4lz affect to 3lz, but his 3lo still fine when he train 4lo, let's hope that's would be the same for 4A and 3A ^^  

I'm not even think about program next season yet, when we still have 2 months until WC :laughing:

5 minutes ago, Katt said:

Whether his 4A would affect to his 3A, its too soon to say. I would like to wait for a few comp or maybe half of next season. His 3A this season so far is ok, its not that bad IMO. If you compare his 3A to the last 3 seasons, from senior B to senior B and 1st GP to 1st GP, its about the same. I think the overeaction mostly come from his 3A in SP, but he tried the new entry instead of the back counter 3A that he did for the last 6 years, so I would give him abit benefit of doubt. I think I talked about his twizzle 3A after Helsinki, that the entry and the placement of that 3A make him off axis easily. At COR, they switched to back counter and its look better.  Its never easy to try new jump entry, if you look at top men ( and Eteri girls) , they use the same jump entry for years, for both SP and LP. I refuse to look at the score,  because Junhwan & Jason's telegraph 3A got about the same points as his twizzle 3A at ACI or even his perfect 3As got less GOE than Javi and Shoma sometimes :laughing:. I get why some people worried, because we saw how training 4lz affect to 3lz, but his 3lo still fine when he train 4lo, let's hope that's would be the same for 4A and 3A ^^  

I'm not even think about program next season yet, when we still have 2 months until WC :laughing:

But twizzle entry isn't new for him. He was doing it already in Requiem. But probably pressure of gala and competition are two diffrent things.

I agree with @wpisces. He has a little trouble now with 3a and he needs to be more focused to land it. It still looks better than it was with 3lz, because 3a is THE jump for him.

About 3lo, I think there isn't as much force you need to control as it is with 3lz and 3a.

41 minutes ago, Paskud said:

But twizzle entry isn't new for him. He was doing it already in Requiem. But probably pressure of gala and competition are two diffrent things.

I agree with @wpisces. He has a little trouble now with 3a and he needs to be more focused to land it. It still looks better than it was with 3lz, because 3a is THE jump for him.

About 3lo, I think there isn't as much force you need to control as it is with 3lz and 3a.

If I remember right, he only did twizzle 3A in Requiem Boston, for the whole season, its SE 3A. And the success rate for his 3A twizzle in NS is about 50%. Its new for him in competitive program. We shouldn't compare gala program to competitive one, its not only the pressure, but the difficulty and focus it require is hella different. 

I still think his 3A is fine, its the one in SP make people worried abit but I think its gonna be ok if he stick to back counter entry. I would like to wait until WC (or maybe WTT if we lucky enough) to see. His 3A in LP is pretty much the same as previous season ( we don't talk about COR LP here). 

37 minutes ago, Katt said:

If I remember right, he only did twizzle 3A in Requiem Boston, for the whole season, its SE 3A. And the success rate for his 3A twizzle in NS is about 50%. Its new for him in competitive program. We shouldn't compare gala program to competitive one, its not only the pressure, but the difficulty and focus it require is hella different. 

I still think his 3A is fine, its the one in SP make people worried abit but I think its gonna be ok if he stick to back counter entry. I would like to wait until WC (or maybe WTT if we lucky enough) to see. His 3A in LP is pretty much the same as previous season ( we don't talk about COR LP here). 

It isn't only in SP, his 3As in LP at both ACI and Helsinki GP were landed shakily/ borderline URed. The best 3A he has done this season is the one in SP at COR ( still lean forward a bit though). While I agree new entry somehow contributes to this instability,  I believe the main reason is still losing some sense and rhythm of a triple caused by training quad. 

Just now, wpisces said:

It isn't only in SP, his 3As in LP at both ACI and Helsinki GP was landed shakily, borderline URed. 

I stand by my point, his 3A in LP is about the same as previous seasons. Maybe you should rewatch his 3A in ACI17 (i hope you not), COR17, ACI16, ACI15, SC15. His 3A is the best in SC16 LP if we talk about early comp.

33 minutes ago, Katt said:

I stand by my point, his 3A in LP is about the same as previous seasons. Maybe you should rewatch his 3A in ACI17 (i hope you not), COR17, ACI16, ACI15, SC15. His 3A is the best in SC16 LP if we talk about early comp.

Not only 3A, other jumps are usually shaky at early comps, when the season goes, it usually goes back to normal. His 3A isn't perfect all the time but after all it was the most reliable jump of him. As I said, the mistakes he made on 3A this season particularly is mostly due to uncontrolled height and distance, which I take as the obvious effect of training quad. Losing sense and rhythm of jump caused being unable to estimate precisely the distance and height the jump requires, could result in off axis, URed/ overotated jump.I think he needs to be more focused to  jump 3A these days. 

17 minutes ago, wpisces said:

Not only 3A, other jumps are usually shaky at early comps, when the season goes, it usually goes back to normal.  But as I said, the mistakes he made on 3A this season particularly is mostly due to uncontrolled height and distance, which I take as the obvious effect of training quad. 

I took those shaky 3A as early season's state. Maybe you're right that its effect of 4A, maybe not. As for me, at the moment there's not enough data for it. I would like to see his 3A when he's healthy and in top form to judge. 

1 minute ago, Katt said:

I took those shaky 3A as early season's state. Maybe you're right that its effect of 4A, maybe not. As for me, at the moment there's not enough data for it. I would like to see his 3A when he's healthy and in top form to judge. 

Yeah, it is only my theory. I love his 3A and I hope it will remain the best jump of him. 

1 minute ago, wpisces said:

Yeah, it is only my theory. I love his 3A and I hope it will remain the best jump of him. 

Agreed :grouphug: His 3A is so special and I wish it would be perfect at WC. Let's hope he would find the way to do 4A and 3A perfectly at the same time ^^