General Yuzuru Chat

47 минут назад, TallyT сказал:

We can trust him to give us something brilliant and beautiful.

:iagree: I may want to see something rocky or tango for SP and some dramatic powerful classic for FS (not that he'd done many of those), but at the same time it's interesting to see what Yuzu will choose for himself, and his choices are thought through and have meaning to him so it will be brilliant anyway. As much as I like this year's programs I'm always for something new.

3 hours ago, Fay said:

I can take you through their unknown gems, in fact. They’re a lot more multifaceted than their two fantastic Greatest Hits would have us believe... 

I can wade through them on my own I think but a guiding hand is always welcome :68468287: (and you don't need to convince me about their multifacetedness — it can be heard even from their hits, or at least that's how I knew it). Post some recs on the music thread at the space junk section maybe? ;)

2 hours ago, Lunna said:

I may want to see something rocky or tango for SP and some dramatic powerful classic for FS

If it is something tango-ey then I want Yuzu to pick Nocturne no. 1 in D Minor by Jon Batiste (don't be fooled by the title :coolio: — the piece is tango-ey as heck, and Jon Batiste is lit AF... 'nuff said! :coolio:).

As for the classical FS, I want him to skate to Cesar Franck's Le Chasseur Maudit — it's an orchestral piece about a hunting went horribly wrong. The only downside I could think of is that now Yuzu would have to portray someone chased away by the demons instead of being the one chasing the demons away (as in Seimei)... Unless he decides to play both roles a la R&J 2.0 :devil3:

3 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

I don't think 3A is suffering from 4A. He jumped some drop dead gorgeous 3As in practice (including the first one I saw in person in ACI which left me like this, literally :knc_tracy1:).

I also don't think you should look at points. Yuzu is always underscored, unless he's perfect - and sometimes even then. I wouldn't say he hasn't done any perfect 3As this season either, though I guess other more technically savvy fans might disagree. But Yuzu tends to make mistakes when he relaxes too much and he tends to relax on his best jumps. To me, that's why the mistakes happen on 3A and 4T. He stresses about 4Lo or 4S and does those over and over again, with more or less success. Then he nails them in competition, so he relaxes a bit, because 3A and 4T are easy for him. So he makes mistakes. It's something I'm very familiar with, because I used to do that in school, a lot. I'd do difficult exercises perfectly, then make mistakes on easy ones, because I focused less, knowing they were easy. I'm pretty sure that's Yuzu's problem, too. But he can control it, most of the time, when it's imperative to do so.

And my last argument for why I don't think his 3A is suffering from 4A is because I think he's been more or less seriously working on 4A for a long time. Longer than just this season. Just watched an interview from after Worlds 2014 (courtesy of Hanyu Museum), where he pretty much confirms he's tried 4A and can rotate it about 75%. And since I doubt he had time to play around it right before Sochi, that must have been some time before that. So he's had over 4 years to think about and play with it (of course, not constantly, due to the various injuries, but still). In this case, it also makes a bit more sense, that he wants to succeed with it by the end of this year...

I have to dissagree, it did affect his 3A. The mistakes he made on 3A is mostly because he can't control the height and distance of jump ( either much higher than necessary ( mostly in SP) or smaller( mostly in FS)) which resulted in not good air position, off axis on landing, UR... I know some gushed over how high his 3A was  this season but it's not good. There is a reason why big jumpers have to learn to control the height they get on jumps. It seems the sense, the rhythm of jumping 3A got affected. I guess he only trained 4A seriously until last off-season so it affected his 3A more than last seasons. 

23 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

I can wad through them on my own I think but a guiding hand is always welcome :68468287: (and you don't need to convince me about their multifacetedness — it can be heard even from their hits, or at least that's how I knew it). Post some recs on the music thread at the space junk section maybe?

If it is something tango-ey then I want Yuzu to pick Nocturne no. 1 in D Minor by Jon Batiste (don't be fooled by the title :coolio: — the piece is tango-ey as heck, and Jon Batiste is lit AF... 'nuff said! :coolio:).

As for the classical FS, I want him to skate to Cesar Franck's Le Chasseur Maudit — it's an orchestral piece about a hunting went horribly wrong. The only downside I could think of is that now Yuzu would have to portray someone chased away by the demons instead of being the one chasing the demons away (as in Seimei)... Unless he decides to play both roles a la R&J 2.0 :devil3:

wo... wooooo... WOOOO! This nocturne tango is amazing! At the end is such a good place for StSq and last spin! :tumblr_inline_n0o1fjLfy91qid2nw:

1 hour ago, Lunna said:

:iagree: I may want to see something rocky or tango for SP and some dramatic powerful classic for FS (not that he'd done many of those), but at the same time it's interesting to see what Yuzu will choose for himself, and his choices are thought through and have meaning to him so it will be brilliant anyway. As much as I like this year's programs I'm always for something new.

I shouldn't be surprised if at least one of any new programs is by a Japanese composer.  He's has said he would like more skaters to look to their own country's music, especially Asian countries, than always the dominant European heritage.

That doesn't mean he will always go that way but this year, because of the tribute, he had to use European music. Next year...

19 minutes ago, TallyT said:

I shouldn't be surprised if at least one of any new programs is by a Japanese composer.  He's has said he would like more skaters to look to their own country's music, especially Asian countries, than always the dominant European heritage.

That doesn't mean he will always go that way but this year, because of the tribute, he had to use European music. Next year...

I was thinking the same.  IMO I think he will repeat Origin so that he can focus on the 4A for next year.  I think he will follow up with a Japanese inspired program after that whether he continues a full season or not.  

Those are obviously just my guesses... in the end... I’m just happy seeing him skate and will continue to be inspired by his choices.

1 hour ago, utsukushii3A said:

It was actually, "eventually I won't be popular anymore", not that people will forget him.

38 minutes ago, PoohCannelle said:

Oh thanks for the correction ! But anyway, he's so humble !

Thanks for the correction and I agree he is forever humble.  I remember what he said in the past “we were all beginners once, never lose your humility”.  

Having said that popularity is temporary, I believe his records and legendary status will live on forever in the field of figure skating.

You're welcome about the correction! 

44 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

Having said that popularity is temporary, I believe his records and legendary status will live on forever in the field of figure skating.

Yes! If he does land a 4A, they should name it after him, or name the 4T3A a Yuzuru Hanyu sequence or something. Just completely objectively, not even as a fan, he's accomplished way too much not to get something named after him. :9: